PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congratulations Pittsburgh Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the Steelers, but they deserve their due. They won their sixth Super Bowl. Not going to say the Cards were robbed because I did think there was bad officiating going both ways although the Cards got the worst end of the stick by a bit. The Steelers did step up when they had to and won the game though. Can't fault that.

Last edited:
...except the Cardinals HAD to score a TD and were actually making progress with their limited time.

Contrast that to us, we only needed a FG, and yet we called 4 straight slow developing bomb plays to end the game...

I'm shocked. A swipe at Josh McDaniels in an unrelated thread. That is so unlike you maverick. Don't tell me you are jumping off the McDaniels bandwagon.

Last edited:
I hate the Steelers, but they deserve their due. They won their sixth Super Bowl. Not going to say the Cards were robbed because I did think there was bad officiating going both ways although the Cards got the worst end of the stick by a bit. The Steelers did step up when they had to and won the game though. Can't fault that.

Meh. How many have then won since Brady was born?

Our team is the real class of the NFL. Can't wait for next year. We will avenge the lost season of 2008.

Last edited:
Meh. How many have then won since Brady was born?

Our team is the real class of the NFL. Can't wait for next year. We will avenge the lost season of 2008.

Give them credit where it is due. I hate the Steelers, but they do have a great history. The Steelers have one less Championship and Super Bowl appearance since the Pats had their first. They have two rings this decade. It is more than any other team that isn't the Patriots.

Ouch... Saying that hurt. However, I do think they are a class organization.

Having said that. Go Patriots! Let's get back on top where we belong!

**** the steelers. i dont care if im a sore loser, im sick of a-hole steelers fans talking ****. **** the bastards.

...except the Cardinals HAD to score a TD and were actually making progress with their limited time.

Contrast that to us, we only needed a FG, and yet we called 4 straight slow developing bomb plays to end the game...

If this is the last thing I say on this board about THAT game, I'd be a happy man. Hopefully it is:

But that is the one thing that burns me the most about that game, and it's something that gets overshadowed among the other suckiness. Why on earth do you not play for a FG on that final drive?

You know the Giants are playing a deep shell over the top. You have three timeouts, 35 seconds, and crappy field position. You have two burners, Moss and Stallworth, to clear out whatever defense lurks underneath, you can send Gaffney on a fly pattern too, and then you have Welker and possibly Watson underneath. 45 freakin' yards was all that needed to be gained for a 47 yard FG attempt. Why, WHY WHY WHY call slow, painfully developing verticals? There's no doubt in my mind that they could have taken the 40-50 yards to get a FG shot in that one at the end. There's no way the Giants were going to be beaten deep, none. That third and 20 pass was beautiful to watch in the air; Brady got it 70 in the air, easily, and Moss seemed to have a step... and the coverage was STILL there. The best offense in the history of the game executed a play perfectly... and it still wasn't enough to complete a pass.

When Warner completed that ball to Fitzgerald on his final drive, the last drive of SB 42 was the first thing that popped into my mind. What happens if New England has first and ten from their own 40 with 29 seconds left and two timeouts? 20 yards for an incredibly difficult chance, 25 for a tough chance, 30 for a more realistic chance. 3 plays to get 30 yards...

The playcalling on that final drive is the one thing that will stick out most for me because it is the least talked about flaw of that game. We can (and have) go over all the other crap ad nauseum, but we seem to, for the most part, ignore that drive.

Oh, and congrats Pittsburgh, I guess. I can't stand the fan base, strongly dislike most of your players, and hate the fact that your team got, and mostly needed, a TON of breaks in two Super Bowls this decade. But you've got the world champs, and that's worth something.

I really hate to bring up bad memories, but does NY GIANTS ring a bell?? The only difference is that the Pats couldn't take care of their "cupcake". ;)

LOL. Your crappy line wouldn't have been able to block that Zulu hoard for a nano second. The Giants D was infinitely better than Seattle and Zona. But somewhere in the deep recesses of your knuckle dragging, mouth breathing mind you knew that already, eh?

Back in our 12/7 meeting at Heintz Field when we had a 13-3 4th quarter lead(and nursed it after a goalline stantz), when Pitt mounted a comeback, partly thanks to Santonio Holmes, and won on a Romo pick 6...I knew the Steelers were bound for destiny from there. It was just a funny feeling in my bones that things were going their way at the right time.

Back in our 12/7 meeting at Heintz Field when we had a 13-3 4th quarter lead(and nursed it after a goalline stantz), when Pitt mounted a comeback, partly thanks to Santonio Holmes, and won on a Romo pick 6...I knew the Steelers were bound for destiny from there. It was just a funny feeling in my bones that things were going their way at the right time.

Another cupcake opponent in the SB didn't hurt their cause either.

Thanks!

Um...how do I get a name change?

Seriously...I was so sick when Fitz took that ball to the house...then...Ben steps up and just delivers on the last drive. Just a huge Wow.

Fitz took it to the house too early. If he took a dive on the 2 yard line just before going in. They could of made Pitt use all their TO's before they scored and essentually iced the game.

I really hate to bring up bad memories, but does NY GIANTS ring a bell?? The only difference is that the Pats couldn't take care of their "cupcake". ;)

A million and 1 helmet catch didn't hurt either. And if the zebras not called holding on every play like they did against Zono last night. Let's face it....Seymoure was mugged on the bull**** velcro helmet catch.

See ya next year... healthy and ready to dominate again!

Last edited:
Ouch... Saying that hurt. However, I do think they are a class organization.

Having said that. Go Patriots! Let's get back on top where we belong!

Congrats Steelers.

You had the benefit for a Tom Bradyless league.

*XLIII - Steelers win SB with Patriot's QB Tom Brady out for year.

A million and 1 helmet catch didn't hurt either. And if the zebras not called holding on every play like they did against Zono last night. Let's face it....Seymoure was mugged on the bull**** velcro helmet catch.

See ya next year... healthy and ready to dominate again!

Yea, here we go with the woulda, shoulda, coulda stuff. :rolleyes: But that's not my point. Anyone from the Pats fanbase whining about "cupcake" opponents in the SB should take a second to remember last year's debacle. Very similar to this year's matchup. No one was giving the Giants a chance THROUGHOUT the playoffs. They were dogs in every post-season game, but they got hot at the right time and were able to sneak into the Super Bowl, where AGAIN, no one thought they had a chance of beating the mighty Pats. The Giants played a great game, and although I know NO ONE here was happy about the outcome, that game will go down as one of the best SBs ever!

The same scenario for the Cards. Nice cinderella story, but no one gave them a chance of beating the Panthers, Eagles, or the Steelers. And they came oh so close to pulling off another upset, much like the NYG last year.

Yea, here we go with the woulda, shoulda, coulda stuff. :rolleyes: But that's not my point. Anyone from the Pats fanbase whining about "cupcake" opponents in the SB should take a second to remember last year's debacle. Very similar to this year's matchup. No one was giving the Giants a chance THROUGHOUT the playoffs. They were dogs in every post-season game, but they got hot at the right time and were able to sneak into the Super Bowl, where AGAIN, no one thought they had a chance of beating the mighty Pats. The Giants played a great game, and although I know NO ONE here was happy about the outcome, that game will go down as one of the best SBs ever!

The same scenario for the Cards. Nice cinderella story, but no one gave them a chance of beating the Panthers, Eagles, or the Steelers. And they came oh so close to pulling off another upset, much like the NYG last year.

If Jeremy Shockey didn't go down, the Giants would have made an early exit in the playoffs. Shockey was a crybaby cancer who was always in Eli's ear. Without him, Eli looked much more relaxed, was able to emerge as a leader, and had an easier time just throwing it to the open guy.

The Cards were a much different team in the playoffs as well-Whisenhunt made adjustments to run a more balanced offense, plus when his team **** the bed late in the year, he gave them an ultimatum to shape up or get benched for the playoffs. Previous Cards coaches like Denny Green would have just stuck their heads in the sand.

Congrats Dino and Triggerfish. Thanks for the great game and congrats on the season and championship. Holmes really stepped it up when needed the most, with Ward less than 100%. Roethlisberger was like Houdini back there, and the team was able to overcome Polamalu's mistake on the Fitzgerald TD. Enjoy the victory; hopefully we can meet next January.

Congrats Dino and Triggerfish. Thanks for the great game and congrats on the season and championship. Holmes really stepped it up when needed the most, with Ward less than 100%. Roethlisberger was like Houdini back there, and the team was able to overcome Polamalu's mistake on the Fitzgerald TD. Enjoy the victory; hopefully we can meet next January.

Thanks, here's to you guys getting Brady back healthy, and over the mountain of injuries you guys had this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back