PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Corey Dillon

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Does anyone think he takes himself out of the game after a few runs or does the coaching staff call him out. ? Seems like taps the helmet and takes himself out of the game quite a bit ?
Now i like dillon a lot and i not starting any conspiracy theory in the wake of loss but wanted to check if someone else observed this.

When he's in Dillon is a monster. He's probably the most consistent part of our offense when he runs the ball. I definitely don't get the sense that he doesn't want to be on the field.

SVN said:
Does anyone think he takes himself out of the game after a few runs or does the coaching staff call him out. ? Seems like taps the helmet and takes himself out of the game quite a bit ?
Now i like dillon a lot and i not starting any conspiracy theory in the wake of loss but wanted to check if someone else observed this.

I think the coaches take him out. That, I guess is his problem. I have no idea was we are not winning more. This team has a great running game - with Cory - and they are not using it correctly. Christ, I am turning into NEM!

I have to agree they are pulling him off the field with the whole 2 equal back scenario.In bad weather corry is a monster and he needs to be out their more to get into rhythm.
I am not sold on the 2 good back system as of now.

mosi said:
I think the coaches take him out. That, I guess is his problem. I have no idea was we are not winning more. This team has a great running game - with Cory - and they are not using it correctly. Christ, I am turning into NEM!

He takes himself out. The problem is thereafter he often remains out. I assumed it was continuing problems as a result of the stinger he suffered weeks ago, but it's becoming almost routine. He was MIA for much of the second half last week, and apparently this week as well. We aren't calling those pass plays for no reason. We're calling them because Dillon isn't available to power run much of the time, they finally realize Laurence can't do it and don't have a real plan for utilizing his speed, so the default becomes putting the ball in the air.

Odd thing is Corey never appears on the injury report, so his QB and OC take it on the chin for not using him more - when sometimes (like last week according to Tim Fox) he isn't even on the sidelines in the 4th quarter.

It appears when they call a running play they do it without regard to availability of personnel. BB said something to that effect a few weeks ago on WEEI when a caller asked if we had different blocking schemes for Dillon and Maroney. Obviously the caller was pointing to their very different running styles. BB's answer then was no, we do not. We expect each of the RB's to be able to run all of the plays in the game plan. I thought then well, it appears we expect more than those players appear to the uneducated just a fans eye to be capable of delivering. And that didn't seem like a very smart approach to winning football games to me. Still doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes