Welcome to PatsFans.com

Consumer Retail Collapses

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by NEPatriot, Jan 14, 2010.

1. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

FRB: G.19 Release--Consumer Credit--January 8, 2010

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...1414.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_LEFTWhatsNewsCollection

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +372 / 3 / -15

This is exactly why we'll see another fairly dramatic drop in the stock markets. Time to shift you investments if you're getting close to retirement. Stocks never should have gone back up so quickly, but that's the old reaction from the BOOM years.

Eventually, we'll see much more restrained investing for the long term. Why? Because there is nothing to get excited about investment wise.
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +502 / 6 / -2

I hope we dont see a double dip. I need things to pick up soon. I've got empty space I need to lease.
  4. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +372 / 3 / -15

We all should be hoping we don't see a double-dip. But I don't see how it can be avoided. The number of people unemployed is way above 10%. As they become disheartened and give up or no longer collect unemployment or when we see former executives working part-time at a fraction of their former salary, they are no longer "counted" as officially unemployed.

The longer unemployment remains at 10%, the higher the REAL number of unemployed and under-employed workers we will have. For example, if unemployment is still 10% 6 months from now, the real number of unemployed Americans will actually grow significantly.

The gov't SHOULD have been using the U-6 definition of unemployment all along.
  5. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Double dip is happening.
    U.S. Chamber warns of 'double-dip' recession because of Dem policies - TheHill.com

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010