Welcome to PatsFans.com

Conservative Radio Host Waterboarded.. results it is torture

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, May 22, 2009.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Conservative yakker from Chicago got waterboarded, the difference is he knew it was coming and could stop it.. he also spoke the language, he also knew what would happen afterwards.. the result he now believes it is torture.. just like another kiddie day at the beach Harry..

Mancow Waterboarded, Admits It's Torture | NBC Chicago

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

He's Full Of **** Uncle Teddy Can Show Them What Real Waterboarding is
  3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

and at least this Cheney loyalist had the balls to see for himself...

most from the "it's not torture" camp here would never let themselves be exposed to such a reality.

8 years of lies and defense of lies continues by the 26 percenters... meanwhile, they've lost Congress, the Senate, the White House, and there's no clear savior for their party anywhere on the horizon... and, as if that's not enough, more and more people are rejecting organized religion each day.

could someone please play TAPS?
    Last edited: May 22, 2009
  4. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Oberman promised a grand a minute if Hannity did it, but Hannity broke his right wing promise, so now instead of paying Hannity he is giving 10K to Mancow's charity even though he did not last 10 seconds as promised initially.. get it...

Keith Olbermann pledges $10,000 donation because Mancow was waterboarded | Tower Ticker

5. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What right wing promise are you complaining about?
  6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Hannity promised to be waterboarded to show it is not torture, then backed down.. this was a challenge for Olberman..
  7. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

OK then, thought it was another whinefest from Olberman but it's true he said he'd do it...
  8. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +282 / 5 / -8

It's actually down to 21 in the most recent polling. Musta been a few Colin Powellers still left in the last batch...
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

That's about the same percentage of Americans who genuinely supported the Revolution from the British Crown.

........... just sayin'.........

//
  10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Who did the polling Gallup or Zogby??
  11. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

This just goes to prove that the method works. If Mancow had anything tangible that investigators wanted to know he would have spilled his guts.
  12. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +282 / 5 / -8

So the other 180 times or so would have just been for what, fun?
  13. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

For some it takes more. With the stakes invovled I dont have a problem with it.
  14. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +282 / 5 / -8

The stakes being, making detainees say there is a link between Al Qaeda and Iraq, to justify the unjustifiable war?

Or were the stakes being to find WMD -- after all, with such effective methods, we should have bushels of them to show off by now...

Or maybe the stakes were to find OBL -- how'd that work out?

We know 2 things:

1) Waterboarding is torture;
    2) Nobody can point to any specific benefit torture has gleaned for the U.S.

This is unsurprising, and is in line with what's been found about torture far in advance of the Cheney regime adopting it. Not only is it wrong, it also yields unreliable intelligence.

Oh by the way: what's the best intel you can get? Having human intel on the ground. What did we do throughout the middle east? Alienate those possible allies who would have facilitated that. Example: teams of weapons inspectors we got yanked out of Iraq so we could "shock and awe" them.

PFnV
  15. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

But it should only be used as a last resort when there is little time. It should not be used for revenge and should not be used to satisfy some sicko's sadistic desires. I'd like to make a point here. I think the more we use surveillance and infiltration to uncover plots the better chance we have to thwart attacks without resorting to heavy interrogation.

This is not a black and white issue in my opinion. Remember Obama has left himself some wiggle room and still has the power to authorize enhanced interrogation if he sees fit.

I'm not a sadist and I have no problem with the three terrorists getting waterboarded under the circumstances since it was used to make us safer. Remember, most everyone thought another attack was immanent. I just wish all this could be declassified so that we don't have to rely on the Mancow's of the world to form security opinions. They are not high level trained terrorists and what they have to say has little value in real world situations.
    Last edited: May 23, 2009
  16. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Too bad they didn't finish the job, Mancow is a 100% douchebag. He was a shock jock in the 90s when it was the thing to do, and now he's a conservative talker because that's big in the radio world. Just listen to his fake radio voice, it'll make you cringe.

That being said, I'm not surprised he found it to be torture, waterboarding does not sound pleasant.
  17. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

If it's proven that the waterboarding was performed to find WMD's or link Iraq to Al Qaeda then it was improperly used. Side note, if they did use it to try and find WMD's doesn't that say that we really thought they had them?

I'm reserving judgment on whether or not we've ever gained anything useful. Some say we have and some challenge that. We can't know if without declassifying the documents.

Another interesting note. Remember when Patters was posting about not crowning McCain as a war hero because he had succumbed to torture? I guess it's only effective on republicans and conservative talk show hosts, lol.
  18. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

3000 humanbeings lives saved by waterboarding 1 humanbeing who wants to slaughter the 3000 humanbeings then in the end the 3000 humanbeings plus the 1 savage humanbeing all live.

GO TO IT.
  19. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Manclown is like the 4th or 5th doink that I've seen that "volunteered" to be waterboarded.... and he did so for the SOLE PURPOSE of getting attention and ratings for his radio show.

Ironically, I've now seen more YouTube videos of people that actually volunteered to undergo the procedure than the GRAND TOTAL of individuals the CIA ever used the procedure on (which was 3). :rolleyes:

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that if its an activity that you can "set up" as a fukcing shock-jock radio gag, then the likelihood that it REALLY is torture goes down dramatically.

What a stupid clown Mancrotch is. I put about as much "weight" in his "Yeah, it's torture" statement as the amount of confidence I'd have letting Mike Vick dogsit for me. :eek:

Until he volunteers to get strung up by his testicles, or to have his digits looped off at the fukcing knuckle, then he'll just be another radio clown looking for a way to find listeners, and NOT an expert on torture. This video actually HURTS the argument that waterboarding is torture, not helps it.
    Last edited: May 23, 2009
  20. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

This is some of the best spin ever.