PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congratulations to Matt Cassel for his first 4th quarter comeback win

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point being is that folks put too much into 4th quarter come from behinds. In order to have 4th quarter come from behind you have to have been losing after 3 quarters. That is not playing consistent football.

All teams,consistent or not, sometimes end up in a position of needing to come from behind. How far behind is another matter tho. Given the fact one of the negatives surrounding Matt has been his difficulty making up lost ground should indeed be a reason to feel excited.

The ability to come from behind in the 4th quarter is ok by me:confused2:

A lot of people doubted our chances of winning having to come from behind, another NFL to-do for Cassel to check off his list.

That's big. Bledsoe was and Brady is 4th quarter comeback machines. Cassel is continuing the tradition in Brady's place this season.

Last edited:
Another very impressive 4th quarter comeback today!

Three 3rd down conversions on the final drive.

Of course our MVP is Welker today, absolutely phenomenal.

Congrats Matt..
I was surprised to see the pats were 0-5 if loosing going into the 4th..
you did great leading the team back.

Congrats Matt..
I was surprised to see the pats were 0-5 if loosing going into the 4th..
you did great leading the team back.

Of all the stats I've ever seen about the Patriots decade, I think this is the most remarkable one for me:

In the regular season, the Patriots have lost one game since 2001 when they had a lead at any point in the fourth quarter. Every other team in the NFL has lost at least seven such games in that time span.

LOL I saw a post of mine here and thought huh:confused: but it still stands today; The ability to come from behind in the 4th quarter is ok by me:D

Matt Cassel has ice water flowing through his veins!

Very impressive closing drive by Cassel. He didn't get 300 yards but I'd say the way he finished the game made it just as impressive as a 300 yard performance.

I consider this Cassel's second major comeback.

His 70 yard TD drive with 1 minute left and no timeouts while trailing against the Jets was extremely impressive and unfortunately he won't get credit for any game-winning drive or for a comeback.

His 70 yard TD drive with 1 minute left and no timeouts while trailing against the Jets was extremely impressive and unfortunately he won't get credit for any game-winning drive or for a comeback.

Except in his wallet, from the GMs who'll see that drive. . . . :)

If the first was the Rams, and the second was the Jets, then this is the third.

But give credit to the defense, too. For the first time in a looooong time, they held firm and then made the big play to cinch the win.

I want to congratulate to the D, specially Brandon for his FINAL SACK!

the D SEALED the game even though they STRUGGLED EARLIER.

I'll add my congrats to Matt...he did an outstanding job when the game was on the line today.

Does anyone know what's wrong with BenJarvus Green-Ellis? That kid was running better than any of the current Pats RB's. Is he hurt?

Also, one thing Mr Cassel really needs to improve upon is his downfield passing skills. When he throws the long-ball, my heart sinks. I rarely see him hitting someone in stride in passes over 30-40 yards.

Also, one thing Mr Cassel really needs to improve upon is his downfield passing skills. When he throws the long-ball, my heart sinks. I rarely see him hitting someone in stride in passes over 30-40 yards.

You must have hated Brady's 1st couple seasons.

not to be downer, but would the St. Louis Rams game count as a fourth quarter comeback?

If I recall correctly the Patriots were losing to the Rams in the fourth quarter and ended up winning the game.

not to be downer, but would the St. Louis Rams game count as a fourth quarter comeback?

If I recall correctly the Patriots were losing to the Rams in the fourth quarter and ended up winning the game.

Yeah, this an old thread...probably from the Rams game.

This is when this topic was originally made, I bumped it this week.

On another note though this is actually the first game the Patriots have won this season trailing at the start of the 4th quarter, being 0-5 in that situation before today.

You must have hated Brady's 1st couple seasons.

Why even compare Cassel to Brady? Brady's problem was he would over throw on the long ball while Matt typically under-throws. And Cassel's been in the NFL for 4 years while Brady started in his second season.

but I don't want to get into any comparisons between the two. Tom Brady deserves at least that much respect.

Well after Today Matt's stock is up to a Second Rounder after last weeks train wreck performance.;)

Last edited:
A lot of people doubted our chances of winning having to come from behind, another NFL to-do for Cassel to check off his list.

Next thing to check off: Winning three more to have a chance at the playoffs.

Oh...and doing the last one in the middle of a snowstorm.

:singing:

We should probably temper our excitement knowing the Seahawks have the worst defense in the NFL....not being a drag, just sayin the facts.

NOw, if Cassel can do that against the Ravens defense...then we're talkn'!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye