Welcome to PatsFans.com

Congressional Black Caucus Foundation sitting on Katrina donations

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInMaine, Dec 22, 2005.

1. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

Oh, come on, PFIM, you surely see the flaws in that argument.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,149 / 5 / -10

YOU WON'T HEAR TO MUCH ABOUT THIS, IT WOULD BE "POLITICALLY INCORRECT" TO CRITICIZE THESE PEOPLE, ALSO NO-ONE FROM THE "BUSH TEAM" IS INVOLVED.

IN THE BEGINNING THE GOVT WAS HANDING OUT $3000 DEBIT CARDS TO THE VICTIMS, THAT ONLY LASTED FOR A FEW DAYS, THE VICTIMS WERE BUYING BOOZE AND HAVING THEIR HAIR DONE, (NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT TO MENTION IT THOUGH)

NEW ORLEANS SHOULD BE "FLOODED" THEN TURNED INTO A LAKE, THE PEOPLE SHOULD BE RELOCATED TO OTHER PARTS OF THE COUNTRY AND GIVEN FREE "JIMMY CARTER" HOMES.
    IDEAL LOCATIONS FOR SUCH A MOVE WOULD BE "CAMBRIDGE MA" "SAN FRANCISCO" "BEVERLY HILLS" "HOLLYWOOD" "BERKLEY" "SOUTH HAMPTON" AMD "HYANNISPORT CAPE COD"

4. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +154 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

No there is none, The White hater caucus is a bunch of hypocrites, but you will not say anything about them because they are on the left.

5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,149 / 5 / -10

They're not only on the left, they're all democrats, but to the democrats they are nothing but "Votes".

6. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Please enlighten me then how your compasionate liberal heart can justify none of this aid being distributed to those in need. As I recall, many from the left were critical of the Pat Robertson group, Operation Blessing, collecting aid for hurricane victims. Don't get me wrong, I am no big fan of Pat Robertsons, but his group Operation Blessing was in fact on the ground giving food, water and other assistance to victims. Where was the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation?

7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

PFIM, I assume the black caucus was not collecting the money as emergency money. They were collecting it for other reasons. Some possibilities are, perhaps, that the money will be used to draw attention to the plight of displaced residents, to engage in PR to help the victims in ways they are not now being helped, to pay for bus tickets to help people return to the affected areas, or they might use it (if it's not earmarked for nonprofit) for support political efforts to strengthen the levees.

Remember, how the Red Cross was accused of not using some of its 9/11 funds right away? The Red Cross had a number of reasonable explanations. I assume that's the case here, and the only reason its made news among conservatives is because do not want the Black Caucus to use the money to draw attention to the issues facing the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

At any rate, the victims of Katrina will face all sorts of problems for at least a year or two, I would think.

8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,149 / 5 / -10

:singing: :singing: :singing: .........................