PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cooper returns to practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't make the club if ya sittin' in the tub.

Good, I'd like to see what Cooper can do. Has a lot of potential for sure. Lets see.

RT by Rapoport:

Definitely good news. Means he's at least making progress to play for us this year.

Wish I could like this 100x. Happy to have Cooper back. Maybe him and Cannon can be maulers on the right side, with a pretty good left side (Solder and Thuney).

I remember last year just before the draft the local radio guys were talking to Mason and he said then that most teams projected him to be a center. I'm guessing that his busted hand would preclude that move at this moment, but I wouldn't count it out in the future.

Cooper has to show (a lot) to make this team, the Pats might cut him and hope that someone will puck him up and reduce the amount of money they owe him on that guaranteed contract.

I remember last year just before the draft the local radio guys were talking to Mason and he said then that most teams projected him to be a center. I'm guessing that his busted hand would preclude that move at this moment, but I wouldn't count it out in the future.

Cooper has to show (a lot) to make this team, the Pats might cut him and hope that someone will puck him up and reduce the amount of money they owe him on that guaranteed contract.
All he has to show is that he is one of the 9 best OL on the team. That's is not showing a lot. In fact it's really just showing his injury is healing.

All he has to show is that he is one of the 9 best OL on the team. That's is not showing a lot. In fact it's really just showing his injury is healing.

It was only TC, but wasn't he the "first string" RG back in earl;y practices?

I think he's pretty safe and will potentially play quite a few snaps for us this season, health permitting. We could possibly see Solder-Thuney-Andrews-Cooper-Canon and when Mason gets healthy he'll probably back up and battle for all 3 interior spots, no way his athleticism isn't given a shot, he can be a nasty IOL.

Cooper was supposed to be an instant perennial pro Bowler at Guard. I think Scar can get him there. He would have to really really suck for us to cut him because we have nothing to gain by doing so cap wise.

Really good news here. An O-line of Solder, Thuney, Andrews, Cooper and Cannon isn't sounding so bad now. ;)

I thought i'd never be saying this but Cannon has played pretty well so far this spring. I'm cautiously optimistic, however I still do not want to see a right side of the line consisting of Cannon and Kline if I don't have to.

Really good news here. An O-line of Solder, Thuney, Andrews, Cooper and Cannon isn't sounding so bad now. ;)

I thought i'd never be saying this but Cannon has played pretty well so far this spring. I'm cautiously optimistic, however I still do not want to see a right side of the line consisting of Cannon and Kline if I don't have to.

I agree.

Having Kline (LG/RG/C) and Mason (RG/LG) isn't bad at all.

However I don't feel as good about Fleming and Waddle backing up LT/RT.

Will be interesting to see what they do with Jackson and Vollmer.

Hopefully Karras makes it to the PS.

At least one of them has to be living on borrowed time, right?

If not both.

We know what Fleming is which isn't much and Waddle has 1 quarter of just-OK play vs NYJ to go on although hes been decent in preseason.

I gotta think they'll be upgrading this position- especially if Vollmer is going on IR or PUP.

At least one of them has to be living on borrowed time, right?

Fleming is still PS eligible. I think Waddle has outplayed him this spring. In a pinch, Thuney could probably kick out to tackle.

Fleming is still PS eligible. I think Waddle has outplayed him this spring. In a pinch, Thuney could probably kick out to tackle.

Thats a lot to ask of the kid.

Thats a lot to ask of the kid.

He played LT in 2013 in college. He's so polished, I have to believe that he could do it if necessary (I mean, even Bryan Stork handled it okay). I'm talking about a 1-game thing, if someone got hurt during the game.

I actually like Waddle a lot as a back-up. When he's out there, you don't hear his name much, which is a good thing. I doubt they'll be able to upgrade via cuts. Maybe a trade?

He played LT in 2013 in college. He's so polished, I have to believe that he could do it if necessary (I mean, even Bryan Stork handled it okay). I'm talking about a 1-game thing, if someone got hurt during the game.

Oh yea. I know he played T in college. My concern is that he has played nothing but LG here and to kick him out in an emergency w/o practice at the pro level scares the hell out of me.

With that said I do think he could be functional for a quarter or maybe a game. He needs practice time though.

Stork was in his 2nd year so he had some practice time there I'm sure.

I actually like Waddle a lot as a back-up. When he's out there, you don't hear his name much, which is a good thing. I doubt they'll be able to upgrade via cuts. Maybe a trade?

Waddle did ok in the qtr he was healthy. He also played ok in DET. I just don't think hes special. At a minimum they need to upgrade Fleming. My god.

I think Cooper makes the team. I think if they wanted rid, they could have done it in the last few weeks. I just can't see them bringing him back to training for a few days, and then cutting him.

The fact is, Scar will likely want a chance to work with someone with such a high upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back