Welcome to PatsFans.com

Conservative talk show host points out conservative hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +196 / 5 / -6

It's the third paragraph down. Very short. Very honest.

http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/articles/2008/09/06/moss_finds_a_home/

A funny thing happened when WRKO conservative talk host Reese Hopkins (inset) told listeners 17-year-old Bristol Palin's pregnancy makes him question VP hopeful Sarah Palin's parenting skills. Angry Republican listeners blew up his e-mail box, claiming Bristol's condition is family business. And Hopkins, who talked extensively on-air about the suspicious Gloucester teen pregnancy pact, was a little shocked. "You called these girls sluts, you said their parents were horrible," he said of his listeners.

2. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

OH LOOK! The moderator here has nothing better to do than incite partisan rage!

Moron.
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +196 / 5 / -6

C'mon, Otis, don't make it about me, and don't call me names, please. I'm every bit as a partisan as FTW, but aren't we all? Now, back to the issue of hypocrisy ....
  4. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

I disagree with Reese Hopkins values and her positions regarding a women's right to privacy. But at least unlike the rest she is consistent.

Good for her. An actual conservative talk show host who holds actual conservative values, not a mouth piece for defend all misconduct by republicans and condemning it when it is a dem.
  5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

Every now and then, we hear or read about people like Mr Hopkins. As everyone argues and debates all around the central issue, guys like him cut to the chase and pull the curtain on the truth for all to see.

I bet every listener who called in on the Gloucester issue, immediately clammed right up.
  6. PF1996

PF1996 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Bravo for Reese Hopkins - a man who at least in this situation is applying his standards consistently. Bravo to him as well for pointing out the hypocrisy of his constituents.

That said, his findings are not at all surprising as we have seen the same behaviour among the rightwing extremists on this forum. From the same people who have ranted about the "lack of family values" and the "lack of God" and the "results of sex education" when discussing teen pregnancies, we now get "it's normal to have sex" and "teenagers had kids in the 1700s" (I :rofl: at that one). It really again demonstrates that rightwingers use "family values" as a propaganda tool; it's not something that most actually believe in or practice.

Unfortunately, the Democrats are bumbling fools who still fail to appreciate the stupidity of the majority of the voting public and the need to keep the message simple. PFnVa made an excellent point about Obama's interview - people who actually THINK rationally about an issue do not appeal to the majority of the American voting public. This group prefers those who do not think but rather speak emotionally and irrationally (see George Bush's winning two elections). This is the only reason Obama isn't running away with this race and it's a sad commentary on American society.

Do tell - how exactly does posting a paragraph which shows that a conservative is capable of acknowledging the hypocrisy of the right on Sarah Palin going to "incite partisan rage"? I understand that rightwingers like you are incapable of rational thought, particularly when you're confronted with your double standards but that's "rightwinger rage", not "partisan rage". If you can't handle the truth, feel free to resume your "vacation".

Patters - any infraction for the "moron" comment or are random "insults" okay? Just trying to determine exactly what constitutes a "personal attack" on this forum. :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +899 / 7 / -17

#87 Jersey

Check out what Dr. Phil had to say about this. Like I said before it's one thing to read things on the internet and it's another thing to actually experience raising a teenager. It has a lot to do with hormones and the brain reconnecting itself for adulthood. What is logical to you, me, Sarah Palin and even her daughter Bristol in conversation is all together different when Bristol suddenly faces a logical decision that is decided with emotion. There is no hypocrisy Patters ... this is all about science and psychology.

President Bush's daughter got caught drunk a few times, Al Gore's son got caught speeding with pot on him ... there is no logic to any of this. It doesn't make Bush or Al or Sarah bad parents. There are numerous stories of political people, religious people, police people whose children made bad decsions. One which was very public here was Eagles coach Andy Reids drug addict sons.

It is harsh to blame this stuff on parents ... sure some parents suck ... as in all things life. But the best parents out there have experienced major dissappointments with their children. You pick up the pieces and move on ... everyone is human.
    http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-...tises-lettermans-mocking-palins-bad-parenting

The page links to the actual video.
  8. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

I can I answer this one? Please. It is so easy.

But I think you already answered it. Lack of a capacity to handle rational though, on behalf of many of the rightwingers.

It is the equivalent of blaming Jyllands-Posten for the muslim riots.
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +554 / 2 / -9

Sarah:
    From the way they are going after her she must be terrifying them, this women has only been on the scene for a few days and the Democrats are trying to crucify her worse than they do to Cheney/Bush, it seems like they have forgotten their Hatred of Bush and are now on the warpath to completely destroy this one little women who likes camping and hockey but has more class and likeabilty than in Democrat in America.
  10. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I've never listened to the guy since he's on during the day and I work for a living but, I'm curious how he is the spokesperson for conservatives? Just because he is one? I wish I could think of a liberal talk show host but, most hard core liberals aren't interested in facts or discussing real points so there is no market for left wing talk show hosts. Air America is defunct right?
  11. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

You are missing the point. Most of us don't condemn Sarah for being a bad parent. On that score I disagree with Hopkins.

But every time I turn on a conservative talk radio show they are condemning the parents of unwed mothers as liberals with no values.

I don't know if you bothered to watch the Stewart clip or not. What make it so damn funny is you have a clip of O'Reily blaming one set of parents for being pinheads and defending the other set's privacy.

I don't care that Bristol got pregnant. But everyone of the right-wingers who have been repeatedly calling every unwed girl who got pregnant a slut, should apply the same standard to Bristol.

It is not Bristol we condemn it is the hypocrisy.
  12. PF1996

PF1996 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

LMAO @ a rightwinger using Dr. Phil as a basis for an opinion. By the way FBN, those are "liberal" talking points so Patters (and other liberals) is well aware of them. The people you should direct those talking points to are the rightwingers who always claimed that teenage pregnancy was a failing of, take your pick, "sex education", "lack of God", "lack of abstinence teachings", "lack of responsibility", "bad parenting". Well, at least before the daughter of your "God inspired", "abstinence teaching" goddess got knocked up at 17. Now the new "family value" of the rightwinger is "what's the big deal, Mary had Jesus at 14", :rofl: :rofl:

Oh, by the way, here's an example of the typical rightwinger's reaction to a parent in the public eye who had kids who made bad choices.

If these comments sound familiar, it's because they were written by YOU. http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?p=600141&highlight=reid#post600141

Do tell FBN, is Sarah Palin a "lousy Gal" for refusing to put her family before "fame and fortune and country"? Or are you singing a new tune now that you have temporarily turned into a compassionate liberal. :rolleyes:

Ah, hypocrisy among the right - so predictable, so common place, yet still so very entertaining....:rofl:
  13. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +899 / 7 / -17

#87 Jersey

That hypocrisy exists on both sides of the aisle ... I pay no attention to it because it is all political bloviating. I wish people who have not had teenagers would at least do some research before they bloviate.

To slightly digress ... sex, drugs, doing well in school ... all sometimes beyond parental control unfortunately. I have a 22 and 23 year old ... and a 9 year old. No babies (though i am sure there was sex), no alchoholics and both in college. A parent will say to me and my wife ...wow you are good parents ... I always respond we try and we have been lucky.
  14. PF1996

PF1996 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You should probably direct your curiosity to the person who said that he was "the spokesperson for conservatives" but until you find that person, how about addressing the point of the thread - RIGHTWINGERS who expressed one opinion over teenage pregnancies in Gloucester, expressing the opposite now that it's their pagaent queen under the microscope.

Facts and "real points" are what drives the opinions of liberals which ironically is why there is a dearth of "liberal talk radio". Liberals aren't interested in hearing their opinions repeated to them ad nauseam. Rather they are interested in hearing facts, not propaganda like that which is fed to the rightwing sheep.

Oh, by the way, I'm guessing you have finally decided to your transparent act of not being a rightwinger. Good decision.

Oh, don't fall for the rightwinger "it's hate, it's jealousy, it's fear" phony responses to the exposure of their pagaent queen. They may not be very bright but even sheep can figure out that the criticism is aimed squarely at their blatant double standards. Double standards again on blatant display by Palin at the convention. Here's the "baby daddy", from the same woman who is whining that the media should respect the "children's privacy". :rolleyes:

Completely disgusting to put that kid on stage.
  15. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +899 / 7 / -17

#87 Jersey

first of all I am a ight leaning moderate who supported Obama over McCain before the Palin pick. Also in this forum supported Al Gore and John Kerry.

As to compare a parent of 2 sons who had a history of drug abuse to a parent of a daughter who gets preganant is ridiculous at best. Andy Reid LET HIS SONS DO DRUGS IN HIS HOUSE ... and this was proven. if you can prove Sarah Palin let bristol have sex in her house i'll say you have a point ... otherwise your post has an IQ quotient of perhaps 70. Comparing serving your state and country to coaching a team ... wow ... academic America are you listening to that? :rofl:
  16. PF1996

PF1996 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

ROFLMAO. Thanks for proving my point and the point of this thread. Don't get too dizzy now....
  17. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Yep, complete hypocrisy. I can say for myself that I said nothing about the Gloucester girls except that I doubted the pact existed and it seems that was the case. It never existed.

Could have fooled me by the threads here alone.

I've been open from the beginning that I think Obama is a joke. And that I'm more liberal than conservative. I know many hard core liberals believe like Bush that you are either with us (lock step) or you are against us. Sorry man I'll pass on the Kool Aid you're offering. If that makes me a righty to you so be it.
  18. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Let me ask you a question. Do you think Palin should have accepted the nomination with the family situation being what it is or are you suddenly a concervative talking points guy that thinks it's the woman's job to raise kids and take care of her husband? :rofl:(I put that rolfl guy in there to make me think I really won a point but you had so many of them I had to take one of yours away in order for me to post it)
  19. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i wonder what the conservative moderator(s) would do if a progressive poster here called him a "moron"
  20. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

You switched from Obama to McCain simply because of Peggy Hill?? ... Wow... way to stick to your "ideals" and your intensely focused and informed research...

It's clear your vote will be akin to a woman who fills in her office NFL pool sheet based on the uniforms, or the city she'd rather visit.... :rolleyes:

Excuse me while I remind myself that your opinion officially carries little-to-zero weight around here.