PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congratulations Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I guess I just saw the game differently. The Pats have always had a bend but don't break style defense and giving up 16 points on the road is fine by me. Now the offense, zero touchdowns, etc.,( don't get me started ).

Our 1st half points came on drives that were filled with Jets penalties. We were beneficiaries today...but never took full advantage.

Is it just me, or did the defense seem a lot more aggressive, fast, and downright nasty in the preseason when the first unit played? I saw play after play early in games when the first unit D was sent flying at the QB and getting sacks. It seems they've reverted to playing coverage again rather than going after the opposing QB.

maybe pryor should be given more a change on 3rd and longs at least

It seemed like NY had the running and short passing game to make our linebacker wanting D look bad. Good job on that score. There was a short stretch and one run where Washington looked like a pinball going through the middle, but solid overall. Good pressure 1st half.

Second half, not so good. Don't know the problem. We certainly didn't get prsessure, though.

Notice that Chris Gasper of the Boston Globe ranks Guyton's performance as one of the highlights of todays game.

We have a defense that is playing without Bruschi, Harrison, Vrabel, Hobbs, Seymour and Mayo.

This is a new group trying to play together. They gave up 16 points.

BTW, the special teams made some mistakes, but the defense did fine with the lost field position. The special teams did score on all their field goal opportunities.
================

The bottom line is that giving up 16 points should be enough to get congratulations and easily win a game against the jets or anyone else.

We have an offense throwing the ball 50 times a game and averaging less than 14 points a game, and we're worrying about the defense?????

Last edited:
We have an offense throwing the ball 50 times a game and averaging less tha 14 points a game, and we're worrying about the defense?????

Exactly.

For the 1000th time, teams simply do not win SBs with unbalanced pass-happy offenses. Teams with pass-happy offenses who can't put points on the board never get to SBs in the first place.

the D was solid.

what i want to know is... where was Burgess?! i didn't hear his name called all game.

the pass rush as a whole is severely lacking.

16 points against. 10 of those came on drives where the Jets started around midfield. Forced a turnover that gave us the ball deep in Jets territory. Good outing IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back