PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats to Wes Welker on making history

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure he's not gonna give a damn about it, but Wes F***in' Welker just became the first player in NFL history with FIVE 100-reception seasons.

To TPTB(B): PAY THE BEAST. :rocker:

Yeah. Great.

I thought maybe this was about drops in a season

"That's quite a feat for such a small man"
-Troy Brown condescendingly to Wes during interview one post-game show

Really letting Felger rub off on him

In the same game when he passed his "go to receiver" status to his successor brandon lloyd.:rocker:

Last edited:
In the same game when he passed his "go to receiver" status to his successor brandon lloyd.:rocker:

:rolleyes:

I dunno, but I'm guessing that the 49ers actually made stopping Welker a point of emphasis.

no...you CANNOT congratulate Patriots players for any accomplishments, CT...they are supposed to make every catch and score ten touchdowns a half...get with the program...Kerley is a better reciever with way more "ceiling!!!!!" than Welker...just ask Ray ray 19 or one of his ASSistants here...

Maybe tomorrow or the next day I wil congratulate him. I am still a little upset with him for being a complete non-factor until the second half.

Pay.

Da.

Man.

Wow - a thread is created to congratulate one of our best players on a pretty monumental achievement, someone who brings so much to the offense, and at least half of the replies to the thread are slating him.

Some of you guys need to have a word with yourselves.

Last edited:
This is a major achievement and puts him firmly in NFL HOF first ballot consideration - his body of work is amazing. He can catch and pass four Hall of Famers in career receptions before this season is over - Charlie Joiner, Michael Irvin, James Lofton and Marshall Faulk.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rec_career.htm

Last edited:
He's pretty good, you think?

Impressive accomplishment congrats but if you ask him he'd take a win last nite.

Wow - a thread is created to congratulate one of our best players on a pretty monumental achievement, someone who brings so much to the offense, and at least half of the replies to the thread are slating him.

Some of you guys need to have a word with yourselves.

You can't really blame them, the only football they have ever watched is Madden, and Welker isn't that much of a factor in video games. Production doesn't matter there, only height, weight, and 40 time. So being one of the best players to ever play the game doesn't register with them, they are too busy drooling over Chad Jackson and Mike Williams.

I thought maybe this was about drops in a season

You should really be more focused on what your jets are going to do with Ryan and Sanchez, not the Patriots.

Yep, just as jerry Rice did to JJ Stokes. he's a Hall of Famer too, right?

You don't actually watch the games, do you?

It used to be Revis trying, without success, to shut him down. He was impossible to stop back then. I think he's slowing down :(, he's been riding the top for a long time. I'm no longer sure we should pay him huge money. Smaller money, that's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots