PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cool (OLD) Patriots Ticket Stubs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphys95

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Thought y’all might like to see these! I stumbled across these long-lost ticket stubs this past weekend. Included in there is my very first game in 1978. (the Patriots led 23-0 at one point in that game! $%&!@!*!). I know there are many fans on this board who have been fans longer than me. Anyone else have any old Pats tickets stubs of their own?

For the record:

1978: Oilers 26 Patriots 23
1979: Patriots 56 Jets 3
1979: Patriots 50 Colts 21
1980: Patriots 34 Browns 17
1980: Falcons 37 Patriots 21
1980: Patriots 23 Broncos 14 (MNF)
1980: Patriots 34 Dolphins 0

stubs_sm.JPG

Thanks for that great stuff, Murph!

I remember "your first game" all too well. I was 13 and made my first (and last) sports bet with another kid in my Jr. High School . Oh man, I was sure the Pats were going to stop the Oilers that day. Watching on TV, I went from such a big high (I had already big plans for the $10) to trying to keep my composure in the second half. My dad became suspicious at my, ummmm, demeanor and I let slip my gamble. Let's just say that was a parental sermon worthy of William Jennings Bryan.

Later that year, my dad got my brother and me tickets to the AFC Playoff game against those same Oilers. Damn that Pastorini and Campbell did it to us again that day (btw, my first game). That game was completely different, though. The Oilers jumped out front and the Pats offered a little too late frenzied comeback.

Still, a great memory.

Last edited:
Murphys95 said:
I stumbled across these long-lost ticket stubs this past weekend.
stubs_sm.JPG
Right ! Who are you kidding. You have those stubs in a hermetically sealed display case LOL. I've seen the pictures from your website Murph. You know where all your Patriots memorabilia is right now. JK Very cool stuff. The first game I attended was the last game of the 85 season against Cinn. I'm sure others have that stub but I will see if I can find it. Nice prices on those tickets. You were lucky enough to see a rare victory against the Broncos.

Crowpointer said:
Right ! Who are you kidding. You have those stubs in a hermetically sealed display case LOL. I've seen the pictures from your website Murph. You know where all your Patriots memorabilia is right now. JK Very cool stuff. The first game I attended was the last game of the 85 season against Cinn. I'm sure others have that stub but I will see if I can find it. Nice prices on those tickets. You were lucky enough to see a rare victory against the Broncos.

Actually I do have a couple of tickets packed away nicely (somewhere) :D - I never even knew I had these until this past weekend. My folks are about to sell their house and are dumping a ton of stuff my way! These stubs were in an envelope.

The one thing I distinctly recall from that Monday Night game versus the Broncos was arriving at the stadium half-way through the first quarter. Route 1 North was a disaster - all 4 lanes at one point were heading North (which caused a huge logjam), what a mess!

shmessy said:
I remember "your first game" all too well. I was 13 and made my first (and last) sports bet with another kid in my Jr. High School . Oh man, I was sure the Pats were going to stop the Oilers that day. Watching on TV, I went from such a big high (I had already big plans for the $10) to trying to keep my composure in the second half. My dad became suspicious at my, ummmm, demeanor and I let slip my gamble. Let's just say that was a parental sermon worthy of William Jennings Bryan.

Later that year, my dad got my brother and me tickets to the AFC Playoff game against those same Oilers. Damn that Pastorini and Campbell did it to us again that day (btw, my first game). That game was completely different, though. The Oilers jumped out front and the Pats offered a little too late frenzied comeback.

Still, a great memory.

That's an awesome story! Both Oilers games sucked that year, but at least you went to an historic game - the only Pats playoff "home" loss. I remember I had tears streaming down my face after the Pats lost that first one. Years ago I traded videos with another poster on this board, he sent me the highlights from that Pats/Oilers game (and I sent him a copy of the Pats only win in 1990)

Cool photos...I remember when $12.00 was a lot of money to me. Now it won't even get you parking.

WOW, what a nice find... I think I use to sit in section 210 back in the mid-80's, i'll have to check with my bro...

Beleive it or not I went to the Bucky Dent Sox/Yank game! How I wish I saved that stub! The ticket was paperbag brown with red writing, nothing special to look at.... Not that I knew any better at the time....

Murphys95 said:
Thought y’all might like to see these! I stumbled across these long-lost ticket stubs this past weekend. Included in there is my very first game in 1978. (the Patriots led 23-0 at one point in that game! $%&!@!*!). I know there are many fans on this board who have been fans longer than me. Anyone else have any old Pats tickets stubs of their own?

For the record:

1978: Oilers 26 Patriots 23
1979: Patriots 56 Jets 3
1979: Patriots 50 Colts 21
1980: Patriots 34 Browns 17
1980: Falcons 37 Patriots 21
1980: Patriots 23 Broncos 14 (MNF)
1980: Patriots 34 Dolphins 0

stubs_sm.JPG
Nah, I always threw them away in disgust after witnessing another disheartening loss... ;) But yours are really cool! :rocker: :cool:

Last edited:
Wow. A ticket for a Patriots game for $10.

Man, i was sooooooo pissed about that Houston game, I remember it like it was yesterday, I believe Rob Carpenter tore us up. I was actually at that 56-3 massacre of the Jets. My parents and sister are Jets fans, lol. It was the craziest game ever, I don't think ANYTHING went wrong for the Pats that day. We actually stayed the weekend in Boston (came from NYC), we had a mini vacation. I remember us driving home after the game, pretty quiet. After I ordered the tickets, the Pats sent me that little newsletter every pre season (remember those ?) and after every draft for like 10 or 12 years.

wow...really cool...thks

i visited also yr website - i like it and i put it on my favourites now

i would like one day to come with you to BUF for the road game !

ps = i love the Buffalo 2005 tailgate photos !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back