PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Connors and Laurinitis

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
For those channel flippers, there are a couple of good LBs to watch in the Penn State versus Ohio State game.

Laurinitis, LB, Ohio St #33
6-3 Weight: 247, 4.55

Connors, LB, Penn State, #40
6-3 Weight: 232 - 4.7

I'm really not sure who I would prefer, I think Lauranitis is more of a ball hawking play maker while Connor is a better pure tackler. Either way, both of these kids are going to have great NFL careers.

Unfortunately, neither of them will ever see the blue of a Patriots uniform unless they are tackling it. IMO, I doubt highly BB drafts one of these guys in the 1st round (especially if the the pick is top 10).

I think Connors will move to OLB in the pros. I watched him play Saturday and I can not see BB taking him in the first or second round and having him sit for two years or so before he can contribute inside in the base defense.

If Laurinitis can run a 4.55 at 247 lbs and he improves his tackling, then he will make BB's draft board but he is not a top 10 kind of guy.

PS: I saw an ILB for UNLV, Beau I think, and if he can run a decent 40 time, I think BB has to look at drafting this guy on day 2 and letting him develop for a year or 2. He looks to be about 6'2" or so and about 245 plus lbs. He also looks to have remarkable instincts and can bring the wood and he didn't look too lost in coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back