PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Connolly got benched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a PFF guy but, if you're a believer, here you go:

Should they pay or should he go? Logan Mankins

I can't access the individual stats of Mankins on F.O., which I find to be a much better site but, as I said, if you're a PFF fan, there you go. Saying that Mankins is just an average pass blocker is simply not an accurate assessment, IMO.

I just go by what I see. Obviously i'm not BB, and its only my opinion. I could be guilty of what everyone on this board does with Light. Maybe im simply remembering some games that Mankins struggled, and forgetting the games he excelled in. It could be certain matchups that he struggled with, like Light against Taylor.

Bottom line, Mankins is the better choice at LG, and would help. I don't know anyone that would argue that......anyone who's smart :D
I simply don't want Mankins back because of the crap that has gone on. This is why I could never run the team ;)

thanks for the stats

The agent denied the accuracy of the numbers on the first rumored deal (offer of $7 million). Reiss reported that what was happening was that the Patriots were insisting on keeping this RFA season money as part of the deal, which would explain the difference between the rumored offer amount and the amount the agent was claiming.

According to Kraft's later interview (the one after Schefter's report about the public apology), the Patriots made an offer that was on par with the Mangold deal during that later round of negotiations.

How much of this is accurate is a question for history.

I take Reiss's version as the most likely story. Otherwises, we'd have to assume somebody is outright lying. I'd believe that of the agent, but not Kraft or Mankins.

My hope is that they put the contract back on the table as is with the RFA tender for this year plus the same pay for the remainder of the contract. It's a slight increase in pay with the bonus covering 4.5 years instead of 5 (or 5.5 instead of 6, whichever it is). However, it's still going to be pretty darn close to the Pats' opinion of market value, but it will be a pure positive for Mankins, who is already risking injury by returning in week 10 for the RFA tender. Hopefully, the Kraft notion of value doesn't change too much. They have to give something to get Mankins, and i like the notion of tying him up and saving those draft picks for a stud DL, the next OT, and OLB/RB help (in that order).

Oh what would those teams with elite rushers be?

The Pats have played all the AFC playoff contenders except the Steelers. The Steelers defesnive line is their weakness, not their strength this year, with most of their injuries there.

So All the playoff lines have already been handled by the Pats leftside of the Offensive line, and had only problems with the Chargers for a single half, before adjustments were made. The way the Chiefs and Chargers are playing, the Bolts may not even be in the playoffs...

The line had trouble w/ both the Ravens & Phins. We have the Steelers & Colts left to face, both teams with elite pass rushers. Either way, you don't want to design your line to be good against the decent DLs, but subpar against elite ones.

Last edited:
I take Reiss's version as the most likely story. Otherwises, we'd have to assume somebody is outright lying. I'd believe that of the agent, but not Kraft or Mankins.

Reiss' report lines up with the agent's story.

The Patriots last 3 opponents have been the Dolphins, Ravens and Chargers. In those 3 games, the Patriots have yielded 10 sacks. The total for the year is now 12 sacks.

Brady was sacked a total of 16 times all last season.

This is a very disturbing trend, and does not bode well at all for the future.

This offensive Line is deteriorating before our eyes. Mankin$ can't get here soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes