PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Converted Fan!

I'm a former dolphins fan who became a pats fan because of danny woodhead

Other people can change teams and I'll wish them luck....I don't condone but I won't say anything about it. When someone changes teams every year that's ridiculous and they can't even be considered a fan.

I suppose I can see your point there. I guess someone who changes allegiance solely based on who is winning shouldn't really call themselves a fan of that team. To do so does seem somewhat disingenuous when they really are only a fan of winning. But I'm still not sure I understand the vitriol associated with how a person chooses to enjoy the game.

I suppose I can see your point there. I guess someone who changes allegiance solely based on who is winning shouldn't really call themselves a fan of that team. To do so does seem somewhat disingenuous when they really are only a fan of winning. But I'm still not sure I understand the vitriol associated with how a person chooses to enjoy the game.

It's simply my opinion. I just can't imagine switching teams, my teams are a part of me. Other people may not take it as serious or maybe for some reason they just lost love for their team. People should get a second chance at picking the right team for them I suppose.

LOL suspicious you would choose to root for the heat. I'm guessing you were a celtics fan before lebron and bosh went to miami?

I didn't start watching basketball until I was ten or eleven years old, living in Florida. I started rooting for the Heat. And thanks for letting me know that your reading comprehension sucks. Apparently, you CAN'T tell me aboout the days of Hardaway, Majerele, and Zo.

I would bet money that all these "converted" Dolphin "fans" are the same person just trying to prove that we have a bandwagon fan base. If not, then they should never be allowed to watch any major sports leagues again. You are not truly a fan of any Boston team unless you suffer pre-2004 Red Sox heartbreak.*

*Yankee fans can GTFO :D

Welcome to the board.

I myself was originally a Vikings fan until about age 18. At that point football vanished from my life for about 15 years. I was unable to get Vikings games because I was in college/living in Mass. Plus I was working like crazy and just didn't think on it. I guess previously I had never been that interested in football. When I stopped working so much and returned to the sport (wow, spare time!) the only player still around who had a name I knew was Randy Moss, now a NE Patriot. I live in Massachusetts now and I've married into a family of pats fans, so I have also converted. It was in the vows.

I think sometimes fans take team allegiances far too seriously which I find a little nerdy and judgmental (sorry! just my opinion). It is the holier-than-thou of recreation. I don't know where these fan rules come from nor can I understand this fan-o-meter which measures the quality of a fan. If players move team to team, coaches are free to move around, fans should have this freedom as well. At the end of the day, this is just a sport, a game, a pass-time, and something to enjoy. No one can tell you what to enjoy.

This sort of conversion is fine with me. You married into it and are now living in the state. It makes sense that YOU would convert to being a Pats fan. It makes no sense whatsoever to have been born and to have lived all of your life in Florida, grew up rooting for the Dolphins, and then becoming a convert to the Pats just because they're winning. It's even worse to actually admit that you'll be jumping off the bandwagon (hopefully head first) once Brady and Belichick are gone.

I'm beginning to think that this is a joke by some fat Jets fan residing in his mother's basement with too much time on his hands.

I'm a Heat fan too. I have the luxury of being born in Boston and raised in South Florida. Pats, Sox, and Heat for the major professional sports. The great thing about being a fan of all of those teams was that I was around and rooting for them just as hard in the lay years. What did that do? Gave me more enjoyment when those teams did finally win a championship in my lifetime. I bet you don't even remember Tim Hardaway, Dan Majerle, and Zo battling the Knicks back in the 90's. What a pathetic excuse for a "fan" you are. I'd ban you myself if I were an admin. There's no room for "fans" like you.

Same situation for me. I was born in Boston and for the most part raised in South Florida. I'm a Pats, Sox, Celtics, and Bruins fan but I picked up The U along the way.

The traitor who started this thread was never a Dolphins fan and is not a Patriots fan. How pathetic must someone be to start a thread about doing that, let alone just do it at all....

This sort of conversion is fine with me. You married into it and are now living in the state. It makes sense that YOU would convert to being a Pats fan. It makes no sense whatsoever to have been born and to have lived all of your life in Florida, grew up rooting for the Dolphins, and then becoming a convert to the Pats just because they're winning. It's even worse to actually admit that you'll be jumping off the bandwagon (hopefully head first) once Brady and Belichick are gone.

I'm beginning to think that this is a joke by some fat Jets fan residing in his mother's basement with too much time on his hands.

If the TC is being honest....you're 100 right. If the thread was started by some idiot trying to cause trouble, you're also right.

you've made the right choice. i was a former dolphins fan but now decided to root for a classy winning organization. i'll be a die hard pats fan until brady and bellichick leave/retire.

So you admit you're just as pathetic as the TC? Like, seriously, are you F-ing kidding me? You are a gdamn bandwagon jumper and you're admitting it, how can you not understand how sad that is? If you ever get in a car accident, tell the doc you don't need an spinal xray, because you have no backbone.

Last edited:
don't hate on that guy you clown. there's no point in rooting for losing organizations so it's ok to jump ship every now and then. you were probably a giants fan during the 07 run.

Last edited:
dont know why my post was deleted, but yeah, pats fans take their football seriously dude. they are blue collar, passionate and like chowder.

Yes, I think you may be right. I can't imagine anyone actually changing teams every year for any reason. I suppose stranger things have happened but given occam's razor...

dont know why my post was deleted, but yeah, pats fans take their football seriously dude. they are blue collar, passionate and like chowder.

So much research went into that post, it'll take me a while to process all those facts. I can't imagine why a post of yours could ever be deleted. Must be those internet gnomes that are always after you, right?

So much research went into that post, it'll take me a while to process all those facts. I can't imagine why a post of yours could ever be deleted. Must be those internet gnomes that are always after you, right?

It was a compliment too you guys dude.

Welcome to the board.

I myself was originally a Vikings fan until about age 18. At that point football vanished from my life for about 15 years. I was unable to get Vikings games because I was in college/living in Mass.

Born and raised in Minnesota...still follow the Vikings, although the organization certainly makes it hard sometimes. However, I moved to Mass after I got married and indeed, not as easy to find Viking games.

I think sometimes fans take team allegiances far too seriously which I find a little nerdy and judgmental (sorry! just my opinion). It is the holier-than-thou of recreation. I don't know where these fan rules come from nor can I understand this fan-o-meter which measures the quality of a fan. If players move team to team, coaches are free to move around, fans should have this freedom as well. At the end of the day, this is just a sport, a game, a pass-time, and something to enjoy. No one can tell you what to enjoy.

/thread

Well it was a fun week of being a patriots fan but I'm out. I hope there's some room on the jets or steelers bandwagon.

Well it was a fun week of being a patriots fan but I'm out. I hope there's some room on the jets or steelers bandwagon.

Please dive out of our bandwagon head first. Thanks.

Last edited:

Thanks for dropping by. See you on the bandwagon about this time next year.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back