Welcome to PatsFans.com

Conservative GOP Charlotte Minister Busted paying for sex acts with Check...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Jul 21, 2007.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +518 / 14 / -28

File under how freaking stupid can you be, pay for sex with a prostitute with checks and then claim you lost your check book.. what a wicked web we weave. Never mind his GOP affiliation and being an outspoken advocate for conservative christian groups, unbelievable. Maybe it would be easier for the GOPOWERFUL to legalize prostitution, then they could legalize their GOPERVERTINESS and stop embarassing their poor families.

http://www.charlotte.com/407/story/204465.html

KANNAPOLIS --Coy Privette, a retired Baptist pastor, conservative lawmaker and outspoken advocate for Christian groups, was charged Thursday with paying a prostitute for sex acts.

The 74-year-old Cabarrus County commissioner was arrested at his home in Kannapolis early Thursday. He appeared before a Rowan County magistrate on six misdemeanor charges and was released on a promise to appear in court Aug. 22. He did not return e-mails or calls to his cell and home phones, and no one answered the door at his Kannapolis home.

Privette, a prominent Republican with a 30-year career, is one of the state's most vocal opponents against alcohol sales and legal gambling. He also serves on the State Baptist Convention of North Carolina and as president of the Christian Action League of North Carolina.

At a news conference in Raleigh late Thursday, the league's executive director announced Privette's suspension as president until his court case is resolved.

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Reasons # 13,456 and # 13,457 why religions are a crock:

13,456: "Holy" men and women or Shamans are usually the freakiest, stupidest, and least competent members of society.

13,457: Members of the cult will give a pass to the offending shaman because they believe he represents the gods and will fall for the old "hate the sin, love the sinner" jive.

3. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

That proves religions are a crock? ..........I saw a minister smoking,! See it's all BS! Yep, find a boy scout leader that's a pedophile and that proves the boys scouts are a crock. Find a cop that takes a bribe and that proves cops are crooked. Find a concervative that does this and and liberal that does that and that the reason those parties are a crock. There are hypocrites and idiots in any group. There are mostly good people that make up most groups . Some make wrong choices, some are hypocrites. That does not make their organizations crocks.

4. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

The tone of my post was lost on you. I was being satirical but my statement came from my awareness that religion is a crock. I say so and I have lots of proof to back it up, but I don't need any. Since my position hurts no one, cost nothing, and is benign in every way, I need not defend it. It is up to the religionists leaders to defend their legitimacy, since it is they who cause harm by stealing money, committing crimes, raping children and getting away with murder by hiding behind the cloth and the chirade of religion.

When behavior like this happens more frequently withing one set of people than society as a whole, there's an anomaly. Because those who claim to talk to or represent something they call God, I can say they are dillusional. This is very different from those who chose to believe in the existence of God. Good for them, as long as their belief doesn't interfere with my life. These people (the shamans), if they aren't outright crooks for stealing people's money and not paying taxes like other businesses, are mentally deranged for thinking they have some kind of "divine" connection no one else has. Either that, or they're using such claims to further their crooked business interests. That's just my opinion. My previous post, again, was satire derived from that position.

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +811 / 2 / -9

I can believe in God, I can try to live a decent life, I can pray when I'm in trouble or scared for a friend or relative that is dying from Cancer, I can watch a moth change into a butterfly, I can sit and look at my 4 children, 12 grandchildren and 8 great grandchildren and say to myself "me and God made all them" but I can't stand these Bible Thumping, Bug Eyed Bastards that run Organized Religion and constantly "Beg For Money"

I haven't been to a "Organized" church service on a Sunday morning in almost 60 years, I conduct my own services and inform my family and their family's to attend if they so wish and it won't cost them a f-cking a dime, I even have a Robe that I wear, following the service I mingle with the congregation and offer a few words of spritual guidence should they request it or need it, GOD speaks to me, I in turn pass his message on to them.

Tap Dancing is a lost art, I am taking Tap Dancing lessons to add a little gayety to my services.

Frequent Not Thy Neighbors House
    Lest He Become Angry With Thee
    And So Hate Thee.

6. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I found an old picture of you on the web, Harry.
    How old were you here? :D :rocker:

[​IMG]

7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +348 / 15 / -11

Jesus, are you serious? That's scary stuff. The difference between what you're doing and organized religion is that they're better at it.

8. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I like Harry's version of religion...disorganized and fun. I might even go next time I'm Down East.
    "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"
    "YEEEEEEEEEEEE---HAAAAAWWW!":eat2: :woohoo: :rocker:

9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

WTF do you expect a guy to do when the 'ho don't take credit..? :D

10. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nope... no ignorance or bigotry there... just another "tolerant" liberal :rolleyes:

11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +811 / 2 / -9

You wouldn't say they are better at it if you attended one of my services :singing:

Shall We Gather At The River
    The Beautiful Beautiful River
    Yes We Shall Gather At The River
    That Flows By The Throne Of God

12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 7 / -2

Why is religion a crock? Because some mental midgit like this guy? I guess we could point to any non-believer who commits immoral acts and say how "this is reason # 7 zillion why non-believing is a crock".

13. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

See Post #4 on this thread...or just ignore it again.

14. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

See Post #4 on this thread...or just ignore it again.

15. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Gee, sorry if I responded to post #2 before reading post #4... WTF was I thinking..?

But thanks for the clarification... you're a complete bigot, but you're a satirical bigot... so that's OK then I guess.... :rolleyes:

16. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Hey, RW!
    Someone's calling me a liberal, again...
    Would you mind straightening them out for me...again?

...and I just noticed he called me "tolerant" too...I resent that! I'm too old to be tolerant!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  17. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Just because people are weak and make mistakes and repeat them again and again is absolutely NO reason to deny God; it's no reason to deny the fact we have an eternal life awaiting us; it's no reason for us to stop trying to figure it all out. Fallen priests/ministers are examples of what we should strive NOT to become; they are not an excuse to give up the search. Just because others have failed does not mean we have to. Just remember how many other people drowned while they were laughing at Noah as he was floating in his ark. Don't be a drowner.

//

18. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Thanks!
    ...and you're a great big ...oh, never mind. What's the use!:eat1: It's Saturday!

19. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +518 / 14 / -28

Praise be to you Fogbuster, once again you take an innocuous thread and turn it into an opportunity to preach to us all... pass the basket, take up a collection, lets all fast and wear sackcloth.

20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +811 / 2 / -9

I knew something was happening, I have felt it coming on for the last ten or fifteen years, I see things on the wall in my bedroom in the middle of the night when the lights are out, the vision lights up on the wall while everything else stays dark, last night it happened again, there was a picture of a donkey & a cow with some guys dressed like Arabs they were standing in what looked like sheep sh!t.

This morning when I got up my sneakers were gone, there was a pair of sandals under my bed, my wife said to me yesterday, “when are you going to get a haircut and shave” I said “I don’t want to” she said “why” I said “I don’t know”, later I looked in the mirror, I had the beginning of a goatee and my hair was almost down to my shoulders, I smiled.

Each day this strange feeling gets stronger and stronger, I was out in the garage with Sally (neighbors wife) I said to her, “watch this” I took all my clothes off, she almost fainted, she screamed, “your beautiful” I said, “I know it” then I said, now watch this, I held my arms up in the air and closed my eyes, the garage door opened, the car started and drove out into the driveway, all by itself.

Most of you know that some day the Lord will return and bring the believers home with him
    “Ye who so-ever believeth in me shall have everlasting life and shall dwell in the kingdom of heaven forever and ever”

I AM JESUS CHRIST

I AM TURNING INTO JESUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY
    GOD HIMSELF IS GETTING ME READY
    PRAISE JESUS FOR I AM JESUS
    I HAVE FORGIVEN MY NEIGHBORS WIFE I HAVE WASHED HER SINS AWAY

GET READY, THIS IS NO JOKE
    :bricks: