PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congratulations Pittsburgh Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats Dino and Triggerfish. Thanks for the great game and congrats on the season and championship. Holmes really stepped it up when needed the most, with Ward less than 100%. Roethlisberger was like Houdini back there, and the team was able to overcome Polamalu's mistake on the Fitzgerald TD. Enjoy the victory; hopefully we can meet next January.

Thanks! It's been a fun year to be a Steelers fan for sure! Ben seems to be developing into quite a "clutch" QB, Holmes looks to be the BIG threat this team needed, and the defense was just awesome to watch all season. We too had our share of injuries to overcome and a tough schedule as well. Almost every game this season had my heart racing and blood pressure through the roof, since they almost always seemed to let teams hang around instead of finishing them off! But it was a fitting ending to a tremendous season, and I couldn't be happier.

I agree with my man Dino....I'll be hoping for Tom and the rest of the boys to have a speedy and complete recovery this offseason, and I'd love to see our teams meet again next year! :)

Congrats to the organization, class from top to bottom.

Most of the fans are a different story I hope I can effectively avoid them this week.

Congrats :rocker:

AMEN dude! I kinda think it's hilarious that Pats fans hate the Steelers SO much, that they have to make up all of these ridiculous excuses for why the Steelers won, why they shouldn't have, and why their win is somehow less meaningful than a Pats SB win! :rolleyes: You guys can get pissed all you want, but I only bring up last year's SB to make a point. The Giants were very much like Arizona. No one thought they'd get out of the first round let alone get to the big game! And when they did make it to the SB, no one gave them a prayer against the Pats! They obviously earned their way into the SB, and they proved they were worthy by BEATING an undefeated Pats team! So, all of this crap about this or that team being the worst SB team in history is just that.....a load of crap. Obviously this Arizona team was much better than given credit for. They sealed their division early, and slacked off the last half of the season because of it. Wins didn't matter at that point. But when they needed to come up big, they did! And against tough opponents like Carolina, Philly, and they came damn close to being champs!

Patriots fans hate the Steelers? This entire thread is Steeler ballwashing by Patriots fans. You played and beat two cupcakes in the Super Bowl, no need to get defensive about it. We played a cupcake last year and lost (or as you called it, a debacle).

Speaking only for myself, I don't hate the Steelers; despite what that moron Porter said (We'll never, ever, ever, ever, ever get to THEIR level; what level exactly was that in 2004 anyway Porter you ******?).

Thanks to the Steelers, the Colts have one less Super Bowl (the 2005 playoff game the Steelers won in Indy) and we've got two, which we won by going through you.

Twice.

At your house.

So that's two for us, one less for the Colts and two less for the Steelers.

And for all of that, I say "Thanks Steelers" and I hope we meet you in the AFCCG next year at your house so we'll be 3-3.

Now go celebrate your huge "win" over the powerhouse Cardinals Triggerfish.

Patriots fans hate the Steelers? This entire thread is Steeler ballwashing by Patriots fans. You played and beat two cupcakes in the Super Bowl, no need to get defensive about it. We played a cupcake last year and lost (or as you called it, a debacle).

Speaking only for myself, I don't hate the Steelers; despite what that moron Porter said (We'll never, ever, ever, ever, ever get to THEIR level; what level exactly was that in 2004 anyway Porter you ******?).

Thanks to the Steelers, the Colts have one less Super Bowl (the 2005 playoff game the Steelers won in Indy) and we've got two, which we won by going through you.

Twice.

At your house.

So that's two for us, one less for the Colts and two less for the Steelers.

And for all of that, I say "Thanks Steelers" and I hope we meet you in the AFCCG next year at your house so we'll be 3-3.

Now go celebrate your huge "win" over the powerhouse Cardinals Triggerfish.

Well, I guess you're missing my point. I don't think the Giants really WERE a "cupcake" last year, and I don't believe the Cards were a "cupcake" this year! They weren't given some kinda magical golden ticket into the Super Bowl. They earned it by beating 2 very good teams.

As far as Porter is concerned, you're exactly right. He always was and always will be a ******. I was so happy when the Steelers sent him packing. He's all talk and not enough action.

You're absolutely right. You guys have had our number in recent years. I was bummed that Brady got hurt this year, cause I knew when we beat you it wouldn't mean as much. Too bad. I really do hope that our teams meet again in '09!

Thanks...I will be celebrating our "huge win" as you call it. Call it whatever you want. A win is a win, and I'd rather be celebrating that than being bitter about a loss, (kinda like you guys?) ;)

The Giants were absolutely a cupcake last year, a 10 win team. Brady was hurt in the Super Bowl last year and had trouble moving in the pocket. They lost, end of story.

The Cardinals were a joke of a team, 9 wins, they beat an overated Carolina team and got past the Eagles by the skin of their nuts; the Eagles would have given your Steelers a much better game.

That said, the Cardinals almost pulled it off and would have were it not for a boneheaded INT by a veteran QB who should have known better in that situation; relax and take the 3 worst case scenario, instead he hands the Steelers 7 and the game on a silver platter.

Bitter about what loss? The Cardinals loss? Who the eff cares. The loss vs the Giants? I got over it. I'm just a fan, just like you are. The joy of a win and the sorrow of a loss fades pretty quickly dude. It's not life or death, it's the toystore of life sports is.

Try dealing with an illness in your family or a potential job loss like thousands of Americans are in both cases everyday.

I won't be the one taking that loss last year to my grave, every player and coach on that team will, not I.

Your team won this year, hooray for you.

Life goes on for the rest of us and in a couple of days, it will go on for you too.

It amazes me, as a pats fan, how other pats fans try to belittle the super bowls of other teams. Everyone thought we would walk over the panthers and eagles, but they turned out to be very close games. Does that mean our wins didn't mean as much? Same with the giants, but we ended up losing. Then everyone wants to belittle the giants saying one and done. Technically, at this time after the first super bowl win against the rams, the pats were one and done (went 9-7 and missed the playoffs). The giants could win the next two super bowls. Someone has to win the super bowl, and it can't be the pats every year. It doesn't take away from what our team has done either.

It amazes me, as a pats fan, how other pats fans try to belittle the super bowls of other teams. Everyone thought we would walk over the panthers and eagles, but they turned out to be very close games. Does that mean our wins didn't mean as much? Same with the giants, but we ended up losing. Then everyone wants to belittle the giants saying one and done. Technically, at this time after the first super bowl win against the rams, the pats were one and done (went 9-7 and missed the playoffs). The giants could win the next two super bowls. Someone has to win the super bowl, and it can't be the pats every year. It doesn't take away from what our team has done either.

Amost exactly what I was getting at. If it's a Pats SB victory, it's a huge win over a tough team. But if it's any other team, there's a million and one ridiculous attempts at somehow minimalizing their win. "Cupcake" opponents, bad officiating, lucky plays, the "other team" handed it to them.....blah blah blah. I guess I just don't get that mentality. Sure, I'd love to see the Steelers win the SB every year, but that's not gonna happen. Regardless of who wins, good for them in my book! I don't care who the two teams are in the big game. They obviously both deserved to be there. Like I said, no team is given a free pass and allowed to skip ahead to the SB. If they're in the chanmpionship game, they've beaten playoff caliber teams to get there! I don't really see how any team in the SB could be a "cupcake".

"I don't really see how any team in the SB could be a "cupcake"."

Cupcake=LA Rams, Seahawks, Cardinals, Chargers, Falcons, Patriots in 86, Bills 3 out of 4 times, Giants twice.

There have been quite a few "cupcakes", just because you don't see how it's possible doesn't mean it's not so.

Congrats on the win for the 298th time.

"I don't really see how any team in the SB could be a "cupcake"."

Cupcake=LA Rams, Seahawks, Cardinals, Chargers, Falcons, Patriots in 86, Bills 3 out of 4 times, Giants twice.

There have been quite a few "cupcakes", just because you don't see how it's possible doesn't mean it's not so.

Congrats on the win for the 298th time.

LOL....I was shooting for 300, so we're ALMOST there! Tell ya what....let's just agree that I'm right and leave it at that. :D

Speaking of leaving, feel free anytime............

"Likewise man....:D"

This is a Patriots forum and I'm a Patriots fan, why would I leave "man"............

I don't know. Why would I leave?? Because apparently I annoy YOU? I think there's gonna need to be a better reason.

"Why would I leave??" Because it's a Patriots fan site and you are not a Patriots fan, how's that for starters.

"Because apparently I annoy YOU?" Up until you started spouting crap about us cheating our way to three Super Bowl titles, no clambrain, you did not annoy me. After that, you most certainly did.

Pretty simple really.

As a simpleton, you should be able to get it.

I think maybe you're taking my little reference to Spygate a little out of context. All I was trying to do was make a point that it's a little ironic for a Pats fan to be spouting off about the Steelers SB wins being "tainted" due to steroid use. I personally don't think the whole SpyGate thing was that big of a deal. Just something for the media to grab onto and have a field day with. Regardless of what I think about SG, do you not see the irony in a Pats fan creating a controversy and then crying "tainted"!?? The post wasn't even directed at YOU. I was referring to the comment made by SignBradyBaby (or something like that). Now, I realize you guys are a little sensitive about the whole SG thing (and rightfully so), so I apologize if my post offended you. I was just trying to make a point that those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. As much as you Pats fans HATE the SG controversy, I just found it a little weird that someone here would go so far as to say the Steelers wins were "tainted".

I don't hate the spygate controversy, it really doesn't bother me one bit. Teams have tried to steal other teams signals in both football and baseball for years; why do you think OC's cover their mouths with the playchart when they call plays? It's so noone can read their lips as idiotic as that may seem. Anything to gain an advantage over the other team, the Colts OL coach is a master at stealing signals.

The Patriots did it, other teams did it, that is why the commissioner issued a memo to stop doing it, the Patriots were dumb/arrogant enough to keep doing it and got caught. Don't you find it ironic that they went 16-0 AFTER they got caught, imagine the sh!tstorm if they had gotten caught THIS year, then all the nitwits would really be up in arms.

The morons who want to taint the Super Bowl wins due to spygate are just grasping at straws; "Oh, THAT'S how they won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years, I KNEW it had to be due to cheating, noone in the salary cap era is that good!"

I recall members of your team crying about it too; "Oh, THAT'S how they came to our house not once but twice in the AFCCG and beat us, those CHEATERS!!!" This from a team that basically introduced steriods to football as did the A's to baseball. Again, whatever you have to do to win, you get paid to win, not to come in second. Pro athletes who use steriods, HGH, whatever to gain an advantage do so at their own professional risk (fined, suspended, banned from the league, etc) or personal risk (health issues later in life).

Pro athletes have a short shelf life, so they have to do what they have to do to get better, play longer, etc, etc. I don't have a problem with what the Steelers of the 70's did, it's professional sports.

As far as all the fingers being pointed at the Patriots for Spygate (those wins are tainted, you guys cheated, frauds, etc, etc), I could care less.

They won those games and there's nothing anyone can do about it now, let them cry all they want, it's over and done with. As far as how they will be viewed years from now, who the **** cares.

Last edited:
I don't hate the spygate controversy, it really doesn't bother me one bit. Teams have tried to steal other teams signals in both football and baseball for years; why do you think OC's cover their mouths with the playchart when they call plays? It's so noone can read their lips as idiotic as that may seem. Anything to gain an advantage over the other team, the Colts OL coach is a master at stealing signals.

The Patriots did it, other teams did it, that is why the commissioner issued a memo to stop doing it, the Patriots were dumb/arrogant enough to keep doing it and got caught. Don't you find it ironic that they went 16-0 AFTER they got caught, imagine the sh!tstorm if they had gotten caught THIS year, then all the nitwits would really be up in arms.

The morons who want to taint the Super Bowl wins due to spygate are just grasping at straws; "Oh, THAT'S how they won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years, I KNEW it had to be due to cheating, noone in the salary cap era is that good!"

I recall members of your team crying about it too; "Oh, THAT'S how they came to our house not once but twice in the AFCCG and beat us, those CHEATERS!!!" This from a team that basically introduced steriods to football as did the A's to baseball. Again, whatever you have to do to win, you get paid to win, not to come in second. Pro athletes who use steriods, HGH, whatever to gain an advantage do so at their own professional risk (fined, suspended, banned from the league, etc) or personal risk (health issues later in life).

Pro athletes have a short shelf life, so they have to do what they have to do to get better, play longer, etc, etc. I don't have a problem with what the Steelers of the 70's did, it's professional sports.

As far as all the fingers being pointed at the Patriots for Spygate (those wins are tainted, you guys cheated, frauds, etc, etc), I could care less.

They won those games and there's nothing anyone can do about it now, let them cry all they want, it's over and done with. As far as how they will be viewed years from now, who the **** cares.

I agree. I definetly DON'T believe that the Pats were the ONLY team to steal play calls. I DO think they were a little foolish by getting caught after they were already warned. I seriously doubt any of it effected the outcome of the games that terribly much.

The same applies to the Steelers of the 70's. Does anyone in their right mind believe that every other team in the league WASN'T juicing back then? This isn't pony league. This is PRO football, and these players, coaches, owners, gms, ect. are in the BUSINESS of winning games.....at ANY cost.

As far as MOST people are concerned, all of this will be forgotten years from now anyway. Much like the Steelers wins. Sure, there will always be a few who just love a good conspiracy who will talk **** about it to their graves. But what the majority will remember is that great Pats Dynasty of the 2000's and those Steel Curtain boys of the 70's (and hopefully we get a little cred for the 2000s too).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes