Welcome to PatsFans.com

Conservative Self-Destruction: From a Conservative

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Jul 5, 2009.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +437 / 6 / -9

2. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +437 / 6 / -9

No soul-searching here, among our local Cons?

You're all sure everything's fine, right?
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -13

No response for the phony concern for conservatives from a lib.

You should be glad if conservatives are splitting from RINO's, conservatives place values above party perhaps you don't understand that concept.
  4. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +437 / 6 / -9

Sure Agent13... keep playing that song, don't concern yourself with the burning aroma... that's a Nero reference, by the way, don't get all religious on me... (although he was the origin of half the religious balderdash thrown around on this forum in the name of politics...)

Funny part is, this one was written before the last three Republican figures removed themselves from the landscape, which happened well after the advent of the Republican Civil Wars...

I can't decide whether the Rabid Right is sad for thinking they're better off "pure" or whether the original Republicans are sadder for having made that deal with the devil in the first place.

Here's something to hope for, Pubbies: the religious youth seem to more evenhandedly apply aspects of the bible having to do with helping the less fortunate, along with "social conservativism" (read, puritan bigotry.) Some of these are even happy to declare the puritanism to be something you impose on yourself, not others...

IF they grow to understand that the business of government is government, with religion of any importance as it intersects "what is caesar's", they may restrict their activism to questions of alleviating poverty and social justice.

Alternately, the Pubbies could broaden their base proactively, and not wait for the theocons to "lead" them.

But hey, as you say, I am okay w/Dems in power for 20 years, works for me :)

PFnV