Welcome to PatsFans.com

Consider these three stories... should I get an XL roll of tinfoil???

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Jul 11, 2007.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Not sure if I need to make a hat, or is this just plain old weird, thinking about these three stories from the past couple of days.. try not to buy into conspiracy theories, but a good terror attack would help some ratings..

1. Homeland Security is down a lot of management positions, and are seriously understaffed:
    http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201000218
    The chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security on Monday called vacant leadership positions within the Department of Homeland Security an "enormous security vulnerability."
    U.S. Rep. Bennie G. Thompson, D-Miss., pointed to a staff report out this week that nearly one-quarter of the senior leadership positions in the Department of Homeland Security tasked with protecting the country from terrorist threats are vacant. In addition to the critical leadership vacancies, Thompson noted that the report finds an unusually high number of critical national security jobs at the department filled by political appointees.

2. Santorum makes his famous comments about how we need another terror attack:
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=6279
    In an alarming display of fearmongering, former Republican Senator Rick Santorum has suggested that a series of "unfortunate events," namely terrorist attacks, will occur within the next year and change American citizen's perception of the war.

Appearing on the Hugh Hewitt radio show, Santorum also hyped the necessity of "confronting Iran in the Middle East," and predicted that Giuliani, Romney and Tommy Thompson would be the three surviving Republican candidates who would go head to head in the race for the nomination.

Santorum went on to clearly imply that terror attacks will occur inside America which will alter the body politic and lead to a reversal of the anti-war sentiment now dominating the country.

"Between now and November, a lot of things are going to happen, and I believe that by this time next year, the American public’s going to have a very different view of this war, and it will be because, I think, of some unfortunate events, that like we’re seeing unfold in the UK. But I think the American public’s going to have a very different view," said the former senator from Pennsylvania.

3. Today Chertoff starts talking about security concerns that he feels in his gut:
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-070710chertoff,1,2055735.story?coll=chi-news-hed
    Fearing complacency among the American people over possible terror threats, U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said in Chicago Tuesday that the nation faces a heightened chance of an attack this summer.

"I believe we are entering a period this summer of increased risk," Chertoff told the Chicago Tribune's editorial board in an unusually blunt and frank assessment of America's terror threat level.

Still, Chertoff said there are not enough indications of an imminent plot to raise the current threat levels nationwide. And he indicated that his remarks were based on "a gut feeling" formed by past seasonal patterns of terrorist attacks, recent al-Qaeda statements, and intelligence he did not disclose.