PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cordarrelle Patterson benched

I didn't say they were first rounders.

Patterson was, which makes the guys you listed bad comps, since a few of them were late third rounders.

In any case, you called them high draft picks. I'm not aware of any reasonable definition by which a guy picked 83rd and a guy picked 90th would be considered high picks.

Patterson was, which makes a handful of 2nd-3rd round picks bad comps.

In any case, you called them high draft picks. I'm not aware of any reasonable definition by which a guy picked 83rd and a guy picked 90th would be considered high picks.
Sure, whatever. Patterson was the 29th pick Chad Jax was 36th, Bethel Johnson 45th. Not comparable either, right? Because it can only be a 1st rounder, right? A differnce of 7 picks - but not comparable. I really don't care enough about the subject to continue arguing as to what you find is an acceptable comparison. Just making an observation.

Honestly there was only one WR worth drafting that high up last year and it was DeAndre Hopkins. I know i'm gonna get Keenan Allen posts but there were questions about him and that was backed up by the fact that basically every team passed on him at least twice and some passed on him three times.

But the only way the Pats were going to get him is if they traded up and the only likely trade partner was Green Bay and they were obviously set on taking Datone Jones.

It was clear the Pats had some interest as they interviewed him at the combine and privately worked him out.

Big time fantasy football bust for me this year. I wonder if he's become a headcase?

What is with the phrase "become a headcase"?

He was and always has been a thug and grossly stupid athlete. Turning in his Wonderlic score, you have to wonder if he is literate enough to read his Playbook. If he can, can he understand it? Likely NOT..

Is it any wonder that Belichick jumped at the chance to trade his "Corderell" pick for several significant player picks? Like taking candy from the Viking baby.

"It was clear the Pats had some interest as they interviewed him at the combine and privately worked him out."

If we liked him that much, we would have traded up and gotten him. Like we did Chandler and Hightower.

What is with the phrase "become a headcase"?

He was and always has been a thug and grossly stupid athlete. Turning in his Wonderlic score, you have to wonder if he is literate enough to read his Playbook. If he can, can he understand it? Likely NOT..

Is it any wonder that Belichick jumped at the chance to trade his "Corderell" pick for several significant player picks? Like taking candy from the Viking baby.
I've seen nothing from him that would indicate he's a thug. Stupid yes but thug no. Perhaps you mean something different when you say "thug":eek:?

Tory Smith is a FA this upcoming off season....i wouldn't mind him in a pats uniform. But i think Balt gets him back

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back