PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Corey,Maroney,The Jets, and next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you are trying to say, but that is not always the case. Priest Holmes was let go by Baltimore even though he ran. It took time for him to learn patience. Larry Johnson studied under Priest for a few seasons. Thomas Jones took a bit to work it out. Marshal Faulk didn't hit his stride fully until he went to the Rams.

I do agree that Maroney needs to run, but he could be like the best RBs in the NFL that I just listed. There is only one way to find out.

As a general tendency WRs take awhile to gain rapport and learn routes while RBs usually can run or not. More instinctive.

It certainly helps to learn from a vet, but Maroney has, from a possible HOFer.

Another factor is meshing with your offensive line. You can't do that from the bench.

As a general tendency WRs take awhile to gain rapport and learn routes while RBs usually can run or not. More instinctive.

It certainly helps to learn from a vet, but Maroney has, from a possible HOFer.

Another factor is meshing with your offensive line. You can't do that from the bench.

Very true, but that still does not explain the best NFL RBs I just listed. Many looked at them and said they couldn't run (except Faulk, but many called him a major bust although he was productive). It just isn't that black and white. LJ got no playing time until Priest wasnt healthy. Jones stunk it up in AZ but showed a little flash in TB. The principle you give is not an absolute by any means.

Last edited:
everything you said is fine but if his attitude sucks and he not bought into the team concept whats the point, marouney will have a break out year hes fast quick and will get the jod done he was limited with a injury the last half of the year, we will get a nice change of pace back, change happens every year and id rather have a young guy with upside and fresh legs

see I agree that things look bright for maroney but how can anyone say a second year guy is going to have a break out year.. I just cant buy into that stuff until I see production.

what do you mean change of pace back, in my opinion there are three kinds of backs. Power, shifty, and 3rd down back

Power was corey, shifty is maroney, and faulk is the best 3rd back in the nfl

I wouldn't consider someone who rarely eclipsed 12 or so carries a "key part of the offense."

I would, I was impressed with dillion this year, I thought he was very valuable in getting first downs and not to metion unstoppable in the red zone.. you just dont find those guys on the street.. then again you dont pay 4.4 mill to them ither

the pats won two sb with Antwan smith . I'm not concerned about the rb position .

thats a bit of a foolish statement. We all know Smith was a weak rb but to say they just because we have someone who may be better than Antwan doesnt mean it will be so automatically

Well after reading these first 3 pages.. I can see that alot of people have high hopes for maroney and so do I, its just good to get others opinions on matters that im not to sure about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back