PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Corey Dillon receptive to coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote we table the idea until we see how soon Morris comes back.

In a worst-case scenario for Morris, I can see a conversation in which it's explained to Dillon that his role would NOT be the same as it was last time he was on the team, and he is asked whether he's OK with that.

He's evidently not an above-average character person, as Pats players go, but I think he's enough of a stand-up guy to answer that question straight and then stick by his answer.

Hate to break this to ya regarding Sammy Morris, Fencer, but he got placed on IR this evening - - hence this thread.

Maroney is improving more and more, and with the new OL run blocking, it's more effective to Maroney style.
Then they have Morris, a bruiser type to change the look from the D. Now that Morris is on the IR. We might need a bruiser, one that just pound and pound. Dillon did that well, and maybe the answer to a backup.

Of course all things consider on his shape and cap issues along with his bad attitudes?

Anyway, I just can't see Eckel running plays along with the recent injury that Maroney sustain.

Corey Dillon has almost the exact same level of speed as Robert Kraft. However, I would not even question the assumption that Dillon runs a lot stronger than Kraft.

O. M. G.

Can you imagine a fresh Corey Dillon operating in this offense?

Corey, meet Randy. Randy, Corey.

And the rich get richer.

:singing: :singing: :singing:

CD would be awesome here assuming that all this time away from football has made him totally motivated again to play the game. Last year he seemed to be playing the disrespect card quite a bit meaning he was trying to prove the doubters who said he had lost his speed and effectiveness, wrong. I'd like to see the Dillon who just loved playing football back. If that's his mindset, and he really wants to play for a superbowl contender, then New England would really be the only logical place for him to land.

He would be worth it for the goal line carries alone. He could not be denied, even in the end. I would think that 8 months of rest would mean he would be pretty good to go. I am all for it.
Damn, got me all excited!:rocker:

Lets assume Dillon is coming back, wouldn't he have a gripe being a backup?

Well I don't take much stock in anything that the media writes since so much of it isn't even remotely true....BUT if this is true from SI truth and rumors I say no way. I had to search for it as I remember reading it when it came out...IF true it appears that Dillon WAS upset with how much he touched the ball and called out BB on the flight home from the MINN game. Remember he then did not fly home with the team from the AFCC. I think he burned his bridges personally. IF and again I say IF this is true I would not want him on the team.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/24852

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye