PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Connolly injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
you saw him get his
6a00d83451c7bb69e201156f2c3d7e970c-.jpg
?
roflmgdao!!!!!

If it is a concussion, then it's from the pounding he took from his teammates after his kr. He was taking some hellacious shots from Sergio Brown and Sammy Morris.

If the Pats are saying it's a head injury, it's probably a broken leg. :rolleyes:

Mankins was the real culprit on the OLine tonight. Connelly and a draft pick are the starting guards in 2011.

Actually, Koppen was a bigger issue than Mankins. Koppen is responsible for calling out the protections and Koppen blew it on the Bishop sack of Brady and the 2nd Raji sack. In fact, the Bishop sack was reminiscent of the Ray Lewis sack from the Play-offs last year.

Dan Connolly Likely Joining Ron Brace, Mike Wright on Patriots' Concussion List - New England Patriots - NESN.com - Jeff Howe

Right guard Dan Connolly suffered a head injury (speculation: probably a concussion) in the second quarter and he didn’t play in the second half, although he stood on the sidelines for a little while in a winter jacket and no jersey. His return to the game was originally listed as questionable. Connolly was replaced by Ryan Wendell.

There was a time a couple years ago that players on the Patriots were getting far fewer concussions than players on other NFL teams. At the time much of that was being attributed to the Pats use of the Maher Mouthguard. Has that changed? Has the manufacturer or design of the helmet changed? Are we simply hearing about more concussions because of the change in the NFL's policy regarding concussions - that they were not reported as frequently in years past? Or are these concussions just an unfortunate coincidence this year?

Last edited:
Dan Connolly Likely Joining Ron Brace, Mike Wright on Patriots' Concussion List - New England Patriots - NESN.com - Jeff Howe

There was a time a couple years ago that players on the Patriots were getting far fewer concussions than players on other NFL teams. At the time much of that was being attributed to the Pats use of the Maher Mouthguard. Has that changed? Has the manufacturer or design of the helmet changed? Are we simply hearing about more concussions because of the change in the NFL's policy regarding concussions - that they were not reported as frequently in years past? Or are these concussions just an unfortunate coincidence this year?
I agree ive never seen a team with so many concussions, its getting to be a weekly occurance.

And the money grubbing owners would like to add two more regular season games.:rolleyes:

Actually, Koppen was a bigger issue than Mankins. Koppen is responsible for calling out the protections and Koppen blew it on the Bishop sack of Brady and the 2nd Raji sack. In fact, the Bishop sack was reminiscent of the Ray Lewis sack from the Play-offs last year.

I agree on the Bishop sack but disagree on the Raji sack....It was all mankins fault....As an O-lineman you are taught inside out and big on big....He left Raji to pick up charles woodson really? So mankins wanted woodhead to pick up Raji? Mankins should have stayed on Raji and let woodhead take woodson....I am sure they will sort this out in the film room....

I agree ive never seen a team with so many concussions, its getting to be a weekly occurance.

Part of me wonders with the whole Ted Johnson story a few years ago, Kraft has made it a team policy to be overly cautious with this issue.

Based on what was reported, BB came out looking pretty bad re: making Johnson play when he was still suffering from PCS.

Last edited:
Part of me wonders with the whole Ted Johnson story a few years ago, Kraft has made it a team policy to be overly cautious with this issue.

Based on what was reported, BB came out looking pretty bad re: making Johnson play when he was still suffering from PCS.
Well the TJ situation was a while ago, i don't necessarily think that BB is being overly cautious (i think he is in general) i believe that there has been an increase in concussions for some unknown reason. Maybe its just coincidental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back