Welcome to PatsFans.com

Consider these 3 stories...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Jan 25, 2008.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

What Will Pant Suit Hillary Or The Kid (Obama) Do If America Is Attacked (Again)

3. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Russia has had that kind of stance basically since WWII. Even the more recent re-emphasis of that policy was made in 2000, before the Bush doctrine was really put into place. I don't see how the two things are really related.

You're using something John Bolton said to an Israeli group, and he may or may not be correct, again, I don't see how the Bush doctrine has affected the Iran situation, beyond possibly convincing them to halt their weaponization program.

Russia has a good deal going with Iran for oil, doesn't it? If it doesn't now it did in the past, and would like some cheap oil again I'm guessing. For that reason and for the general reason of hurting US interests it makes sense for them to ally themselves with Iran.

None of this is good news of course, but I don't see the Bush doctrine as being the root cause of any of it.

4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

that is some amazing spin... truly...

if you don't believe the U.S. and their foreign "policy" aren't at the root of all three of those stories, you're either being disingenuous as cover, or misinformed...

i'll remind you that relations with Russia were never better than at the beginning of Bush's reign.... Putin, while in Manhattan in the summer of '01, gave specific warning "in the strongest possible terms" to our intelligence services of planes being crashed into government buildings ... Putin also looked the other way as we pulled out of missile treaty talks in the immediate wake of 9/11... Iran helped us squeeze the Taliban out of neighboring Afghanistan.... this is all well-documented fact...

Bush's hawkish rhetoric has ramped up the anxiety and you know it... if that was Russia's stance all along (and it mostly has been), why then the need to re-emphasize it? they're speaking directly to the West in regards to the crackers' in office and their daily threats against Iran...

as for Israel, well, they're completely tied to us... are they not?