Welcome to PatsFans.com

Conservatives Betrayed

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, Nov 9, 2006.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

http://www.conservativesbetrayed.com/

Viguerie is right on target. I can't figure out how it took so long for people to begin to realize that Bush is NOT conservative. He plays one on TV, sure, helped by his media thugs and Rover. But seriously, how can you Bushies call yourself conservative after:

-disposal of habeus corpus/redefining torture
    -secret government surveillance
    -record spending
    -record increases in the size of government
    -"preventive" unilateral military engagements
    -nation building
    -big business tax breaks

Its soooo Machiavellian
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Great post!
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +550 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Yes ... a good post. I'm not sure what Bush is yet I know he hijacked the republican party to get what he wanted. Word leaks out here and there that his relationship with his father is strained .... no duh!!!!

But ... being a moderate/conservative myself I'm glad to see more conservative democrats in the news. Conservative democrats are more in tune to old fashioned conservatism anyways.

Personally, I'm hoping that a very liberal or a very conservative White House is bad for America anyways. I think America will run best withthe majority right around center. That way...issues will get the attention they deserve on their own merits of good or bad for the people. The notion that an idea is left or right and will be supoported accordingly to keep the party strong is bad for the people.

Bush doomed the G.O.P. right after the last election when he said he was going to use his political capital ..... right there he told America he was going to do as he pleased, when he pleased, and how he pleased. America had enough of that crap Tuesday .... let's hope Bush is the last President too stupid to realize a President never truly governs a majority....America is too diverse for that.
  4. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I am hoping every self procclaimed conservative reads this book before posting another pro-Bush/Cheney post. Oh wait...I haven't seen one in years. Still, please read it.
  5. italia44

italia44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is a question of alternatives.

No true Republican wants to be tied to

Evangelicals,extreme anti-abortion zealots,Cheney/Rumsfield et al.

However,the Dem party has been co-opted by other "extremists",whose only
    Mantra is:against Bush.

That's why this mid-term election was a
    GOOD thing for America.

It's not a repudiation of "true" Republicans,but a wake-up call to BOTH
    parties,from the American voters.

Why do you think centrist dems,who won all those seats in the house,
    refused to have Pelosi,Dean,Hilliary and the Hollywood moonbats,campain
    for them?

The same for the GOP,the man we want to stand with is now,John McCain.
    Karl Rove,Limbaugh and the Right Wing of the party,had their chance,
    blew it,and are now only voices in the wilderness.

I think the Democratic Party is going to miss their oppurtunity,if they nominate
    Hilliary or Obama or someone radical.

The American people aren't looking for
    extreme change,their looking for stability and predictability.

IMHO.......I think that person will be

McCain with either Condi or Colin Powell
    as VP,then,finally,True Republicans will go back to being proud to having someone stand behind them.
  6. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Italia, unfortunately McCain has caved to the Bush-Cheney-Rumsfeld torture bill. This will come back to haunt him. Its too bad really, as he was someone I really liked before he stuck his nostrum up Bushs sphincter.

The straight talk express will have to explain why he flip flopped, flip flopped, flip flopped.

As far as the "extremists" against Bush, you must consider this author one. Conservatives are opposing him like never before. Thats the point you apparently missed. These aren't extremists that voted out the incumbents...they are the moderates and the independants.

The rightwing extremists remain in the Bush camp, and time will tell whether the left wing extremists have taken any control. I do agree with your premise. I think we just had a "market correction".

The true conservatives have alot to offer this new debate. I hope the liberals work with them and the moderates.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
  7. ctpatsfan1

ctpatsfan1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

bingo. That is exactly what has happened.
  8. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

And upon review, I think thats what Italia is saying as well.
  9. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +550 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Word is the republicans are ripsh!t that Bush let Rummy go now. Some feel if he had been let go sooner they might have feared better. I don't buy into that....Rumsfeld should have been let go during the Abu Ghraib(sic) fiasco. That's what put americans over the edge and made them venemous.
  10. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +123 / 7 / -13

Most of the conservatives around readily acknowledged that teh congressional pubbies were spineless when it came to appointing judges and forcing votes, they were weak on immigration, they didn't go for strong tax reform (either a Flat Tax or a NRST in conjunction with a repeal of the 16th admendment), they enacted a new federal drug entitlement, they didn't reform medicare (see S Forbes for good ideas on this), they didn't folow through on Social Security reform, they raised discretionary spending far too much, they used earmarks to get pork like a bunch of libs, they passed the horrendous education bill that T Kennedy wanted. The did next to nothing to stop illegal immigration.

Bus did nothing significent to restrain the growth of goverment.

For all of this Bush did a few thjings well. He inhereted an economy in recession, before his first budget went into effect we were hit on 9-11, manmy CEO's in this country thought this would cause a depression. Bush did a terrific job (with his tax cuts) of keeping the economy afloat and growing it over the past 5 years. He apointed 2 outstanding judges to the SC (hopefully his other juducal appointments were this good).

Most importantly he understood the threat that the Islanist movement poses to this country abnd has protexcted this country in the face of dishonest opposition on the part of his political opponents, and at the cost of his popularity/approval rating. He could have pushed the hard decisions in confronting the Islamist threat for others to deal with, to his everlasting credit he didn't.