Welcome to PatsFans.com

Consumer Reports: BPA Found in Name Brand Food

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by apple strudel, Nov 13, 2009.

1. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

BPA is a synthetic estrogen. It's widely known to be found in a lot of types of plastic water bottles, leading to the metal bottle fad. Now we know it's in most canned foods, thanks to the linings used.

On BPA (from Scientific American):

Just How Harmful Are Bisphenol-A Plastics?: Scientific American

BPA in canned food: Consumer Reports Tests

Why do we trust corporations again? Why do we allow them to get away with this sort of thing? (Don't bother - that's a rhetorical question and I already know the answer.) What's more, why don't we have regulations that prevent the use of chemicals in consumer products until they are known to be safe? (That's another rhetorical question.) Finally, all you conspiracy theorists can now formulate interesting approaches to understanding why American men are so sedate.
  2. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Nobody cares about dangerous chemicals in food? Really?
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

I have a couple of relatives in DC, who work for the fed, and they told me that during the last 8 years of the Bush era there was a systematic dismantling of government safeguards, and that many things we take for granted will forever be lost... they would often speak of the deregulation efforts that were on going..

Recent viewing of Food Inc., shows how lax we have become with the overall food chain and and how corn is king... all the while people are focusing on what BO does or does not do as every comment or action is game changing.. all the while our families are getting raped daily by Big Pharma, the food industry, the miliitary contractors and Walll Street... instead we focus on what might happen, rather than what is happening.
  4. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Ive read reports where there is so much estrogen in the fresh water rivers and lakes now due to sewage run off and other sources that fish are spontaneously growing female sex organs as well as male ones.

This is the equivalent of drugging the people slowly, and creating a populace that lacks the "balls" to rise up.

There is an under current growing in this country right now, and I think 10 years from now we will say, we started to get fed up with government in the 2000s.

Perhaps in 100 years, we will look back at the start of this millennium and see the start, and the change in attitude from ( Oh Government my Great Government! ) to the false front they have been showing from day one.

As for this BPA, what seriously can we do? It's in the tap water, it's in everything... I believe as far as how to we reverse this change, it's too late. I think in 50 years, 50% of the male population will no be able to have a child...
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Nice job on your blog....
  6. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'm looking for additional writers if you want to become an author on it. I'm always looking for different persepctives about liberty.
  7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +317 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

LOL How different?
  8. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Well I wouldn't want someone writing articles about growing the size of government, and articles supporting less indivudual freedoms. However there are many different aspects to freedom, I for one am a Ron Paul Republican, which is completely different than a standard GOPer...
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Thanks for the offer.. politically they call me a democrat, but in many ways favor small, responsible government,limited simple taxation and reduction of the federal bureaucracy by about 50%... let me think about it.
  10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +317 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

That it is.

The blog is actually very nicely done. Looks and sounds professional and intelligent. You're doing a great job and it's nice to see someone willing to share space with even a somewhat opposing view on things.

Personally, I don't think anyone's really against 'freedom" are they? Or even bigger government. But there are people who feel the need for oversight and I'm unsure who, if not the government, is capable of providing that oversight. Liberty's not going to do anyone any good if everything around you is corrupt - or unaffordable - or ruined.
  11. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

But there are!
    People do not knwo what freedom is. They want it, but don't want to respect someone else's. Abortion is a perfect example of freedom. 50% of this country want to impede on someone's freedom. Then again 50% of this country wants respect life, and say the mom can not kill a person, it's infringing on the baby's freedom...

It's a complex topic about freedom and liberty. The Patriot Act, Wiretapping, Artificially supported industries, Subsides, so many things all get tied back to your freedom of choice, and pursuit of liberty.

Everyone loves the Freedom they talk about in 2nd grade social studies... But adult freedom runs in so many veins in society.

I guess it's hard to explain, but as long as I am being taxed, and that money is unfairly being given to someone else, it's an assult on my freedom. I understand there are costs of government, however no bid contracts, and gross waste, and fraud... That is an assault on my freedom.

Most people don't truly care about their freedom and rights which is why we are allowing them to slip away more and more each day.
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2009