PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Corey Hill - For the Morbidly Curious

Wildo7

Totally Full of It
Reaction score
Anyone who didn't see this, I hope you have a strong stomach. Coupled with a brutal Rachman-esque head contusion and an armbar that snapped Al-Hassan's arm in half, this was without a doubt the most disturbing night of MMA I've ever seen.

The most remarkable part of this is that when Hill goes down he starts immediately working for a kimura in a sick mix of adrenaline and instinct:

Painful Leg Break Ends FightVideo

Anyone who didn't see this, I hope you have a strong stomach. Coupled with a brutal Rachman-esque head contusion and an armbar that snapped Al-Hassan's arm in half, this was without a doubt the most disturbing night of MMA I've ever seen.

The most remarkable part of this is that when Hill goes down he starts immediately working for a kimura in a sick mix of adrenaline and instinct:

Painful Leg Break Ends FightVideo
Bizzare in the fact that hill shows no sign of pain even after he falls down. Like you said there must have been a lot of adrenalin flowing.

Last edited:
Bizzare in the fact that hill shows no sign of pain even after he falls down. Like you said there must have been a lot of adrenalin flowing.

You can tell when the adrenaline wears off and the pain suddenly hits him when the ref finally calls it and he starts tapping his other foot in agony.

Just awful. I love tight submissions, but that armbar from Cantwell was NASTY. Hassan should've tapped though, that was a seriously bad misjudgement. As for Hill, I just hope he can fight again. That's a horrific break.

That whole night of fights was great (besides the horrific injuries), I think it's because a lot of them were lesser known guys fighting for the spotlight.

Last edited:
Kind of getting used to seeing those types of injuries as they weirdly became common in soccer in recent years. Doesn't stop it being nasty looking though but a few months down the line and I'm sure he'll be back. Hopefully surgery goes ok for him and he can heal up.

Kind of getting used to seeing those types of injuries as they weirdly became common in soccer in recent years. Doesn't stop it being nasty looking though but a few months down the line and I'm sure he'll be back. Hopefully surgery goes ok for him and he can heal up.

Are they pretty routine in soccer? Makes sense I suppose. The odd part is that, from my understanding, MMA has the lowest catastrophic injury rate of any major sport. But those two on that night were just brutal.

Are they pretty routine in soccer? Makes sense I suppose. The odd part is that, from my understanding, MMA has the lowest catastrophic injury rate of any major sport. But those two on that night were just brutal.

They're not as common as to label these types of breaks as routine but they have flared up alot in recent years. One guy (Djibril Cisse) has had really bad compound fractures on both legs, if you google him and look in the images they'll come up. Then theres Eduardo for Arsenal, again if you google you will see a really bad one where the bone is sticking right out. The TV people wouldn't even show the replay. Like I say in recent seasons it's been like a weird phase. A few years back these injuries would shock you but now it's like, oh yeah such and such done that, or he did that.

I think with MMA the refs are really on their game and most fighters have enough sense to tap before a hold becomes a bad injury don't they really, well, apart from that guy in the armbar :D It's violent but in a very controlled manner and anything severe is taken care of instantly.

I think with MMA the refs are really on their game and most fighters have enough sense to tap before a hold becomes a bad injury don't they really, well, apart from that guy in the armbar :D It's violent but in a very controlled manner and anything severe is taken care of instantly.

Right on. It's violent, but the guys for most part are great sportsmen. And I understand really trying to fight through the pain to break a submission, but an armbar that tight... take the loss and save a few months of injury time and possibly your career.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back