PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congratulations to the Jets on a great season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I know half of you hate the Jets with such a passion that you that offering "Congratualtions" is the last thing to be thinking of at this point.

But even given the surprising amount of bravado and smack issued by a few of the Jets before the game, I feel its still fitting to congratulate the Jets on a great season. None of us - including me - gave them much credit coming into the season. They stuck together, bought into the BB-like philosophy of Mangini, ignored their detractors and made the playoffs.

They've got a lot to be proud of.

Now all that being said, I know the Jets think Mangini is a coaching genius. He may be but its FAR too soon to tell. The Jets - for once - had a pretty injury free season. It's pretty easy to look good when everyone's healthy.

It's the times when injuries and unforseen circumstances strike (as they so often do with the Patriots) that set the good coaches apart from the great.

But for now, as we rightfully bask in our victory - I tip my hat to the Jets for a season well played.

Last edited:
I know half of you hate the Jets with such a passion that you that offering "Congratualtions" is the last thing to be thinking of at this point.

But even given the surprising amount of bravado and smack issued by a few of the Jets before the game, I feel its still fitting to congratulate the Jets on a great season. None of us - including me - gave them much credit coming into the season. They stuck together, bought into the BB-like philosophy of Mangini, ignored their detractors and made the playoffs.

They've got a lot to be proud of.

Now all that being said, I know the Jets think Mangini is a coaching genius. He may be but its FAR too soon to tell. The Jets - for once - had a pretty injury free season. It's pretty easy to look good when everyone's healthy.

It's the times when injuries and unforseen circumstances strike (as they so often do with the Patriots) that set the good coaches apart from the great.

But for now, as we rightfully bask in our victory - I tip my hat to the Jets for a season well played.

Amen, to that.

They really outplayed expectations and deserve praise for that. Pennington has come back from 2 rotator cuff surgeries to do what he has done. The guy has the heart of a champion. Count me impressed.

They played a solid half of football, and kept it close for three quarters. Kudos to a team that overachieved, and exceeded expectations this season. It is the Jets, not the Dolphins, that will run with the pats for the next few years.

Agreed. Mangina really turned this team around. Kudos to the Jets.

Amen, to that.

They really outplayed expectations and deserve praise for that. Pennington has come back from 2 rotator cuff surgeries to do what he has done. The guy has the heart of a champion. Count me impressed.

Not to mention Herm Edwards used to coach that team.

I'll endorse that.

At the end of the game, I thought: yes! we've just watched a chess game between two great players. The depth of thought that went into it on both sides was awesome.

So credit to the Perfidious Penguin. You could see him twisting and turning to make what he could of his resources (the screens, reverses and play-fakes in the third quarter were brilliant) but, in the end, they weren't enough. What a contrast to the spineless and unimaginative game we saw the Jets' former coach serve up yesterday. When he has a running back and a few better linemen he will be a real threat. Pennington, Coles, Cotchery, Vilma, Miller are already a pretty good core.

Great game: credit to the Jets!

I'll give it up to the Jets team for showing up. The end result was as I predicted but, the Jets played better than I thought they would.

The jets played smart and were well prepared. they should be good for years to come as they will get better too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots