Welcome to PatsFans.com

Congratulations to the Indianapolis Colts!!

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by Cartwright, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cartwright

Cartwright Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Bunch of whiners here. It is as if you think if one team gets called for PI, the other must get one back. I was at the game, the PI on the dude covering Clark (Ivy) was a good call. Clark was mauled and unable to make a play on the ball...and the flag came out quickly. Wayne was clearly interfered with late in the second quarter. Ray Lewis clearly leads with head, direct hit to Collie, have to make that call. Brackett?? He didn't make contact with the receiver...and as we know...face guarding is not a penalty anymore. Too bad your man was all up in Wayne's grill..making contact in that AFCCG!!!

Baltimore was clearly the inferior team last evening. Colts are fast, they tackle well, and play smart football. Great decision making (punting on 4th at midfield earlier in game, going for it from the 35). One more play with 7 seconds to go in the half.

Contrast that with Harbaugh's play calling on their last possession of first half...run...pass...pass. Ed Reed is a great player...but he's a vet, and got punked by a 2nd year player. You can't let that play happen.

Will be a tough game next week...I'll be there...cheering on the boys in blue!!!

GO COLTS!
  2. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -1

Congratulations on your team's win and good luck next week. The Colts were the superior team yesterday and deserved to advance.

Just wanted to point out that your opinion on the call on Ellis Hobbs from the play a couple years ago is off. In fact the league admitted they made a mistake and apologized to Hobbs after the fact.

State of the league is trouble ahead - Ask Vic on jaguars.com
    NFL apology Colt comfort for Hobbs - BostonHerald.com
    The above article is archived, but you can see it here:
    NFL apologizes to Hobbs - Football Forum - NFL, CFL & College Football Forums
  3. Cartwright

Cartwright Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Thanks for the well wishes. With all due respect to you...I would not hang my hat on some bogus report by a Jaguar hack. The guy hates the Colts, and has the same lame act as Bill Simmons....tries to stir the pot with a bunch of b.s. Similar in fact, the Whitlock (who at least writes a decent article 50% of the time).

I am not going to rehash all the calls of all the games that have gone against the Colts (could start with Kordell Stewart stepping out of the back of the end zone before catching a TD in the '95 AFCCG)...not going to do it....but again, please...don't put your eggs in that hacks basket.

EDIT: The only way I would ever believe there was a letter would be to see it and have it certfied as true by the league office.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  4. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -1

I understand the Jaguars are a division rival, and part of Ketchman's job is to stir the pot. But his original position was actually exactly the opposite; in fact, he was apologizing for originally taking the incorrect stance on the play in question.

In addition Ketchman gives specific names of two NFL officials that he spoke with. Seems to me if they never said that then one or both of them would have denied the report, as would the NFL front office.

Finally, Hobbs was never a loudmouth attention-seeker that denied responsibility. Simply put, he is not the type of guy that would say the NFL apologized to him for making an error if it was not true.

It's impossible to say what would or would not have happened had that call not been made. The call was made, the Colts capitalized and the Patriots did not recover. But that's not the point. The point is that the incorrect call was made, and in fact the NFL admitted as such. I'm just responding to your assertion that the flag was thrown due to actual contact; that's not the case.

Hobbs due another apology? - Hashmarks - ESPN
    Scout.com: Big Matchup for Indy: Wayne vs. Hobbs
    This isn't about rehashing questionable calls or playing out what if scenarios. I'm just saying the NFL admitted they made the incorrect call - even if you and I never physically saw that letter of apology.
  5. s.t.e.n.d.e.c

s.t.e.n.d.e.c Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sorry can't do it....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.