Cornerback

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Cornerback will be interesting to watch if Bedard is correct :

"Devin McCourty, according to league sources, is expected to be paired with Patrick Chung at safety."

They have holes to fill - a year from now - The Boston Globe

Assuming Claiborne, Kirkpatrick, Gilmore are gone that would put guys like Trumaine Johnson and Casey Hayward a little more in play in the first or second round than some might have though before. And Harrison Smith less in play.

Last edited:
Re: Cb

If he's there in the 2nd round, Janoris Jenkins has to be considered.

He's had his problems but he seems to have matured a bit in the last year, so if he can stay on that path he has the potential to be the steal of the draft.

Jenkins, Dowling, McCourty & Chung...quite a lot of talent in the secondary there.

Last edited:

I'd take Jenkins in the first personally. Jamell Fleming in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I'd take Jenkins in the first personally. Jamell Fleming in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I would too but I've just got a feeling #31 will end up with Cleveland.

If he's there in the 2nd round, Janoris Jenkins has to be considered.

He's had his problems but he seems to have matured a bit in the last year, so if he can stay on that path he has the potential to be the steal of the draft.

Jenkins, Dowling, McCourty & Chung...quite a lot of talent in the secondary there.

Dowling got so excited when he read your post, he ran down the stairs, tripped and has now been placed on IR.......

I liked Sterling Moore last year, I thought he was better than most. Look DBs are a crap shoot at best. Jenkins has 4 kids by 3 mothers and can't stay off the ganja, just call him Cromartie Jr., no thanks. He'll be lucky if the courts don't take his whole signing bonus.
I'm not sold on McCourty at safety. I don't think he is physical enough to play safety, come to think of it, I'm not sold on Chung either.

Dowling got so excited when he read your post, he ran down the stairs, tripped and has now been placed on IR.......

I liked Sterling Moore last year, I thought he was better than most. Look DBs are a crap shoot at best. Jenkins has 4 kids by 3 mothers and can't stay off the ganja, just call him Cromartie Jr., no thanks. He'll be lucky if the courts don't take his whole signing bonus.
I'm not sold on McCourty at safety. I don't think he is physical enough to play safety, come to think of it, I'm not sold on Chung either.

I don't rate Chung in coverage at all. He's terrible. A great int he box safety but he bites on play action way too much and hesitates.

I want a roaming Safety. I'm not sold on McCourty at safety either and I think an addition like Markelle Martin could be great in the long term. If they put him there for a year then brought in someone like a Kenny Vaccaro next season I could live with it but I think he needs his shot at corner.

Ras-I's injury hurt him as I think he took on a lot of his responsibilities. IMO Ras-I if healthy will be the #1 corner this year and I'd be happy with McCourty at #2. Arrington will be fine in the slot backed with Will Allen and Sterling Moore is a nice commodity to have too. A safety is desperately needed and I don't honestly see D-Mac as the answer.

Interesting that this news bout McCourty comes on draft day. Coincidence?

FWIW, there's a source I like on another board who correctly called the McCourty pick and last year "heard" the Pats liked two RB's, one of whom was Ridley. He say's the Pats "like" Barron but were moving on from him.

Cornerback will be interesting to watch if Bedard is correct :

"Devin McCourty, according to league sources, is expected to be paired with Patrick Chung at safety."

They have holes to fill - a year from now - The Boston Globe

Assuming Claiborne, Kirkpatrick, Gilmore are gone that would put guys like Trumaine Johnson and Casey Hayward a little more in play in the first or second round than some might have though before. And Harrison Smith less in play.

I can't imagine why BB would let leak that McCourty is moving to S. Sounds more like cover for picking up Trumaine Johnson. Don't get me wrong I like McCourty at S, and I like Gilmore (move up) or Johnson as a big CB/FS to bring in and suddenly have an elite DB corps.

I'm pretty sure BB isn't drafting any 4-3 DE -> 3-4 OLB's via the draft (first 60 picks anyhow), so it's DT's drafted to be 3-4 DE (1 or 2 (Thompson, Martin), and maybe a LB like Wilber later on, and at least one stud CB (if not two - like Josh Robinson and Ron Brooks too), and maybe a deal or a camp cut or Carter (if healthy) for pressure.

Last edited:
what about the cb the cowboys are trying to trade mike jenkins...I dont know much about him but he was a starter (of course there was a reason they traded up t replace him)...but I heard they would want a 5th rounder...

any chance they created a 5th rounder to take a chance? he was a former high round pick..he has to be better than edelman or whats out there in the 5th round

just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing