PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congratulations JETS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatSunday

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Congratulations, Jets! You are now the 3rd worst team in the AFC East. Had you lost to the Bills like you were supposed to, you'd be 8-8 and so would the Bills--tied for worst team in the AFC East.

Miami has the same Season Record, Division Record, Home Record, Away Record, but one more win in the AFC conference than the Patriots. So, they advance. Their toughest opponent was us. Our toughest opponents were Pittsburgh and Indy.

Starting now, the Patriots are set to enter the off season and next season as the best or second best AFC East team. The Jets are starting the off season as the worst team. This is before any games will be played. At least the Bills coach has two quarterbacks and an extension, and a consistent 7-9 record over three years--almost good enough to make playoffs this year in other divisions. The Jets, on the other hand, have to figure out their quarterback and coaching situation.

Well, at least they go into the offseason over the cap, with no QB of the future or present (Favre will be gone whether he plays next year or not), Mangini as their head coach, and Pats bound to get significantly better next season with the return of all their IRed players. At least they have that going for them, which is nice.

yes.. the jets went for broke this season and failed miserable..
almost makes up for the pain of the pats missing out (well, not really).

I'm taking a few days off this coming week. I intend to sit in my house, drink a few beers, pay the bills, and just chill. I swear to heck, if I were to go out and see anyone wearing any JESTS laundry, I'd probably end up in jail. I will go to my grave convinced that Favre threw that last pick intentionally to screw over both the JESTS & New England.

I'd post what I really wanted to say, but that would likely get me a lifetime ban, so I won't say anything else but "Here's to next year! Go Pats!"

yes.. the jets went for broke this season and failed miserable..
almost makes up for the pain of the pats missing out (well, not really).

Yeah, it was pretty bad judgement on their part. The only addition that workled out well for the Jets was Kris Jenkins, but even he was invisible the last month of the season. Calvin Pace had a fast start and disapeared for half the season. Favre had about 4-5 good games and was a liability for more than that. Faneca was average. Woody was less than average. Law was a liability.

When they cut Favre they will be back under the cap, but will have to start Clemens. The future is not so bright in new jersey. The disadvantage of going all in.

Should be good on WFAN tomorrow... :rolleyes:

I have watched the Jets for the last two games, and they absolutely blow goat. I have never seen a football team just fall into the fetal position and fold like the Jets have the last two weeks.

Are you guys excited for the playoffs? Do you play Baltimore next week?

Are you guys excited for the playoffs? Do you play Baltimore next week?

You know what? The Pats lost Tom Brady for the year in the first quarter of the first game of the season and still went 11-5 and by some fluke that hasn't happened since 1985 didn't get in with 11 wins. The Jets were relatively healthy all year after loading up in the offseason and still ended up in third place in the division that didn't even have Tom Brady and lost to the QB they unceremoniously dumped right before the season.

I am disapointed that the Pats didn't get into the playoffs, but I am proud of this team. I know if it wasn't for a flukey year, they would have gotten in and might have done some damage based on how they are playing now. Can you as a Jets fan say the same thing?

You know what? The Pats lost Tom Brady for the year in the first quarter of the first game of the season and still went 11-5 and by some fluke that hasn't happened since 1985 didn't get in with 11 wins. The Jets were relatively healthy all year after loading up in the offseason and still ended up in third place in the division that didn't even have Tom Brady and lost to the QB they unceremoniously dumped right before the season.

I am disapointed that the Pats didn't get into the playoffs, but I am proud of this team. I know if it wasn't for a flukey year, they would have gotten in and might have done some damage based on how they are playing now. Can you as a Jets fan say the same thing?

Not tonight....they are all way to drunk.....

I thought you guys had a great season. To win 11 games was very impressive. You deserve to go the playoffs, no doubt you were a better team then the Dolphins.

The Jets were building a team the right way and then they decided to bring in Brett Favre. Favre had something like 25 picks and was absolutely horrible the last 5 weeks. He took the Jets out of the playoffs, he will probably get Mangini and fired and he ruined your season. I hate Brett Favre and while I certainly don't like the Pats I'm sorry for you guys that he ended your season as well.

Congrats Jets, you may have finally stunk it up enough to get rid of Mangina.

IFavre had something like 25 picks and was absolutely horrible the last 5 weeks. He took the Jets out of the playoffs, he will probably get Mangini and fired and he ruined your season. I hate Brett Favre and while I certainly don't like the Pats I'm sorry for you guys that he ended your season as well.

That over rated ****wad redneck goober cost us this season AND back in 2002 as well when he played yet another 'Favre being Favre' epic INT riddled choke the last game of 2002 costing the Pats a tie breaker.

I will throw something thru the TV if I hear a ballwasher like Madden or somesuch fellating Favre again.

That over rated ****wad redneck goober cost us this season AND back in 2002 as well when he played yet another 'Favre being Favre' epic INT riddled choke the last game of 2002 costing the Pats a tie breaker.

I will throw something thru the TV if I hear a ballwasher like Madden or somesuch fellating Favre again.

He is absolutely horrible. The Jets were 8-3. Everyone got a little crazy in talking about the Jets making the SB. in Favre's last 5 games:

2 touchdowns/9 interceptions

QB Ratiings:

He is absolutely horrible. The Jets were 8-3. Everyone got a little crazy in talking about the Jets making the SB. in Favre's last 5 games:

QB Ratiings:

I'm agreeing with Jets fans again.

Someone, Kill Me NOW!!!

QB Ratiings:

but come on, he was voted to the pro bowl, he has to be good :rolleyes:

but come on, he was voted to the pro bowl, he has to be good :rolleyes:

Yeah the pro bowl is a joke. I've never seen a QB play as poorly as Favre played the last 5 weeks. It's almost like he stopped caring.

Brett Favre is the most over-rated QB in the history of the NFL. I have AWLAYS thought that and boy, oh boy, I still do. What a POS. Pro-bowler my arse! What a freakin' joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes