PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Corey Bradford released

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyManny

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
According to the Globe, the Lions released Corey Bradford.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=1541

Even though I think the wideouts are fine and are going to be great, this guy could help out depth. He's a pretty consistent guy, 30-40 catches, 500-600 yards.

Any interest?

Last edited:
I am of the mindset that Gabriel and Jackson need some time before we panic too much, but I'd take a look at Bradford in a heartbeat.

patsox23 said:
I am of the mindset that Gabriel and Jackson need some time before we panic too much, but I'd take a look at Bradford in a heartbeat.

It might be nice if Chad "Klemm" Jackson could/would get out on the field.

aabtec said:
It might be nice if Chad "Klemm" Jackson could/would get out on the field.

Again - I'm not too worried at all about Chad Jackson. He's going to be nasty, but we might as well take our time with him and not rush him. Which is why I think Corey Bradford might fit - as both a stopgap and as a help to our depth. He's not going to be your #1 or anything, but I think he could come in and be a solid Patten type in the interim.

another medicore receiver who doesn't know the offense is just what we need.

The only way the Patriots would be interested is if he would play for

the veteran's minimum. They're more interested in Jonathan Smith type

players.

Keegs said:
another medicore receiver who doesn't know the offense is just what we need.

He's better than mediocre, and I'm not sure I buy into this idea that the Patriots offense is as tough as rocket science.

Bradford's stats (only played 2 games in 00):

REC YDS AVG TD

99: 37 637 17.2 5
01: 31 526 17.0 2
02: 45 697 15.5 6
03: 24 460 19.2 4
04: 27 399 14.8 3
05: 34 436 12.8 5

Like I said, he's not a superstar, but I've always liked this guy, and 30-40 catches, 5 TDs and about 500 yards guaranteed isn't bad. Compare these to Patten's first 4 years before coming to us and Bradford's are much much better in every category.

Last edited:
Man these discussions wouldnt be needed if BB and the pats would just give us some reason why Chad is not on the field. Its so frustrating hearing that he has practiced and then is a complete no show game day. This is one of the rare times BB's lack of info bothers me.

BradyManny2344 said:
He's better than mediocre, and I'm not sure I buy into this idea that the Patriots offense is as tough as rocket science.

Bradford's stats (only played 2 games in 00):

REC YDS AVG TD

Like I said, he's not a superstar, but I've always liked this guy, and 30-40 catches, 5 TDs and about 500 yards guaranteed isn't bad. Compare these to Patten's first 4 years before coming to us and Bradford's are much much better in every category.

On top of that, he did it in Det. Thats's a man who has paid his dues.

desi-patsfan said:
Man these discussions wouldnt be needed if BB and the pats would just give us some reason why Chad is not on the field. Its so frustrating hearing that he has practiced and then is a complete no show game day. This is one of the rare times BB's lack of info bothers me.

Hamstring injuries take a boatload of time. I had a friend who ran track in college, pulled a hammy, he still has to take precautions not to re-injury to this day, a few years later.

desi-patsfan said:
On top of that, he did it in Det. Thats's a man who has paid his dues.

Not all of his seasons were in Detroit... he did play for other teams as well...

I definitly think we have issues at WR at this point, and bringing in a solid veteran couldn't hurt. We've got the cap space, and at the least maybe he can do some kickoff returns, best case scenario, we find another David Patten

Why was he released?

zippo59 said:
Why was he released?

The Globe seemed to intimate that Detroit is depleted at LB and did this out of desperation to sign some LB. I forget who and if that is the right position - but I don't think it's a stretch to think Detroit made a stupid, rash decision out of desperation.

BradyManny2344 said:
...but I don't think it's a stretch to think Detroit made a stupid, rash decision out of desperation.

Isn't this Matt Millen's mantra?

BBelichicken said:
I definitly think we have issues at WR at this point, and bringing in a solid veteran couldn't hurt. We've got the cap space, and at the least maybe he can do some kickoff returns, best case scenario, we find another David Patten

Corey Bradford does not return kicks, but neither does Jonathan Smith, apparantly. Tell us ignorant wretches again, coach, why Mr. Smith is on this roster?

REC YDS AVG TD

....seems pretty mediocre to me..

cloud34 said:
REC YDS AVG TD

....seems pretty mediocre to me..

Better than Smith.

And it's not like we don't have the extra capspace to cut Smith and sign Bradford on the cheap. Unless he's hurt.

BradyManny2344 said:
According to the Globe, the Lions released Corey Bradford.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=1541

Even though I think the wideouts are fine and are going to be great, this guy could help out depth. He's a pretty consistent guy, 30-40 catches, 500-600 yards.

Any interest?
PROBLEM: It takes time for receivers to get used to the Patriots schemes, and the new guys are still adjusting.

SOLUTION: Get a brand new guy in here so we can go backwards a month.

brady2brown said:
PROBLEM: It takes time for receivers to get used to the Patriots schemes, and the new guys are still adjusting.

SOLUTION: Get a brand new guy in here so we can go backwards a month.

It's not really going backwards if you're replacing your fifth wideout who has done absolutely nothing even when the offense was begging for Wideouts.

No one is suggesting getting Bradford in the place of Brown, Caldwell, Jackson, or Gabriel.

The suggestion is that Bradford would make a better 5th wide than J Smith. How is that untrue, even given the learning curve?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing