PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Contract question. is Washington making 300 grand for one year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny88

Banned
Reaction score
Most recent

By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

The deal can be for as many as five years, with a maximum value of $22 million, but is also structured so that it could be as short as just one season. Washington will receive a signing bonus of $300,000.

As is the case with the six-year contract agreed to with New England by wide receiver Donte Stallworth on Sunday, the Patriots must pick up an option payment to retain the speedy Washington beyond the 2007 season. It is believed that payment is $4 million.

"I am happy to be a part of such a great franchise, and to have the opportunity to help the Patriots get back and win another Super Bowl," Washington said. "The privilege to play with arguably one of the best quarterbacks of all time, Tom Brady, and to be coached by someone like Bill Belichick is a blessing. I am very excited about contributing to the New England Patriots."

Last edited:
No, people are alluding to the fact that he can be cut in TC without paying him anymore than the low signing bonus.

I am confused about this one

sorry to change the subject ,but on a liter note, can anyone believe that BB is not in those hoody comercials!!! thats nuts. maybe i am too?:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes