PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congratulations Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowell33

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
A fantastic effort by our young defense, on the road, in a very hostile environment. Guyton was fantastic in the middle. Wilhite solid in coverage. Wilfork, Warren, Wright and Green had excellent line play. McGowan was a force against the run (did Meriweather play today ?). Even though the offense was seemingly 3 and out all second half, the defense continued to respond.
Nice effort by the defense.

A fantastic effort by our young defense, on the road, in a very hostile environment. Guyton was fantastic in the middle. Wilhite solid in coverage. Wilfork, Warren, Wright and Green had excellent line play. McGowan was a force against the run (did Meriweather play today ?). Even though the offense was seemingly 3 and out all second half, the defense continued to respond.

Agreed. I thought the D played pretty well...a few mistakes but good overall. They will gel and get stronger as the season progresses. The O was a complete mess. EXTREMELY disappointing O play today. Good job to the Pats D.

Last edited:
We should have been good today, it was a rookie Qb...

We should have been good today, it was a rookie Qb...

Behind a damned fine offensive line alongside some great backs...
Leon Washington is a PITA...
So I'd say the defense certainly held their own.

[stating obvious]Special teams/offense/penalties were the key to our loss tonight.[/stating obvious]

-Jamman

Last edited:
Yeah, we did great. Just barely lost to a rookie QB making his 2nd NFL start who wasn't allowed to throw the ball in the first half.

The line certainly isn't what it was. But they did an excellent job in the 4th forcing 3 punts getting Brady 3 opportunties. Unfortunately Moss was shut down by Revis. That Jets D is looking pretty good.

LOL, if we give up 16 pts to the other team, im ALWAYS going to be happy with that....

the problem was the offense, 100%

Guyton played ok in the first half . he was horrible in the second. he was very indecisive about what gap he was going to fill and ended up get blown out of the play seveal times.

This d still cant cover the middle of the field and get off 3rd down. not a very good start to the season

LOL, if we give up 16 pts to the other team, im ALWAYS going to be happy with that....

the problem was the offense, 100%

Completely agree. We had about $30 million in cap space doing nothing today between Tommy, Moss and Adalius Thomas. (yeah I know, AD plays defense).

Meh, IDK. We gave up many third and longs (again) and those kill momentum.

Meh, IDK. We gave up many third and longs (again) and those kill momentum.

Agree, the team is still giving up way too many 3rd downs; the DC needs to call a damn blitz here n there. The defense is way too damn vanilla.

Guyton played ok in the first half . he was horrible in the second. he was very indecisive about what gap he was going to fill and ended up get blown out of the play seveal times.

This d still cant cover the middle of the field and get off 3rd down. not a very good start to the season

Yeah I guess I just saw the game differently. The Pats have always had a bend but don't break style defense and giving up 16 points on the road is fine by me. Now the offense, zero touchdowns, etc.,( don't get me started ).

guyton's reads mightve been a little slow but it looked like he was playing off the line to make use of his speed

guyton's reads mightve been a little slow but it looked like he was playing off the line to make use of his speed

Guyton lead the defense with 10 tackles today. I'm thinking the zero touchdowns from the offense was the problem today.

I saw Guyton get taken out of too many run plays today. Hopefully avoiding the center is a skill he can learn. Too many 3rd and long successes by the Jets.

The BAD news is our D played the best of all the units today. Offense was outa sync and ST kick returns & coverage was poor.

Before we get high on the D for the low point total remember that was a rookie QB the D faced, NOT Rivers or Manning.

I saw Guyton get taken out of too many run plays today. Hopefully avoiding the center is a skill he can learn. Too many 3rd and long successes by the Jets.

The BAD news is our D played the best of all the units today. Offense was outa sync and ST kick returns & coverage was poor.

Before we get high on the D for the low point total remember that was a rookie QB the D faced, NOT Rivers or Manning.

really? well, in case u missed it, it was the JETS defense we played, not TEN, not PIT, and not Baltimore.....

did i miss something or did sanchez have tons of time in the second half passing? I would have liked to see a little more blitz

Agreed if that’s Peyton back there he will 400 yards and 6 TD passes for the day. This D has to make some plays did we even tip a pass today in the secondary. The O needs to get some rhythm going

I wouldn't call it fantastic by any stretch. They gave up over 200 yards in the second half, some key 3rd and longs, and the gamewinning TD. Our offense was putrid in comparison in the 2nd half though and carries the majority of the blame for the loss.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes