PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Contract Ramifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix111

Banned
Reaction score
We've seen it with many players time and again, they get a new contract and quickly thereafter the performances begin to decline. I know that Brady put in the work this offseason, but as someone else said, he seemed reluctant to put the work in to work it down the field today. Instead, he was obviously satisfied with lofting it up to Moss and crossing his fingers. Gotta wonder if purely winning has dropped as a priority.

Dumbest thread ever

Really?!? Are we going to start another Brady lost his passion for football thread?

Let's all just agree that Brady has become too Hollywood and he will be mailing it in for the rest of his career and just call it a day.

I'm pretty sure that Brady's new contract has everything to do with his bad performance tonight. I mean it's not like his wife makes $25 million a year.

I AGREE! Just look at his...tan...his deep deep hollywood tan

If we just drafted Connor Barwin we would of won the game. Simple as that

OK, presuming that the OP isn't just trolling... what do you suggest the Pats do instead? Should they not have paid Brady? Should they not pay anyone because of these ramifications?

don't worry patjew he is trollin don't expect a responce.

look at his picks today one was a ligit overthrow they happen the other bounces off Randy's hands on what should have been PI off a defeners head and the other guy caught a break and was just able to get his feet in.

He has the passion anyone who thinks Brady is playing for the paycheck compare him to Haynesworth then tell me he is playing for a paycheck

I did say that the poor play by Tom was the main reason for todays loss. But----
th_shocked.jpg

OK, presuming that the OP isn't just trolling... what do you suggest the Pats do instead? Should they not have paid Brady? Should they not pay anyone because of these ramifications?

Well I'm not trolling as another suggested, more so ranting out of frustration. To Patjew, there is no other answer, we had to pay Brady. It just seems that when these guys get paid for the most part they let off of the gas. Seems like human nature I guess.

Well I'm not trolling as another suggested, more so ranting out of frustration. To Patjew, there is no other answer, we had to pay Brady. It just seems that when these guys get paid for the most part they let off of the gas. Seems like human nature I guess.

Last week Brady had a great game. He had a very good first half today for the most part. His second half was absolutely disgusting. We all have lousy days sometimes. I don't think it has anything to do with gas in this case. The man is in it to win. Period.

Brady appears to be feeding the Moss contract beast.

IMO (no H), he is forcing the ball to Moss. I hate that, I think Moss is, in the final analysis, a detriment to this teams offensive philosphy .... but it's not personal or nefarious. Brady just seems far to involved in "maintenance" duties. That may be what's necessary to keep Moss happy though.

Also, I'm not thrilled he's the player union rep either. He has enough crapola on his plate without that polarizing situation being added in. Is this team going to vote to de-certify (who cares!)? Has management engaged him on this question in his "spare time" (not football!)? Things aren't simple anymore for our GQ QB. Meanwhile, today IMO, we had a "play calling" problem again ....... I'm not as sure it's just O'Brien this time.

Just say "No!" to the drama. Stop the pampering and stop the "extra stuff" and concentrate on getting the ball to Gronkowski and Tate and 9 different recievers each game.

That said, Brady cares a lot and wants to win every game and every down.

Last week Brady had a great game. He had a very good first half today for the most part. His second half was absolutely disgusting. We all have lousy days sometimes. I don't think it has anything to do with gas in this case. The man is in it to win. Period.
For some reason, this game reminded me of one he had against Denver back in 2001. Solid first half, poor second half.

Hey, it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye