Welcome to PatsFans.com

Cool People And Marriage

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Who gives a sh1t, marriage was good while it lasted, the big weddings, the Vows, the commitment, the happy times, building a life, paying bills, raising the kids, Mommy & Daddy, the little ranch house, the dog, mowing the lawn and all the Saturday night partys in the "Playroom down in the cellar" with the neighbors.

Then during the late sixties the lifestyle of the Hollywood wife swapping pigs took hold, the hell with getting married just shack up, this caught on real quick many of these "Cool People" had two or three kids before they finally married all the kids were at the wedding, then Disney started making movies showing all these "mommy's & daddy's" shacking up with different people, Daddy used to come pick the kids up every saturday and take them to the zoo while Mommy flopped around in the swimming pool with her new "live in lover boy".

Then another strange thing happens, daddy breaks the news one day after a trip to the zoo, he tells his "ex family" he is getting married again, to a guy named Henry, they all gush and fawn and slobber and tell Daddy to bring his new love to the next family cookout, daddy is happy, mommy jumps back in the pool with the new guy, the kids are so f-cked up now they don't the dog from the cat they have a mommy and two daddy's.

I think we have come to the point where we should just do away with marriage, nobody gives a sh1t about it anymore.

If you see someone that is attractive to you at a party or at a funeral just walk up to them and say, "wanna f-ck".

If it feels good, do it, don't let all that marriage sh1t screw your life up we don't want to go back to those horrible days of the Forties and Fifties, pump out the kids, let Hillary's Village raise them, that is the "Liberal Way".

Down With Marriage (Shack Up)

Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Blue Birds Fly.

Hollywood Is Winning :singing:
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

No way! If I hadn't met my wife, I'd be dead. No kidding. I don't even remenber my life before her and my girls (probably because I was drunk all weekend, doing whatever and whoever I wanted...oh, wait...never mind! :( )
    But I would be dead!
  3. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

You sound just like you lived my life, it was fun wasn't it, I even miss the hangovers, terrible ones. :rocker:
  4. Tyler Faith

Tyler Faith Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Climb out of your box (or your wife's box) for a minute and breathe. Chill. Be calm.

Why does allowing gay men and women the right to marriage mean that no one gives a sh1t about it anymore?

When we allowed slaves freedom, did that mean plantation owners didn't give a shi1t about maintaining their property and spoiling their rich white house guests?

When we allowed women to vote, did that mean we didn't care about "The Boys Club" and decided to ruin the electorial system cause no one cared about it anymore?

Yes, I know. It wasn't Adam and Adam, it was Adam and Eve. Yes, I know your religion, morals, upbringing, whatever says it's just wrong...but do you see it going away anytime in your lifetime? Sorry to break it to you, but not only is homosexuality not going away, it's becoming more and more open.

Just think back 5 years, 10 years and then look at today. It's almost trendy to be a f@g.

Agree with it or not, it's not going anywhere...so how does it affect you if they're allowed to get married? Okay, so it may not make sense to your religion but unfortunately, half of the behaviors the people in this world act out on a daily basis don't reflect the wishes of their religion either.

In my opinion, letting them have a legal union not doesn't affect me and doesn't minimize the importance of marriage to me. I'm getting married within the year in a church, in front of my family and I'm very excited about it.

It all boils down to people. If people are good, if they pay their taxes, if they act responsibly and obey the law...who cares? Who are we to say what sexuality one must be? Live you own life, be the best person you can be, teach your kids right and wrong and this modern day society will be vastly improved based on your positive influence.
  5. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

True enough.

Really, I fail to see the point of all the discussion. Homosexual couples are going to legally enjoy all the rights and priveleges of Married folks. So the hangup is the word "marry".

Whoop-de-fu@king-do. Who really gives a sh!t? In reality, anyone who didn't get hitched in a religious setting isn't "married" but enjoys a legal "civil union". If you feel that Bob and Joe, or Dawn and Heather, using the word "married" to describe their state-sponsored union lessens your "traditional" marriage, then I suggest that your marriage needs work. The fact that it's even discussed as an amendment is hysterical.

By the way Tyler, and this is none of my business, so feel free to ignore me, but given your business, your upcoming wedding, and the topic we're on, do you consider yourself bisexual, or is it just part of the business. I suppose it doesn't really apply to you personally, so you could answer in general for your industry, I suppose.
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

EXACTLY, YOUR RIGHT, THAT IS WHAT I SAID ONLY I WORDED IT DIFFERENTLY, MY POINT IS, WHO GIVES A SH1T WHO MARRY'S WHO I DON'T, MEN ON MEN WOMEN ON WOMEN GO FOR IT, GET MARRIED DO YOUR THING, INVITE THE NEIGHBORS OVER FOR AN ORGIE.
    They have been trying to do away with traditional marriage for years now and they are winning, good luck to them, if that is what the people want (do they) than so be it.

"WHO CARES" GO TO IT, marry anybody or anything you want, this is "Free America"

Up here in Maine these republican farmers have been f-cking sheep and cows for years "out behind the barn" now they can do it on the front lawn.
    Good Luck xxoo
  7. Tyler Faith

Tyler Faith Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I don't hide the fact that I have a bi-sexual side (but I'm very picky and prefer busty, blonde bombshells or I'm not interested). But I'm not marrying a woman. I'm marrying a man and as strange as it may be with my career, the rule of thumb is, it's me and him. We don't really "play around" now anyway. And aside from my job (which is slowing down--nearing the end of performing), we live our lives like most normal couples.

That's the point. No matter what you're comfortable with as a couple....man & woman, man & man, woman & woman...so long as you respect each other, true to each other and not breaking any laws, who is anyone else to say what's right and wrong for you?!
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

I am beginning to agree with that philosophy, I brought my children up to show respect and decency to other people and to be honest to themselves, when they left the nest they were on their own.

The old traditions and values of my generation are now becoming a thing of the past, soon we will all be gone, the "new ones" will take over I wish them well and hope they know what they are doing...Nothing is forever, someday their beliefs will also vanish, to be replaced with their "new ones" values.
    :rocker:
  9. Tyler Faith

Tyler Faith Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

In the 50s, TV shows weren't even allowed to show a toilet on camera. It was considered crude. Now Hollywood has dialogue scenes with people taking a dump while talking on TV. Times change. It's okay. Most of the time, it's a good thing. :)
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Hollywood won't be satisfied untill they can get the camera right up in there for a "close up"......:rocker: