PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

connor barwin....defensive POM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, Rob - this is fun. I'm stuck in an airline lounge in ORD en route to Hong Kong now, so this thread is a life saver to stave off my boredom.

I'm lame.

Sorry Patjew, I guess I got some pull with the moderators. You are taking the being a good Jew to extreme, most of the rest of us Jews just order Chinese food on Christmas Eve. You are going out, way out for it.

You guys cry to the moderators like babies. Its a good discussion compared to the rest of the threads. Pathetic to pull it out.

By the way Robo, moronic argument again to say if he's some good why did he go in the 2nd round. Do I need to list 500 All-Pros who have gone in the second round!!! Gee, if Tom Brady was so good how come he went in the 6th round. Who cares what round he went in.

Ed Reed was taken 1 spot after we took Daniel Graham.

I want Bill B to be fired. :eek:

You guys cry to the moderators like babies. Its a good discussion compared to the rest of the threads. Pathetic to pull it out.

No. This thread was completely useless. 0 factual arguments brought forth by the OP.

Do I need to list 500 All-Pros who have gone in the second round!!!

Not only do we want a list, but we would like a separate thread started for each one blasting BB for not taking him with his selection.

It was a crap discussion, it should have gone to the ass-clown asylum long before it did.

The only thing "good" about it was it gave a chance for the thinly veiled one-trick pony Jet fans posing as Pats fans (and fooling no one) to yet again say the only things they ever say on this site, which are all slight variations of 'the Pats suck':

• Pats defense stinks
  • Pats drafting stinks
  • Belichick stinks

The only thing missing from the thread (or perhaps it wasn't) is the old faithful ' Kraft is cheap'.

Not only do we want a list, but we would like a separate thread started for each one blasting BB for not taking him with his selection.

how about a list of pats 2nd rounders who can play versus the busts?????

It was a crap discussion, it should have gone to the ass-clown asylum long before it did.

The only thing "good" about it was it gave a chance for the thinly veiled one-trick pony Jet fans posing as Pats fans (and fooling no one) to yet again say the only things they ever say on this site, which are all slight variations of 'the Pats suck':

• Pats defense stinks
  • Pats drafting stinks
  • Belichick stinks

The only thing missing from the thread (or perhaps it wasn't) is the old faithful ' Kraft is cheap'.

please.....give me a logical argument of how butler and brace over barwin made sense made sense

the funniest thing is that while these kool-aid guzzlers will credit the FO with the drafting of gronk, they just blow off the bad picks as 'you can't hit on every one' which means they're saying that the whole thing is luck........and little else

please.....give me a logical argument of how butler and brace over barwin made sense made sense
Yours is a bogus argument because you are taking one hit by any one of 31 other teams, comparing it to a couple of misses by one specific team, and coming to your conclusion. It is invalid scientific and statistical analysis.

By your logic the decision to start Ted Williams in his .400 season totally sucked because he made an out six out of ten at bats, while some other player that once hit a home run in that season was a better managerial choice.

I guarantee you I can easily make the same 'this team sucks at drafting' argument about every single team by cherry picking a couple of misses and comparing them to other available players. Apparently the never-been-to-the-playoffs Texans are the flavor du jour, replacing the Jets based on how their season has unfolded. Why people still go through this dumb exercise is beyond me.

Unless you are going to go through a blind, impartial study over of all draft picks by all 32 teams over a long enough period of time to accrue a decent sample size, then these 20-20 hindsight 'look at who's doing better than somebody else that was drafted' threads are totally meaningless.

the funniest thing is that while these kool-aid guzzlers will credit the FO with the drafting of gronk, they just blow off the bad picks as 'you can't hit on every one' which means they're saying that the whole thing is luck........and little else

I dont know what all these Kool-Aid kiddies are all up in arms about. Last time i checked this is a message board and he can post his thoughts as he sees fit. I happen to agree that Barwin would of been the better choice.Belichick has made some terrible picks and some great but dam would of love to have CB. Actually a little scared to post this cause i dont want the kool-aid kiddies coming though my walls offering me some :bricks: :p:rocker: :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

Yours is a bogus argument because you are taking one hit by any one of 31 other teams, comparing it to a couple of misses by one specific team, and coming to your conclusion. It is invalid scientific and statistical analysis.

By your logic the decision to start Ted Williams in his .400 season totally sucked because he made an out six out of ten at bats, while some other player that once hit a home run in that season was a better managerial choice.

I guarantee you I can easily make the same 'this team sucks at drafting' argument about every single team by cherry picking a couple of misses and comparing them to other available players. Apparently the never-been-to-the-playoffs Texans are the flavor du jour, replacing the Jets based on how their season has unfolded. Why people still go through this dumb exercise is beyond me.

Unless you are going to go through a blind, impartial study over of all draft picks by all 32 teams over a long enough period of time to accrue a decent sample size, then these 20-20 hindsight 'look at who's doing better than somebody else that was drafted' threads are totally meaningless.

try relevance for a change........

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye