PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats to Wes Welker on making history

Status
Not open for further replies.
It used to be Revis trying, without success, to shut him down. He was impossible to stop back then. I think he's slowing down :(, he's been riding the top for a long time. I'm no longer sure we should pay him huge money. Smaller money, that's okay.

Lmao, that must be why he is having one of the best seasons for any WR in the league. He must be moving really slow in Madden, because he has played great in the real thing.

Back on topic.

well done Wes.

**** the begrudgers.

The amazing thing about Wes is he's continued to perform under duress, be it from facing double coverage or battling through injury. If only all Tom's weapons could show his consistent mental and physical toughness and durablity and fight imagine what this team could do...

In the same game when he passed his "go to receiver" status to his successor brandon lloyd.:rocker:
Niners took Welker out of the game...almost always double covered...and he was Manhandled" every series. Once they made Lloyd the primary target..they scored 28 unanswered points..besides..Lloyd is too much of a wussy to take hit's like welker AND..they play 2 completly different rolls as receivers on this team!!!:eek:

Last edited:
You don't actually watch the games, do you?

I agree that Welker remains the "go-to" guy in hot read situations, but not the only one.

It was encouraging in the absence of Rob Gronkowski that Lloyd caught 10 passes for 190 yards and Hernandez also caught 10 passes against a max pressure defense. The 49ers did a nice job in the slot on Welker, but the other guys picked up the slack.

With Gronkowski back, Brady will have four legitimate go-to guys when the Patriots face weekly top-flight defensive lines and pressure schemes.

Last year around this time it was Hernandez, Welker and Gronk. Ochocinco provided less than zero. Lloyd showed some real chops in both the deep game and in the mid-range sideline and crossing patterns the last two weeks. That will be huge when the playoffs roll around.

I also like Llloyd's numbers on the season with two games to go: 67 catches, 840 yards receiving, average 12.5 ypc. There's a comfort there now with Brady that makes him a much more dangerous weapon that was not there a few weeks back.

Last edited:
I agree that Welker remains the "go-to" guy in hot read situations, but not the only one.

It was encouraging in the absence of Rob Gronkowski that Lloyd caught 10 passes for 190 yards and Hernandez also caught 10 passes against a max pressure defense. The 49ers did a nice job in the slot on Welker, but the other guys picked up the slack.

With Gronkowski back, Brady will have four legitimate go-to guys when the Patriots face weekly top-flight defensive lines and pressure schemes.

Last year around this time it was Hernandez, Welker and Gronk. Ochocinco provided less than zero. Lloyd showed some real chops in both the deep game and in the mid-range sideline and crossing patterns the last two weeks. That will be huge when the playoffs roll around.

I also like Llloyd's numbers on the season with two games to go: 67 catches, 840 yards receiving, average 12.5 ypc. There's a comfort there now with Brady that makes him a much more dangerous weapon that was not there a few weeks back.

I agree, great to see Lloyd stepping it up, it appears the work to get on the same page between Brady and Lloyd is paying dividends. If Loyd continues this with Gronk coming back and Hernandez fully back this offense is going to be brutally trough to defend in the play-offs.

Niners took Welker out of the game...almost always double covered...and he was Manhandled" every series. Once they made Lloyd the primary target..they scored 28 unanswered points..besides..Lloyd is too much of a wussy to take hit's like welker AND..they play 2 completly different rolls as receivers on this team!!!:eek:

Aaron hernandez is the wussy of the offense. Lloyd will be brady's go to target for years to come after welker leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes