PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congratulations to Jerod Mayo who will surpass 100 tackles this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Amazing season by this young rookie and has the potential to topple 150 tackles this regular season :eek:

Give Jerod a little love and congratulations to an outstanding rookie season and his first of many 100+ tackle seasons!

Steve Nelson has the Pats record of 207 tackles in a season and Hardy Nickerson has the league record of 214, so maybe Jerod can challenge those records in a few years ;)

Last edited:
Amazing season by this young rookie and has the potential to topple 150 tackles this regular season :eek:

Give Jerod a little love and congratulations to an outstanding rookie season and his first of many 100+ tackle seasons!

Steve Nelson has the Pats record of 207 tackles in a season and Hardy Nickerson has the league recrod of 214, so maybe Jerod can challenge those records in a few years ;)

lets hope the other 10 guys are never that awfull that mayo gets anywhere near 200 tackles in a season

200+ is f'in insane... huge props to the guys who did that, cause that's just crazy.

Tackles is an over-rated stat and one that is very misleading. Peter King did a story at the beginning of the year about how the Tackles stat is very misleading and often a PADDED stat. He used the 49ers and Patrick Willias as well as the Colts as just 2 examples of this. The Colts actually had more than 2 full tackles per defensive play last season.

Tackles is an over-rated stat and one that is very misleading. Peter King did a story at the beginning of the year about how the Tackles stat is very misleading and often a PADDED stat. He used the 49ers and Patrick Willias as well as the Colts as just 2 examples of this. The Colts actually had more than 2 full tackles per defensive play last season.

Kind of like baseball's Win/loss record.
Give me the lower ERA every time.
Still, Jerod has had a great rookie season, making Belioli look good in the process.

Its an overrated stat, but it's still important.

SOMEONE has to make a tackle. If Mayo didn't make those 100 tackles, who wouldve? Alexander? He might only have 75 tckls at this point.

Kind of like baseball's Win/loss record.
Give me the lower ERA every time.
Still, Jerod has had a great rookie season, making Belioli look good in the process.

No. Cause team totals will always be 162 unless a player is traded.

That was an interesting article, felt before this year that this type of stat would not be seen on the Pats as they focus on team defense.. personally do not think this is a good thing as what it points to too much focus on a Rookie and or one player.. think that Mayo is gonna be great, but also notice some arm tackling and missed tackles.. he is a rookie, with a great future.. being around Seau will help him a lot.

No. Cause team totals will always be 162 unless a player is traded.

Pretty sure he meant a pitcher's win/loss record versus their ERA, not the team's.

Pretty sure he meant a pitcher's win/loss record versus their ERA, not the team's.

Thank you, Drew4008.
I guess I didn't put that quite right.

Mayo currently has 96 tackles, 77 of them solo. He leads all defensive rookies by 20 tackles.

I don't put much stock in tackle numbers, Lawyer Milloy lead the team in tackles when he left. Let's be happy more tackles are being made at the LB level than the safety level.

He used the 49ers and Patrick Willias as well as the Colts as just 2 examples of this. The Colts actually had more than 2 full tackles per defensive play last season.

Mayo currently has 96 tackles, 77 of them solo. He leads all defensive rookies by 20 tackles.

If anything, though, the Pats actually undercount tackles. In fact, when the Pats coaches went through and reviewed the JEST game, they credited Mayo with 23 tackles. :eek:

Last edited:
One of the few bright spots to this season & to my fantasy team. :singing:

Mayo is the man, but why are we congratulating him for something that he hasn't done yet?

I fail to believe that Mayo, as good as he is, will have 100 tackles this week. The Seahawks wont have have 100 plays, so I do not see HOW this is possible.

If he gets 3 tackles then blows out his knee, I'm holding you PERSONALLY responsible >:-(

One of the few bright spots to this season & to my fantasy team. :singing:
I, on the other hand, was all set with Moss, Welker, and Gostkowski on my team....and then Brady got hurt. oh wells......:(

I, on the other hand, was all set with Moss, Welker, and Gostkowski on my team....and then Brady got hurt. oh wells......:(

I do hope you didn't get rid of Gostkowski. :)

I do hope you didn't get rid of Gostkowski. :)

I kept them all, but obviously i lost a lot of points this year. it was my first year doing it. I recovered from a 3-8 start to just missing the playoffs on a tiebreaker. DOH!!!!!!

If Mayo gets injured and put on IR this week before he gets 100 tackles, we will be coming after you. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back