PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Contract negotiator for the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ernie Adams doing his Jedi mind trick.

My guess: Jonathan Kraft.

OP has a good question. With all the moving pieces and the short time-frame to work in before players options/incentives start hitting the cap; it would certainly make sense that Caserio has a couple of guys who do the actually agent-negotiations so that they can work on multiple fronts simultaneously.

Also, judging by his wikipedia resume (below); he is more a football-man than a numbers-accounting guy. Although BB has shown that you can certainly be adept at both.

You have to believe that they have sketched out 'value-windows' and 'cost-targets' for each of these guys and they some guys who are the actual negotiators, who then have some room to maneuver before they call in Caserio and in turn BB/Kraft as required to approve contract or approve something that goes outside those windows. (sounds like my last car buying experience with the salesman going to the manager -- LOL).

All that said, I HAVE NO CLUE WHO those NAME-LESS ASSISTANTS could be or HOW MANY there could be. If there are any Patsfans posters who have disappeared off the board since the week after the SB -(because they are so busy negotiating); maybe it is them. ;)
It could also be that they are members of that 'legal department' that someone mentioned.

But I just can't believe that Caserio is doing all that work with all those different players himself.

Caserio joined the Patriots in 2001 as a personnel assistant. In 2002, he served as an offensive coaching assistant coach for the team, while in 2003 he moved to the scouting department as an area scout. Caserio served as the Patriots' director of player personnel from 2004 to 2006 prior to spending the 2007 season as wide receivers coach.

In 2008 he returned to the personnel department, as director of player personnel. He remained in that position even after Vice President of Player Personnel Scott Pioli departed in 2009 to become general manager of the Kansas City Chiefs; former Tennessee Titans general manager Floyd Reese was brought in as a "senior football advisor."[1] Throughout the 2009 preseason, however, Caserio assisted the offensive coaching staff, which included new wide receivers coach Chad O'Shea and tight ends coach Shane Waldron. Caserio also continued to assist the coaching staff from the press box during games along with football research director Ernie Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back