PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

connor barwin....defensive POM

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're going to post something ******ed because you can't come up with a coherent counter-point or even a half-decent witty retort - don't bother.

hey....its a party of people with no logical retort.....

tell me....what's the system now? and what has been the sysstem that players were drafted for? when did the system change? do you think this change is permanent?

Hey, let's all point out everyone else's possible mistakes over the past couple years that absolutely nothing can be done about now. Sounds like a great way to go through life.

yeah......it's so much better than calling the FO a bunch of great personnel guys.

yeah......it's so much better than calling the FO a bunch of great personnel guys.

I must have missed the recent thread started to praise the personnel dept. Can you point it out to me?

Last edited:
We are 8-3, have the no. 2 seed, and here you are *****ing about our FO.

Good LORD!

and you continue to ignore the same issue that will have this team out of the playoffs again in 1 game. we found out last year what regular season record means.....

1) No new threads on Patsfans.com
2) Need something to do today...so makes a troll post.
3) ?????
4) Profit.

enhanced-buzz-15854-1300424464-1.jpg

Thanks for wasting our time Illegal contact.

Last edited:
are we talking 3-4 DL's or OLB's here?

WTF are you talking about? brace never played 2 gap, cunningham, spikes....none of them...

WTF does that have to do with the choices that were made?

you need to pull your head out of somewhere dark

So Brace, Spikes, and Cunningham have never played a down for the Patriots? Maybe they are huge busts.

I am not talking before they came to the NFL, I am talking at this point in their NFL careers. Few college systems use the two gap. To this day, Barwin has never played in a two gap and we have no idea if he would perform nearly as well in it.

Since you clearly don't understand the two gap system, OLBs in a 3-4, two gap have gap responsibilities. At least one of the OLBs in the Pats' 3-4 plays on the line and has gap responsibility.

I must have missed the recent thread started to praise the personnel dept. Can you point it out to me?

nope.....my post was meaningless....just like yours

tell me....what's the system now? and what has been the sysstem that players were drafted for? when did the system change? do you think this change is permanent?

There have been some changes to the system as BB has mentioned numerous times. Any changes were made due to the lack of OTA's and less training camp time. Do the research before spouting off.

I was just thinking to myself, which happens first this month?

• Pats suck at drafting thread
  • Pats defense sucks thread
  • Sign Randy Moss thread

And whether or not we would make it to the weekend before one of these threads appeared.

Lo and behold, the moment I log on my question is answered!

:deadhorse:

tell me....what's the system now?

Being as I'm not a New England Patriot coach or player I only know that we play variable gap-assignment fronts frequently platooning defensive lineman and linebackers with a focus on making the proper reads and playing situational football.

and what has been the sysstem that players were drafted for?

The same as above? :confused:

when did the system change?

Every offseason? This season, for instance, there was the much ballyhooed switch to a more predominant 1-gap 4-3 defensive front 7 alignment as opposed to our previous 2-gap 3-4/4-3 look that we played a lot last year.

do you think this change is permanent?

No, because they change stuff every year.

Bottom line - look at every FA we've brought in who didn't perform well here despite having had success elsewhere. Those players aren't suddenly all deciding to become bums once they get to our team. Some of them just had skillsets that were better suited towards different defensive or offensive systems.

Chad Ochocinco is about as glaring an example as you can find of a player who was elite at his position with another team but is struggling to adapt here. Look at what Maybin has accomplished with the Jets but wasn't able to do with the Bills.

Some people just aren't a good fit for a specific system. You don't rebuild your entire defense around one draftee so you try to draft the players who are the best fit for your team.

This isn't rocket surgery.

There have been some changes to the system as BB has mentioned numerous times. Any changes were made due to the lack of OTA's and less training camp time. Do the research before spouting off.

and so digging up carter and anderson and going to a 4-3 has nothing to do with the fact that the pats simply can't summon up a decent 3-4 OLB? gotcha

tell me again how this defense is bettern than last year

More sacks, less points given up and better on 3rd down.

There's 3 and 2 are the most important thing a defense can do other than generating turnovers.

Being as I'm not a New England Patriot coach or player I only know that we play variable gap-assignment fronts frequently platooning defensive lineman and linebackers with a focus on making the proper reads and playing situational football.

The same as above? :confused:

Every offseason? This season, for instance, there was the much ballyhooed switch to a more predominant 1-gap 4-3 defensive front 7 alignment as opposed to our previous 2-gap 3-4/4-3 look that we played a lot last year.

No, because they change stuff every year.

Bottom line - look at every FA we've brought in who didn't perform well here despite having had success elsewhere. Those players aren't suddenly all deciding to become bums once they get to our team. Some of them just had skillsets that were better suited towards different defensive or offensive systems.

Chad Ochocinco is about as glaring an example as you can find of a player who was elite at his position with another team but is struggling to adapt here. Look at what Maybin has accomplished with the Jets but wasn't able to do with the Bills.

Some people just aren't a good fit for a specific system. You don't rebuild your entire defense around one draftee so you try to draft the players who are the best fit for your team.

This isn't rocket surgery.

you didn't have to use that many words to say 'I don't know'

and you continue to ignore the same issue that will have this team out of the playoffs again in 1 game. we found out last year what regular season record means.....

So the Pats have already lost in this year's playoffs? Good! That means we won't hear from you until April of 2012 so you complain how they blew that draft. The Pats losing in the playoffs might be worth not having to be subjugated to your lunacy for five months.

nope.....my post was meaningless....just like yours

The difference is that you started a meaningless thread just to complain. I feel sorry for you.

Actually not really, you seem like a ****.

So Brace, Spikes, and Cunningham have never played a down for the Patriots? Maybe they are huge busts.

I am not talking before they came to the NFL, I am talking at this point in their NFL careers. Few college systems use the two gap. To this day, Barwin has never played in a two gap and we have no idea if he would perform nearly as well in it.

Since you clearly don't understand the two gap system, OLBs in a 3-4, two gap have gap responsibilities. At least one of the OLBs in the Pats' 3-4 plays on the line and has gap responsibility.

what's this OLB gap responsibility that you speak of?

and so digging up carter and anderson and going to a 4-3 has nothing to do with the fact that the pats simply can't summon up a decent 3-4 OLB? gotcha

Believe it or not, the Pats used a LOT of 4 d-linemen looks in previous years, just mostly on nickel and dime, passing down situations. With the lack of OTA's and a lot of younger players, it made sense to homogenize the defense so that the base D more closely matched the sub packages, thus cutting down on the learning curve. But don't let facts get in the way of your rage. It's probably just because BB and the Pats are incompetent.

The difference is that you started a meaningless thread just to complain. I feel sorry for you.

Actually not really, you seem like a ****.

LOL.........thank you

I'd call it a compliment from you except that once again, your post is void of any substance......well, except for calling me a name.....

you didn't have to use that many words to say 'I don't know'

I answered plenty of your questions. At this point your trolling is becoming transparent so I guess I should have expected this type of response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes