PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Corey Dillon receptive to coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets assume Dillon is coming back, wouldn't he have a gripe being a backup?

We need to make this happen! Just DO IT!!!

:rocker:

can we get Tiki? I mean he retired at his prime...

Did you notice that the Giants are a better team without him, even though he was a beast on the field?

Did you notice that the Giants are a better team without him, even though he was a beast on the field?

No they arent. the giants always starts well every year with or without Tiki and fade to the end.

Thank goodness for the bye week coming up. that'll buy some time.

Is Corey Dillon really in shape? Last season Corey was good for a long run and then would disappear for the rest of the quarter. Dillon pretty much disappeared in the second half of the 2006 AFC Championship Game.

With the alternative being Eckel, yes, I would love to see Corey come back, in whatever shape and in whatever capacity.

We have a need, and he could easily fit that need. I question him being in game shape, but he could get there in a couple of weeks.

Corey Dillon would be fine as a short-yardage guy and an occasional - OCCASIONAL - spell for LoMar. He was good at the goal line stuff the last two years, but otherwise pretty slow, out of shape and junk-ish.

Bring 2 8 back. I still got the jersey. Despite being 'slow' he still found the holes and had good runs. Dillon finds holes in the line and if there aren't any he makes one.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind seeing Patrick Pass back.

I'd just rather have someone with the ability to do more things then Dillon, who isn't much faster or agile than an offensive lineman at RB now.

With the alternative being Eckel, yes, I would love to see Corey come back, in whatever shape and in whatever capacity.

Yeah, I haven't been impressed with Erckel's speed.

:cool3:

At first I thought this was a rumor started by NFL.com to unload all of those Corey Dillon jerseys for $35 each but it looks like it could be true.

i think this wont happen...for the first part of season BB kept maroney in check...now its time to unleash him and see wut he can do...

throughout the whole year maroney has been sharing serious carries with morris, time to change that....its about time he becomes are number 1 back...let him run i say

he should be able to handle it now

I agree. After all, the choice is Eckel.

Corey Dillon would be fine as a short-yardage guy and an occasional - OCCASIONAL - spell for LoMar. He was good at the goal line stuff the last two years, but otherwise pretty slow, out of shape and junk-ish.

Nope. Tiki even if he wanted to play for the Pats is still under
N.Y. Giants control.

There are a couple of problems with Corey that extend beyond stamina and speed, neither of which he has any more.

While he mentored Maroney I wouldn't doubt that given Corey's somewhat prideful ego even as he stumbled through 2 of his 3 seasons here, they wouldn't necessarily want the kid RB reunited with the mentor.

Now, injuries going forward could change that. But I also think anyone who believes Corey would strap 'em on again for short money is just kidding themselves. The financial reward would have to outweigh the risk and represent sufficient motivation. I doubt that # is much less than $2M. They cut him rather than pay him $5.5M in salary and option bonus for a whole year. And either they didn't want him at salary alone ($2.5M) or he wasn't willing to defer that $3M bonus again to play for that.

I just think the way this passing offense is unfolding, that money would be better spent by rolling it into 2008 to cover retaining one or both of Moss and Stallworth.

I vote we table the idea until we see how soon Morris comes back.

In a worst-case scenario for Morris, I can see a conversation in which it's explained to Dillon that his role would NOT be the same as it was last time he was on the team, and he is asked whether he's OK with that.

He's evidently not an above-average character person, as Pats players go, but I think he's enough of a stand-up guy to answer that question straight and then stick by his answer.

Last edited:
There are a couple of problems with Corey that extend beyond stamina and speed, neither of which he has any more.

While he mentored Maroney I wouldn't doubt that given Corey's somewhat prideful ego even as he stumbled through 2 of his 3 seasons here, they wouldn't necessarily want the kid RB reunited with the mentor.

Now, injuries going forward could change that. But I also think anyone who believes Corey would strap 'em on again for short money is just kidding themselves. The financial reward would have to outweigh the risk and represent sufficient motivation. I doubt that # is much less than $2M. They cut him rather than pay him $5.5M in salary and option bonus for a whole year. And either they didn't want him at salary alone ($2.5M) or he wasn't willing to defer that $3M bonus again to play for that.

I just think the way this passing offense is unfolding, that money would be better spent by rolling it into 2008 to cover retaining one or both of Moss and Stallworth.

Well he has a chance of making the history books if the Pats
go 19-0 and another SB ring isn't bad either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back