PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coolest Pat: Kevin Faulk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patjew

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a lame post/question, but something I've noticed and have thought about.

Whenever I see Kevin Faulk tackled, or involved in a play, he's always slapping the defender(s) on the helmet and seems totally agreeable to everyone. He just seems like a nice guy and good spor, in general, albeit extremely competitive. I've never seen him scrapping with anyone, but at the same time he's no ****. Because of that, I've always thought of him as the "coolest" Pat. You know, the guy you'd like to be involved in a pick up game with you (playing for either team), and then go have beers with.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this, or if someone has conflicting thoughts.

troy brown, curtis martin. we've had a few players that i thought were good all around guys. faulks on the list for sure.

Here's a lame post/question, but something I've noticed and have thought about.

Whenever I see Kevin Faulk tackled, or involved in a play, he's always slapping the defender(s) on the helmet and seems totally agreeable to everyone. He just seems like a nice guy and good spor, in general, albeit extremely competitive. I've never seen him scrapping with anyone, but at the same time he's no ****. Because of that, I've always thought of him as the "coolest" Pat. You know, the guy you'd like to be involved in a pick up game with you (playing for either team), and then go have beers with.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this, or if someone has conflicting thoughts.

I noticed. It's because he's small, and doesn't want to tick anybody off. :)

Resurrecting one of my lamest threads ever (and thats saying something).

I miss KFF already.

I can see the headlines in the NE papers tomorrow

LOSING KEVIN FAULKING SUCKS!!!

it is because he is high all the time.

You know why Faulk is so cool?
n4001%20Drugs%20USA%20Man%20smoking%20marijuana%20joint%20Reggae%20on%20the%20River%20Northern%20California.jpg

yes that is Kevin at a Lil wayne concert:D

Faulk is cool,no doubt,and has maintained a surprising high level of play over 10-11 yrs....looks like he's done for this year,too bad.

Anybody ever gone to his charity softball tournament? That would be a clue -- did the gladhanding seem to come naturally to him?

(Example of the opposite: Seeing Rajon Rondo do promotions is painful -- it's a good thing that is lead product is a caffeinated drink meant to help you be high-strung.)

Faulk does seems like a chill guy.

I can picture him and his buddies hanging around the crib, listening to Cypress Hill, the movie Friday playing on the TV, and him and his buddies discussing if we are alone in the universe.

Faulk does seems like a chill guy.

I can picture him and his buddies hanging around the crib, listening to Cypress Hill, the movie Friday playing on the TV, and him and his buddies discussing if we are alone in the universe.

lol....:rocker:

KFF will be the first inductee into the Patriots Hall of Cool! :)

KFaulk was always unassuming, never trying to cast a spotlight on his self. He always wanted to do what was best for the team. He is the ultimate Patriot.

I met him in the airport a couple years ago, nice guy. Not to Pat myself on the back but he was standing amongst approximately 75 people at the baggage claim and nobody recognized him but me. My son who was wearing his Patriots at the time was with me. We went up and asked for an autograph to which he was very obliging. And in true KFaulk unassuming style, he asked to do it off to the side as to not to draw attention to himself.

Get well Kevin. Hope to see you back next year.

Whenever I see Kevin Faulk tackled, or involved in a play, he's always slapping the defender on the helmet and seems totally agreeable to everyone. He just seems like a nice guy and good spor, in general, albeit extremely competitive. I've never seen him scrapping with anyone, but at the same time he's no ****. Because of that, I've always thought of him as the "coolest" Pat. You know, the guy you'd like to be involved in a pick up game with you (playing for either team), and then go have beers or share a spliff.

Added the bolded part because, well, I like the bolded part, too.

If I believed in god, I would be praying to him now to allow Faulk's injury to be only a partial tear that could heal in 6-8 weeks, so he could be ready for the POs.

Added the bolded part because, well, I like the bolded part, too.

If I believed in god, I would be praying to him now to allow Faulk's injury to be only a partial tear that could heal in 6-8 weeks, so he could be ready for the POs.

I'm with you all the way on this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye