Welcome to PatsFans.com

Cooler heads begin to prevail

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by sdaniels7114, Oct 3, 2011.

1. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Looks like Cinderella's turning back into a pumpkin. Heck I'll admit it, up 'till she gave that speech last week I hadn't even heard of her.

To be up against the vaunted Saint Scott with 1/3 of registered voters never having heard of her yet still be just about tied...

I think this is the first sign that the teabaggery in this nation is coming to an end; but I can acknowledge that it could merely be that Brown's been figured out as the ultimate finger in the wind flip flopper. I can't believe some bought the pickup truck/barncoat BS as long as they did.
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -10

Keep believing Warren will beat Scott Brown....:rolleyes:
  3. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Yeah, what am I thinking? That editorial staff at the Murdoch-owned Herald is the biggest bunch of wine drinking communists this side of Cuba.

<1 month in, only 2/3'rds of the voters having heard of her and she's leading in the polls according to this guy.

Be glad its against the rules to put someone else's words in your signature.
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  4. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -7

The most recent poll in the race has Warren ahead.
  5. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Let me see if I understand you. A ****sucker democrat and a republican (who is hardly a leading member of the tea party movement) are polling evenly in an election still about a year away in Massachusetts.
    Hey if you want to talk about the stupid things that voters will believe, there was a guy who ran for high office a couple years ago. He had something like 2 years of political experience on the national stage, absolutely no accomplishments to speak of whatsoever, and no campaign platform other than empty promises of "hope" and "change."

Believe it or not, that guy won. I mean are voters stupid or what?
  7. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -7

Sorry, I was wrong. The UMass survey is more current by a few days than the PPP poll, though I'd venture the PPP poll is more reliable.

Moreover, the UMass survey has Brown losing to Patrick or Joe Kennedy, so you can bet when Warren starts campaigning she'll find herself in a similar position.
  8. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I can see you bought the barncoat.

Say goodbye to your little flip floppin' friend there Wolfie. His career in the Senate won't last as long as your average user account.
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +287 / 4 / -2

I saw her comments on Youtube, and I think my vote was settled right then and there.

Elizabeth Warren on Debt Crisis, Fair Taxation - YouTube

Apparently Mrs Warren doesn't know that businesses actually pay taxes too. Clearly this women has never owned or operated a business. That's definately the type of person we want in government during the horrible economy, when businesses are already wary of the current zero experience regime. :rolleyes: Of course, when you're talking Massachusetts politics, people like this actually have a chance.
  10. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm a little confused. You use a vulgar term such as "teabaggery" to describe a group of people. So certainly you don't consider that to be a part of mature and civilized discourse, do you? :confused: Why is one term ok but the other not? :confused:
    I wouldn't be so sure. I seem to remember Martha Coakley having a pretty decent sized lead before the actual campaigning begun. I just saw a poll recently that said Herman Cain was in a dead heat with Obama. Does that mean Cain is our next president?
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +326 / 1 / -9

When it is reported in the media that A POLL shows a dirty uncaring republican close to Obama we are told that Polls are full of sh!t.

Are polls only to be believed when they favor the Left Wing Loon.

:bricks:
    "poll shows allah beating jesus in liberal loonville"
  12. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -7

Her comments were spot on, and if she keeps talking like that she'll be a shoo-in.
  13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +287 / 4 / -2

Spot on? Coming from you I wouldn't expect anything different I guess. Apparently the $160,000 just one of our properties paid in commercial real estate taxes to the city, weren't real. :rolleyes:

I'd say I'm sometimes amazed by the ignorance of some, but considering the condition this country currently finds itself in, how could I be?
  14. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

wtf are you talking about? I cut out the tired, repetitive crap to save others from having to read it.

So lets see, Coakley, the established candidate with all the money, was way ahead at the beginning of the race and ended up losing. Now, the established incumbent with all the money(Brown) is statistically tied with the unknown 10 seconds after the unknown enters the race and you think this points to a Brown victory:confused:

Sure all he has to do is hope Romney's plane crashes on Perry's bus and that somehow the conflagration takes out Bachman, Paul and Gingrich. At that point its worth taking a look at how he fares against Obama. For now that sort of poll is a beauty contest.
  15. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm talking about the very first post in this thread where you wrote "I think this is the first sign that the teabaggery in this nation is coming to an end". I thought that was pretty obvious.
    If you want to look at this as "established versus non-established", then you may have a point. But in a state such a Massachusetts which is quite a democratic stronghold, I think it makes more sense to look at it in terms of party affiliation. There is a very large section of the electorate that will support ANY candidate (whether they have heard of her or not) with that all important D after their name. So while I think poll results this far out are silly, I do consider it a victory that the republican is so much more well situated now than he was at the same point in time last go round.
    That actually was kind of funny. :D
  16. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -10

something only a child would want to do anyway.
    grow up...
  17. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -7

Considering your prescription to the current mess is to simply cut spending, you'll have to forgive me if I don't put much stock in your opinion on...well, anything :rolleyes:

You seem fixated on taxes paid by businesses. Why? Do you even know what she was talking about?
  18. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -10

Some democrats actually consider the affects of raising taxes upon the economy. They actually are able to see that our economic condition is more important than our ability to fund social programs ad infinitum. (see Greece)

While other democrats (like Jack?) see the only goal is getting corporations and our wealthy to "PAY MORE TAXES". Beneath all their bs, that's all they're really looking for.

Economy comes first and then we can figure out funding...

As I've stated many times, Pragmatism is much more practical/useful for politicians than compassion. Sure, we'd all like some gravy (early retirement, health care for life, free college, etc.) but is is practical?

Maybe Jack is one of those who think we should ALL be taxed a minimum of 50% of our earnings. Hopefully I'm wrong on that one...
  19. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -10

Jackie-Boy...just an fyi...many here see Real World as far more intelligent & knowledgeable than you.

Not that it's actually possible for any of us to know the extent of that sort of thing on the internet. So stop rolling your eyes and consider the possiblities.
  20. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -7

Don't presume to tell me what my "goal" is or what I stand for. Thanks!