PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congratulations Colts Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayoclinic

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations on keeping your 18 game win streak and recent history of beating the Pats alive. Any time you score more points than the opponent you deserve to win.

I thought we thoroughly dominated the game and should have put the Colts away in the second half. We have no one but ourselves to blame for the loss, and we gave the game away. But the Colts did what great teams do - they find a way to win, whether they dominate or are outplayed. We opened the door, and you guys were too good not to take advantage of it.

I hope we get another chance at you in the playoffs.

Congratulations on keeping your 18 game win streak and recent history of beating the Pats alive. Any time you score more points than the opponent you deserve to win.

I thought we thoroughly dominated the game and should have put the Colts away in the second half. We have no one but ourselves to blame for the loss, and we gave the game away. But the Colts did what great teams do - they find a way to win, whether they dominate or are outplayed. We opened the door, and you guys were too good not to take advantage of it.

I hope we get another chance at you in the playoffs.

The Patriots won and lost the game. But wishing the Colts fans congrats is right. The same as saying congrats to a lottery winner.

The Patriots won and lost the game. But wishing the Colts fans congrats is right. The same as saying congrats to a lottery winner.

Not true.

The Pats lost the game, but the Colts had to win it. They outscored us, and they made the plays when it counted in the last 5 minutes. We opened the door, and they took advantage of it. We didn't think we were lottery winners when we did the exact same thing to Buffalo in week 1. Give them credit for not going away and making the most of their chances when we blew it.

Congrats again. Hope we get a second chance and destroy them.

The only good thing about this game? I think if they play again the Patriots win easily. They will not make the same mistake again.What sucks? The Patriots out played them and should have won.

Hey Mayo,

This game reinforced what i was thinking come next April, we need OLB bad!

Any good prospects out there? Can Greg Hardy play OLB or is he strictly a 4-3 DE?

TY, about mid-way through the 3rd, I was looking at the playoff picture for the 8-1 Colts, thinking 14-2 may not be enough to get a 1st round bye. As someone said here today, this is a good yard-stick game.

We ran the ball respectively well by our standards, considering you guys were in nickel/dime defense for the 2nd half. Our 2ndary isn't as good as we thought it was. And our young WRs are by no means reliable.

For you guys, Vollmer is a find and a half. People here were talking him up all week, and I just thought I'll believe it when I see it. Wish we'd picked him with our 1st. Am thoroughly impressed by him.

Hopefully we'll get Hayden & Gonzo back, you'll get your RBs, warren and whoever else you're without back, and we can do this again late-January.

Not true.

The Pats lost the game, but the Colts had to win it. They outscored us, and they made the plays when it counted in the last 5 minutes. We opened the door, and they took advantage of it. We didn't think we were lottery winners when we did the exact same thing to Buffalo in week 1. Give them credit for not going away and making the most of their chances when we blew it.

Unfortunately I have to agree with this. We had chances to put the game away but we didn't.

Time to move on.

We still have control of our division.

I am shell shocked.

Vollmer is my guy...... all you back off. He was my favorite pick of the draft. I have stated this many times and in the '09 draft pick thread.

PATS beat themselves as usual.:eek:

I am shell shocked.

Vollmer is my guy...... all you back off. He was my favorite pick of the draft. I have stated this many times and in the '09 draft pick thread.

PATS beat themselves as usual.:eek:

The way we were playing in september, we would have had no chance in this game. We lost by 1 pt on the road to the Colts. Both the offense and defense are getting better, only bodes well in january. This loss hurts but i see good things for this team going forward.

That game was crazy. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I'll be around. Good luck the rest of the year, just not too much.

Not true.

I disagree. The referees decided the game for the Colts again.

I disagree. The referees decided the game for the Colts again.

They blew the call, yes.

But there were many other things we blew, that they had nothing to do with. We had RZ problems again.

Time to move on.

I have to give the Colts credit, they sure know how to win games.

I have to give the Colts credit, they sure know how to win games.

Wouldn't it be nice to be the team that always pulls out the close games, even when not playing our best. Oh yeah, we used to be that team ... almost forgot.

Pats had their chances to put that game away & failed..All these missed opportunities in the red zone will come back to haunt you vs. teams like Indy..That maroney fumble on the 1 or 2 yard line was damn big but the referees didn't win the game for Indy..NE gift wrapped it to them.

Wouldn't it be nice to be the team that always pulls out the close games, even when not playing our best. Oh yeah, we used to be that team ... almost forgot.

I remember it well. Now we seem to lose so many more of the very close ones. I wonder what changed.

other than the time we beat the bills and ravens this year.

I remember it well. Now we seem to lose so many more of the very close ones. I wonder what changed.

Different Assistant coaches. Knack of getting away from the run game. Lack of agressive defensive playcalling, which could explain the reason we seem to cause fewer turnovers than we used to.

They should of punted it on 4th and 2. It's too much of a risk to go for it on your on 28 yard line. Giving up the ball to the Colts just made their win much easier. That's how I honestly feel even though I feel the refs blew the call on 4th and 2. Things will progress during the season and hopefully they will learn from their mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back