Welcome to PatsFans.com

Congratulations to the Boston PD and all of Law enforcement

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by SVN, Apr 19, 2013.

1. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,616 / 13 / -10

For finally capturing this guy alive. Iam an immigrant who lived in boston for 10 yrs before moving out west but consider it my home and so proud about the people and the boston police.

2. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +421 / 35 / -25

#12 Jersey

i say we start a new thread - who's better, Boston PD or NYPD? :D

3. drew4008

drew4008 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I only wish it was the other guy instead, as it seems evident he was the leading man and the biggest villain here. No doubt we'll get some good testimony that will give us some answers, but not to the same extent I feel.

4. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,932 / 28 / -22

#75 Jersey

I agree. The older one was the ringleader, went to Russia last year and had the connections. The kid brother seemed to be the follower. There won't be as much valuable HUMINT out of him.

It wasn't the police's fault the kid brother was such a lousy driver, though. ;)

Big ups to the BPD, the MBTA police (prayers for Officer Donohue), the Watertown police, MIT police (prayers for the memory of Officer Collier), the Mass State Troopers, the FBI, ATF and everyone else. Great teamwork, no turf battles, great skill and courage. They just showed the rest of the world the template for how to cooperate and do something well.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  5. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,537 / 20 / -8

#3 Jersey

As someone I know quipped:

6. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,616 / 13 / -10

I said this before today...I was listening to the Scanner radio most of last nite and today and its amazing how calm,patient methodical and even keel the officers were throught on the Radio. No raised voices, bad language , nothing.
    This was real police work which requires painstaking patience ,methodical step by step process and some luck to get the results unlike any hollywood depiction.

7. shmessy

Ratings:
    +2,932 / 28 / -22

#75 Jersey

BTW, watching from down here in Maryland, everyone I talk to here is amazed at the people of Greater Boston and how unbelievably cooperative the population has been. The law enforcement officials up there at the press conference were mentioning how tremendous the support and resilience of the residents has been.

Compare that to the concerning amount of looting that has been occurring in supposedly wholesome, small-town West, Texas (population; 2,807) this week: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/state&id=9070234

I have never been more proud of my home Commonwealth. You guys wouldn't believe how Massachusetts is being talked about in the rest of the country. The national anthem from the Bruins game Wednesday night is being played and replayed all over the nation.

You folks showed the world what a stiff upper lip is in the 21st century. As someone already has trademarked the new saying - - it is now "Keep Calm and Bost On".

BTW the other heroes are too many to enumerate this week. But a few:

-the first responders on Marathon Day - awestruck, just awestruck
    -Jeffrey Bauman Jr. - - if you don't know the name, google it. "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy..."
    - Julian Edelman and Bradley Cooper- - for getting to the hospital to pay homage to Jeffrey Bauman Jr.
    - Dave Henneberry - - for the most fortuitous smoke break in Massachusetts history
    - The hundreds of Greater Bostonians who, in less than 4 hours, listed onto the facebook page offering up their homes to out of towners - click THIS https://docs.google.com/a/mashable....i5dFNpRGdWd2pXZTN4a3Fza0VhVTRVaGc&output=html whenever you get down on humanity
    - Officer Sean Collier - RIP, hero.
    - Officer Richard Donohue, Jr. - Get well soon, hero.
    - Danny Amendola, Vince Wilfork and Bob Kraft - wow, just wow. Moving into charity action with swiftness, class and precision. So proud to be a fan of this team.
    - The Marathon Runners who kept on running 2 extra miles to MGH to give blood - already legendary
    - Joe Andruzzi - for doing what an Andruzzi naturally does in a crisis
    - Carlos Arredondo - superhuman.
    -Uncle Ruslan - the one truth teller of the Tzarnaev family

I'm forgetting a whole lot of others, and to them I am profoundly apologetic. I am typing this on 1.5 hours sleep (had between 5- 6:30am today. There has been some compelling television............)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  8. Sparetire

Sparetire Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

Finally! Thank god it ended with no further lives taken.

9. Patsgofor4

Patsgofor4 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +11 / 1 / -2

As a physician, I was shocked by the general lack of recognition last night for the doctors, nurses and ancillary staff at the hospitals who treated the victims. Not one of the many camera thirsty individuals who spoke last night as part of that media procession mentioned the medical personal who have worked tirelessly this week to save lives.

All 170+ of those injured this week survived (the 4 who were tragically murdered had already passed before they arrrived at the medical facilities). That only happens in Boston.

10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +814 / 26 / -33

Sorry to see you feel that way, having watched quite a bit of the coverage, thought that the Boston Medical Community was often lauded as the best in the nation along with the individual heroics that immediately took place right after the blasts... heard over and over again how quick response and excellent care kept the death toll down..

Sometimes when you are too close to things, everything gets skewed... last night was Boston PD's turn, your turn has pretty much happened all week.

The younger one will be in the Hospital for a while, as he is listed in serious condition..

11. Patsgofor4

Patsgofor4 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +11 / 1 / -2

Having said that, completely agree with the thrust of the thread.

I texted a friend in the BPD yesterday to make sure that he was ok, after reading about the officers who were taken to St. Elizabeth's with injuries sustained in Watertown in the early morning hours (he usually works nights).

I texted "Thanks for putting yourself out there for us". He replied "Thanks for the thanks. I'm happy to put myself out there, if that makes any sense."

12. stcjones

stcjones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +122 / 41 / -25

#12 Jersey

Amen bro....phenomenal job by the greatest police dept in the world, the brilliance by the FBI and all other law enforcement agencies, and military personnel.

Awesome techniques and strategy both physical and mental by all these folks. EVERYONE in Boston and the entire USA ....should be really thankful that we have such special and dedicated people to help in times of need. Really proud to be an American
    ...more every day..!

13. shmessy

Ratings:
    +2,932 / 28 / -22

#75 Jersey

Amen.

From what I hear, medical personnel at the BID, BGW, MGH, BMC and others worked straight through the first few days.

Unfortunate that "heroism" is defined today by whether or not a camera was on when it occurred.

I join you in being amazed at the fact that not one additional death occurred from the horrific injures after the 200+ people arrived at the hospitals of the city. That is an incredible feat and triumph of many heroic human beings.

(BTW, on Wednesday morning, WTOP newsradio here in DC did have a daylong conversation about whether DC could handle a medical catastrophe as well as Boston did. General consensus by the people of the DC/MD/VA was that there is only one Boston and it is basically the height of medical proficiency.)

14. brdmaverick

brdmaverick In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +85 / 3 / -0

#32 Jersey

I'm still just in absolute shock over the events that transpired.

I'm 30 years old, lived in Boston my entire life, and this year was the first Boston Marathon I've attended. The scariest day of my life. My wife and I were on our way to meet the rest of her family at the finish line (we were at the Sox game that just ended). The family we were meeting included my 5 year old daughter, who was brought into the city by my mother-in-law.

We were almost there. We were in front of Lord & Taylor's when the first bomb went off about 30 yards in front of us. Then the second bomb went off 20-30 yards behind us.

It was a terrible situation for any father. Here I am in the middle of this chaos knowing my daughter is 'somewhere' here but I am not with her. I only found out 40 minutes later that she was ok. (it turns out that the family had gotten hungry and was at the food court of the Prudential when it happened, thank goodness).

Of course, I still witnessed a unexplainable tragedy and have the deepest sympathy for friends and family of both the deceased and the ones badly injured. This is a significant life changing event for those who lost limbs, and I wish them a good recovery. This will seem rather lame but I hope they watch the movie 'soul surfer' for some inspiration.

anyways, the scene that unfolded in watertown yesterday was absolutely incredible. To see everyone come together to fight back the force of evil was amazing. I couldn't be more proud of the Boston PD, hospital workers, and Massachusetts after their response to this tragic event.

15. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +244 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

I am so glad you are ok. What an experience. Marathon day is usually one of the best days of the year. I loved watching the runners when I was in law school.

16. shmessy

Ratings:
    +2,932 / 28 / -22

#75 Jersey

I can't imagine being BETWEEN the two explosions.....and then desperately looking for my child.

What a horrendous 40 minutes that must have been.

So glad you and your family are all ok.

17. shmessy

Ratings:
    +2,932 / 28 / -22

#75 Jersey

I wrote the day it happened that the Boston Marathon, to me, is the pinnacle of human triumph.

Not just for the runners completing the incredible 26.2 physical journey. But the city and spectators and their unequivocal, cheering and support for all runners. It does not matter where a runner is from. If he or she is running the Marathon, that person is one of US and is treated like a cousin. Complete strangers are treated like family members. I've never seen that anywhere else in over 48 years of travelling this nation and the world.

It happens every Patriots Day in Boston.

No terrorist can defeat that. What Boston did AFTER 2:55pm on Monday April 15, 2013 only cemented that.

18. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +394 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

Great scene after the evil #2 was caught in Watertown. People lining the street cheering every police car, fire truck, EMT vehicle, and every marked and unmarked car going by. Really a great display form grateful people and by the looks on some of the officers faces as they drove bye, a very pleasent surprise. It was a great and unorganized tribute which are always the best.

Just one note. The Mass State police guys at the press conference are wearing the most funny looking hats I've ever seen for law a enforcement branch. Who ever thought that they looked good?

19. ForThoseAboutToRock

ForThoseAboutToRock Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

I also want to hand it to the media folks who were wiling to get out there amongst the violence and uncertainty. They were well protected by the police, for sure, but they were also in some crazy situations so that we who were sheltered in could get some kind of update. You could hear the stress in some of their voices.

BTW I'm not giving kudos here to the folks who took basic amounts of info and spun it up for the sake of filling air time. Not well appreciated behavior.

20. FirstAndGoal

FirstAndGoal 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +133 / 3 / -5

No one has more respect for the medical community in Boston than me but even I didn't think of it. I think people were so caught up in the focus on capture, it was a natural reaction.

The dedication of the medical community in this area has always been incredible and was during this crisis. I've been humbled on more than one occasion at my own limitations to help those I love only to have the medical community respond with godlike skills.

I, for one, want to thank them and know first hand how incredibly lucky we are to have the hospitals we do in the Boston area. If this marathon were anywhere else, I have no doubts there would be more deaths.