PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Correction - IT WAS NOT CD's fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumby

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I have seen this in almost every commentary and news story so far. (to include our own patsfans commentators)

'Corey Dillon' caused a celebration penalty for..........

....throwing the ball
.....duckwalking
....yada yada

AND THEY ARE ALL COMPLETELY WRONG.

If any of these guys actually listened to the Ref: He said it was a violation of excessive celebration for a TEAM CELEBRATION.

CD didn't get the flag. It was actually Graham I believe who when CD started the duck walk; he started doing it with CD.

I just hope some folks correct themselves and stop blaming CD. (not that it mattered any with Ghost hammering that bouncer down the carpet and the Def hammering Palmer.)

It was Watson, but you're right. CD will get a fine for throwing the ball in the stands though. I never quite got that one....

jeffd said:
CD will get a fine for throwing the ball in the stands though. I never quite got that one....

Liability of player chukking a ball into the stands where someone (might) get injured.

I was laughing when the fans threw the ball back. I wish Dillon had taken it and wrote on it $15,000 and worth every penny than put it on his mantle.

That was funny that the fans threw it back. No love lost there. Then they panned back to him sitting on the bench and you know the fans were jaw jacking at him while he was over there. If the game were closer I don't think he would have done it but I don't think he'll get in trouble for it with the Patriots.

fine and penalty or not. It was good to see some emotion from our guys.

jimmyjames said:
fine and penalty or not. It was good to see some emotion from our guys.

No penalty for throwing the ball in the stands, just a fine.

is it still a fine for throwing a ball into the stands if it gets thrown back? after all, the ball got returned, unless they consider the act of throwing the ball itself an excessive celebration violation.

jeffd said:
It was Watson, but you're right. CD will get a fine for throwing the ball in the stands though. I never quite got that one....
No, it was Graham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye