Welcome to PatsFans.com

Conspiracy: Fact or Fiction

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by scout, Sep 11, 2010.

1. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Would be curious on the replies to what members thought about past events and whether they thought the incident was as told or maybe there was more to it.

JFK's Assassination:
    Honestly, I'm still on the fence on this one. Probably more information on both sides then any other conspiracy. Way too much coincidence with the "facts", not to mention that scientists have stated unequivocally that shots came from the grassy knoll. Add to the drama, the corruptness of J.Edgar Hoover, who blackmailed members of the Warren Commission. Why did the FBI reverse picture frames from the Zapruder film ? Did see a computerized re-enactment which certifies the one bullet theory. The problem, who produced that re-enactment?

RFK Assassination:
    Do not know enough about this to go into detail. Did see a program where the person brought up a number of issues with the results. Do know that J Edgar Hoover cleaned up the sight pronto, shut the case immediately. '

Martin Luther King:
    Again, do not know enough to offer a lot of information. I'm willing to bet J.Edgar didn't spend too much time on this one either. How did Ray elude everyone for so long?

9/11 #7:
    Read links on this site. As I mentioned, I do not shut the door completely when there are questions that have not been satisfactory answered.

9/11 Flight over Pa:
    On the fence on this one too. Everyone likes a great story, and if true, it is a heroic story. OTH, our government would never tell us the truth. Fact is, if we did shoot down that plane, the vast majority of Americans would have been in agreement that that was the right thing to do. Matter of fact, if our government would ever admit to other cover-ups, Americans would forgive them, its who we are.

Feel free to add any conspiracies that I have missed. Thoughts?

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,077 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

WTC towers ... though I believe the attack was real, I believe the actual pilots crashed the planes because they feared worse events, no way the highjackers flew those planes. i think the buildings were pulled to minimize damage due to worries from 1993. Though it may have saved lives it was also murder ... more pople could have been warned to get out before they did it.

3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

Say what? You think the actual pilots crashed those planes into the towers, :confused: and that the buildings were demoloshed to save lives? :confused:

4. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,077 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

I think I'm free to have my own opinion ... you have offered nothing in either thread up to now. so i'm not going to bother to debate with you. You will simply scoff at it all armed with no pertinent information. As is your right but it makes for a useless discussion.

many pilots have alluded to the maneuvers the planes did to crash into the buildings ... a tough feat for even an experienced pilot. Planes don't float and it's near impossible to reinvent physics ... prhaps you could finally research the topic. Either the planes were flown by the actual pilots or flown remotely ... take your pick. The highjackers could not even fly the simulators ... this has already been proven.

There is much to the theory that the buildings wee pulled. But you and wolf refuse to take the time to study it. until you do ... I'm not sure why you keep entering the discussion.

http://www.public-action.com/911/robotplane.html

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  5. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

Conspiracy isn't a one size fits all theory. For example, there's a difference between someone thinking the government was behind 9/11, versus thinking the government shot down the flight over PA, and simply didn't tell us. I think the JFK assasination is arguably the biggest conpiracy of all time, because of the era it occured in, who was involved (a US president), the lack of proof to support all angles, and the unbelievability of the single bullet theory. Unfortunately, we'll never know who was behind the death of JFK. I think in today's world, with all the electronics and technology we use, it's virtually impossible to not leave some kind of evidence, or trail behind. What is possible in our current age, is the ability to use todays technology to missinform people, so as to create confusion, and destroy credability.

6. scout

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Pretty much agree with everything but the first part. A conspiracy can happen due to a cover-up, someone thinking there's a cover-up, or in the lunar landing, some grand scheme to deceive the American people. I don't see any difference in 9/11, flight over Pa, Kennedy, Pat Tillman (which the Gov. got caught before they got got in deep), etc, etc.
    Your right, today's world opens a whole new can of worms. It will be hard to get away with something, OTH, we've probably all have seen the Pentagon video's of the plane crashing/not crashing into the building.

7. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

Maybe I wasn't clear about my one size point. It's basically that conspiracies come in different shapes and sizes, magnitudes, and degrees.

8. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

Think about how moronic you sound. So the pilots flew the planes into the building, and what, the explosives were already there? :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

9. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

Icy, what is the reasoning behind the pilots flying the planes into the WTC?

And for bringing the buildings down? (and how would that have been done?)

(not asking for evidence, just asking for more about what you believe)

10. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,077 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

You and wolf have the same vocabulary ... moron, moronic, ignorant, ignorance, idiot, idiocy.

My life's experience has led me to believe it's mostly the uneducated of the world who quickly resort to the use of such words.

that's all I have to say ... I refuse to have a discussion with anyone in this forum who is not adult enough to have an adult discussion.

A discussion does not have to end up with someone right and someone wrong. it's always near impossible to accumulate enough concrete facts to ever get a right or a wrong.

Do you comprehend the purpose of discussion?

The evidence of the thread says you do not.

here ... educate yourself a bit ... How to Politely Disagree With Another | eHow.com

11. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The video evidence mostly points to poorly skilled people at the controls IMO. The first plane hit too high (for maximum effect anyway) and the second one nearly missed a giant building.

As to Shanksville, sure we all like to think that the passengers fought the terrorists; and its not completely impossible that the plane was shot down, but what's most likely is that the terrorists screwed up.

The approach to the Pentagon is another matter. As a flight instructor I can personally speak of hundreds of times I set a student up on a perfect approach to a landing only to have them blow way, way, past the touchdown zone due to a lack of skill, but not always. Some got it right the first time.

I'd say that 1 plane in 4 doing exactly what the plan called for isn't at all unbelievable.

12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +671 / 2 / -9

God Damn America

13. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Shanksville's the very one my bf and I were talking about yesterday, was your tin hat smoking too lol ;) To me this one's very intriguing; firstly it seems to be the least debated of all (even bldg 7 gets more press lately) and secondly it's the only area that the whole planes, trains and automobiles rabbit hole argument is more important than what the passengers may or may not have done (jmo). That entire scene was strange and never seemed to look right. Plus there was the woman, I can't think of her name and I don't have time to look it up, who was mayor (?) at the time and got promoted to State's Atty General after 9/11 because of "how well she handled it". She was later the one who busted Tommy Chong. After that she was promoted to Atty General, Donald Rumsfeld was the one who recommended her. Anyway Shanksville's an interesting one, glad you brought it up!

I could add about 50 more to your list :D but the game's on! Basically tho, I'm in the 'JFK's assassination was a coup de'tat' camp. Nothing's been the same since, it set quite an example for future presidents too. GO PATS:singing:

14. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

James Files sez hai

15. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

Point being?

16. scout

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

and..........if you read Burton Hersh's Bobby and Edgar book, you'll come away convinced that the mafia shot JFK. James Files wasn't mentioned. Then again, you could read someone Else's book and swear Fidel had JFK shot, another says it was LBJ. As many have said, we might never know. Although, read an article yesterday in which Steven Hawkins said Time Travel was a possibility...........

17. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

Right, I'm uneducated because I'm not a tinfoil wearer who, can't even give an account of how they believe the "inside job" plot played out. Why don't you explain to us what you think transpired that day, and prior, in a detailed chronological order. Tell us who was behind it, why, what the plan was, what the intentions were, who flew the planes, who set the explosives in the building, when they did so, when they were detonated, why they were, etc.

I know you won't do this, because your theory would have more holes than a golf course. Furthermore, I find it disrespectful that you would post that the murder of thousands of innocent men and women, was done so by the government, on the anniversary of their deaths. So please forgive me if I may seem a little disrespectful in kind, by way of pointing out how "idiotic" your theory is. Again though, please feel free to give us a step by step explanation of what that theory is. I'm sure many in here are in need of a good laugh.

18. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +225 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

Why do truthers feel safe openly discussing that they are on to the vast conspiracy on the public internet? Aren't you afraid of being tracked down by the same government that killed 3,000 of its own people?

Even better are the ones who sell books, T-shirts, videos and drive around with bumper stickers. If I really believed any of this, I wouldn't give speeches about it on the Washington mall for fear of, you know, a repeat? I would be scared out of my mind and try to get the heck out the country.

19. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

COINTELPRO still lives! Even on this very board, jmo of course;)

It's true about the bumperstickers and T-shirts though, I've read about a few arrests/law enforcement issues of one kind or another due to those items. Same with anti-Obama paraphenalia. Funny, I don't remember reading about a lot of arrests of people that wore anti-Bush shirts/stickers:confused:

20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +671 / 2 / -9

Instead Of Tee Shirts This Is What The Bush Haters Did:
    They made a movie showing Bush being assassinated while was still in office, the Bush Hating Loons called it "Art" and "entertainment"

The Boston Globe
    A new low in Bush-hatred - The Boston Globe

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/...dent-bush-assassinated-in-new-tv-docudrama.do

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010