Welcome to PatsFans.com

Connolly injury

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by NEPatriot, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Any update? Sounds like a concussion. I don't even want to think about him being out.
  2. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +572 / 1 / -3

#75 Jersey

If it is a concussion, then it's from the pounding he took from his teammates after his kr. He was taking some hellacious shots from Sergio Brown and Sammy Morris.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  3. The Dynasty

The Dynasty Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The OL definitely needs him for the playoffs, hopefully he will be ready by then. The OL means so much to the team and Connolly is a major part to that.
  4. condon84

condon84 Rookie

Ratings:
    +59 / 5 / -2

I think they said he played some fullback down there on goal line after his KO return and he might have dinged his head while doing that.

I saw Wendell get his sh!t pushed in a couple of times in the second half.
  5. crowell33

crowell33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Mankins was the real culprit on the OLine tonight. Connelly and a draft pick are the starting guards in 2011.
  6. condon84

condon84 Rookie

Ratings:
    +59 / 5 / -2

Agreed. Mankins had a hard time against Raji tonight. He was fine when he was pulling and smashing a LB, but one on one against Raji was a different story.

I haven't seen a lot of GB games, but is Raji this good?
  7. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,363 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

You saw him get his [​IMG]?
  8. crowell33

crowell33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No Raji is not as good as he looked against Mankins tonight. Mankins is good, don't get me wrong, but I think he has proven that he should not be paid as the highest paid offensive guard in the history of the NFL ( or even close ).
  9. The Dynasty

The Dynasty Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hmm, I dont know hes pretty damn good. Do you think its a coincidence how much better the OL played after his return?
  10. USCPatriot

USCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree, its not very often, if at ALL talked about Mankins struggling. Mankins was going one on one with a guy almost a guy as big as Wilfork. Wilfork is CONSTANTLY double teamed, as to why the line refused to help Mankins is beyond me.

He deserves that contract imho, he was told to do his job, he did. Then suddenly things changed for the worst and the front office had to change the terms, it played out bad for both sides. The NFL is the culprit here, not being able to come up with a CBA.

If Kazur were here, all we would be talking about how bad the right side of the line is. So I think Mankins just had a rough day.
  11. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0

Mankins may have had a bad night, seems like it, and I'd be surprised if anyone here was as offended and pissed off by his holdout as I was, BUT -- Mankins needs to be re-signed, and I suspect he will be.
  12. bigcountry75

bigcountry75 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Mankins is a stud....The O-line (minus tonight) has dominated some of the best defenses in the league since he came back.....Raji is that good....He was a stud at BC and he has been doing great things in GB as well.....His is like VW in the fact that he doesn't have the stats to prove anything but he does get double teamed a lot which allows for Clay Matthews to go 1 on 1 and gets him lots of sacks.....Mankins just had a bad night I think and made a couple poor blocking decisions but overall since he has been back the O-line has been great.....Connolly needs to come back as we didn't run the ball effectively in the 2nd half when he was out.....
  13. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0

Koppen had a terrible night, too, imo.

Anyone smarter than I, please weigh in on whether or not those Raji, et al, jailbreaks were more on Mankins or Koppen. (I know, I know, probably a combo.) Thanks!
  14. Froob

Froob Rookie

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -3

#32 Jersey

Big blow to the return game as well if he's out for a while. Guess it's back to Tate *sigh*.
  15. WelshPat

WelshPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Instead of pointing the finger at our own guys, sometimes you just have to admit that the other team has good players and are being well coached.

I thought Capers defensive schemes were a step ahead of what we were doing most of the night.
  16. 37Harrison

37Harrison Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -2

#37 Jersey

That's exactly what I thought too.
  17. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

He's got 4 weeks to rest up barring a major collapse.

I think we can take the Bills without him. Remember, that is a damn good Packer team we just beat with all the injuries.
  18. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Thats what i was thinking.
  19. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,363 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

Why would anyone do that when it was as obvious as day that either one of Mankins or Koppen missed on the block of the second Raji sack?
  20. serifyn

serifyn Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The Patriots were focusing on keeping Clay Matthews from going crazy, which they were able to do pretty well, whenever you do this, you obviously get weaker in other spots, requiring more one on one matchups and RB blitz pickup.

The Patriots were at a disadvantage in the trenches tonight, green bay is one of the few teams with a D-line with so many weapons that they can break down your protection with a secondary who is good enough to cover short passes.

The Pats had a Similar problem in the Superbowl, the giants had a dominant D-line and had too many people to cover, they couldn't cover them all and once they get to brady he gets raddled and plays worse.

Brady when untouched is nearly unstoppable, but once you get to him, he turns into a different quarterback, and he isnt mobile enough pressure most of the time when they get near him.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.