PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cornerbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harrison is basically retired now. Bruschi needs to retire. Vrabel will be done within the next 2 years. Adalius should have some decent time left. Seymour is pushing 30. Hobbs plays like he's 50.

If the CBs we have now could actually play like Ty Law circa 2001 then they'd be fine with me

Wow, are you kidding? Hobbs plays like he's 50? That's wrong in so many respects. First off, is style of play is incredibly youthful, small and quick. Second, he's a solid #2 regardless and can cover #1's a fair amount of time. Thirdly, he leads the league (haven't checked the stats in a couple weeks but he's up there regardless) in average yards per kickoff return.

So, no, he doesn't play like he's 50. I have absolutely no idea how you defend that statement.

How can someone possibly defend Hobbs

He's one of the worst corners I've ever seen

Pennington for 341 yard and 3 TDs

Ellis Hobbs burned by Ted Ginn

Pennington for 341 yard and 3 TDs

Ellis Hobbs burned by Ted Ginn
Did it ever occur to you that maybe Ted Ginn can actually play or that the a couple of balls thrown at Ellis were fantastic throws? Of course it didn't.

I'm betting you aren't going to praise the couple of pass deflections and the great positioning to almost intercept a Pennington pass?

Hobbs isn't the problem in the secondary. Lack of personnel due to injuries, poor zone coverage, a lack of tight marking discipline and waiting too long to react is what it hurting the secondary.

Rodney being out is a massive loss, especially over the middle of the field with the TE.

Correct me if I am wrong, but despite some questionable defensive play calling and execution the Patriots won 48-28.

Last edited:
Hobbs sucks and he THINKS and acts like he's better than he is. He still hasn't made ONE game changing play on defense. I hope we have a plan to get a better CB next year, maybe Hobbs could play the nickle....

Ellis Hobbs is going to have bad days.

It's the pass rush. How the hell can't you guys see this? You think if we go sign a big name CB we'll be fine? This pass rush is simply nonexistant!

Did it ever occur to you that maybe Ted Ginn can actually play or that the a couple of balls thrown at Ellis were fantastic throws? Of course it didn't.

I'm betting you aren't going to praise the couple of pass deflections and the great positioning to almost intercept a Pennington pass?

Hobbs isn't the problem in the secondary. Lack of personnel due to injuries, poor zone coverage, a lack of tight marking discipline and waiting too long to react is what it hurting the secondary.

Rodney being out is a massive loss, especially over the middle of the field with the TE.

Correct me if I am wrong, but despite some questionable defensive play calling and execution the Patriots won 48-28.

Don't get yourself worked up. Gicksauce is a troll.

Yet I've been consistently right while you guys have been consistently blind

Yet I've been consistently right while you guys have been consistently blind

oooooh, you sure told me off Gick. :eek: Better go now, we wouldnt want you to be late to your 5th grade class. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back