PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats to....... the five Patriots named to Pro Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
10869334_866891296683775_6163885734853404461_o.jpg

Earl Thomas's impact on the field, cannot be measured by stats. He's a rangy FS, with great instincts and cover skills( plays from hi to lo and gains depth), that provides a powerful force for Seattle's cover 3 defense/ cover one scheme. His versatility allows players such as Kam Chancellor to play the "robber " position, and he also helps to crush route combinations and plays such as HI Lo Crossers (see SB hit on DT). He's a marvelous player, and when you study him on flim, you clearly see him display proper tackling techniques, and you also see him create great tackle angles. Without him, Seattle would not be able to play the aggresive style of defense they do.

Denver has 9 players voted in (they lead the league). Fitting since they wont be in the Superbowl. Hope they enjoy it.

Ever since they let fans vote some of the Pro Bowl selections have been hot garbage.

I agree. I always voted Patriots players. And then players of another team I was liking during the season. And if any was left I'd vote for a player I thought played well during the season.

But this season, I voted for Patriots players and then voted for players nobody would vote for the pro bowl. Turns out I was wrong because I voted for Gostkowski and Cundiff. Cundiff was 4th in pro bowl voting at one point. I guess everyone else has the same philosophy lol!

Devin McCourty got snubbed yet again...

TJ Ward is a ****ty overrated player who is no where near the same level as McCourty.

They could've at least gave McCourty the nod now and then let Ward go once the Patriots run over his dirty-play ass on our way to reaching the Super Bowl.

They snubbed Sheldon as well.

Screw the pro bowl.
Yeah no Sheldon Richardson is a joke. Guy has been a beast from what I've seen of him this year

Also think one of Hightower or
Collins deserved recognition (if not both). They'll get their turn in the future if they continue to progress, though.

I'm amused that the two kickers are a Patriot and an ex-Patriot.

As the old expression goes, there are lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Stats for secondary players are pretty weak which can lead people to make terrible judgments. Using "stats," you could make the same argument for Perrish Cox deserving a Pro Bowl spot over Darrelle Revis.

Revis: 47 tackles, 1 FF, 2 INTs, 14 PDs
Cox: 53 tackles, 0 FF, 5 INTs, 18 PDs

Nobody in the world would make that argument because it's idiotic. But if you only judge by ineffective stats, you'd reach some pretty ridiculous conclusions.

Earl Thomas's impact on the field, cannot be measured by stats. He's a rangy FS, with great instincts and cover skills( plays from hi to lo and gains depth), that provides a powerful force for Seattle's cover 3 defense/ cover one scheme. His versatility allows players such as Kam Chancellor to play the "robber " position, and he also helps to crush route combinations and plays such as HI Lo Crossers (see SB hit on DT). He's a marvelous player, and when you study him on flim, you clearly see him display proper tackling techniques, and you also see him create great tackle angles. Without him, Seattle would not be able to play the aggresive style of defense they do.
Dude you have no idea what you're talking about. Clearly Woodson has more sacks. Get a clue.

Collins - should have been taken over Kuechly who has not had a good year. Collins is better in coverage and is the brains behind the #1 seed

McCourty - We have the best secondary in the league and outside of Earl Thomas he has been better the other FS

Browner - I know her missed the first 5 games but he has been dominant matching up with the likes of Megatron, TY hilton, etc

No Collins, Hightower & McCourty shows how much of a joke the Pro Bowl is

The Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. The Steelers were openly lobbying for Lawrence Timmons, and he got voted in. Compare the impact of Timmons and Collins/Hightower:

Timmons: 121 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 PD, 0 INT, 0 FF.
Collins: 112 tackles, 3 sacksm 3 PD, 2 INT, 3 FF, plus a blocked FG for a TD on STs.
Hightower: 89 tackles, 6 sacks, 1 TD, 0 INT, 2 FF.

No Collins, Hightower & McCourty shows how much of a joke the Pro Bowl is

The Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. The Steelers were openly lobbying for Lawrence Timmons, and he got voted in. Compare the impact of Timmons and Collins/Hightower:

Timmons: 121 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 PD, 0 INT, 0 FF.
Collins: 112 tackles, 3 sacks, 3 PD, 2 INT, 3 FF, plus a blocked FG for a TD on STs.
Hightower: 89 tackles, 6 sacks, 1 TD, 0 INT, 2 FF.

Collins - should have been taken over Kuechly who has not had a good year. Collins is better in coverage and is the brains behind the #1 seed

Pro Bowl voting is done by conference, so Kuechly is irrelevant.

Pro Bowl voting is done by conference, so Kuechly is irrelevant.

It actually isn't anymore. They stopped that when they went to the pro bowl draft crap. That is why there are 4 AFC Quarterbacks and only 2 NFC QBs. Many other positions are lopsided like that as well (Guard has 5 NFC players and only 1 AFC)

So 1 tight end and 3 big bodied receivers were selected to the pro bowl for the Tight end position. What a joke!:rolleyes:

olsen is a real tight end. underrated as well.

surprised gates didn't make it. julius thomas isn't one of the top 5 tight ends, aside from some td's he's useless.

I'll be honest. There isn't a more worthless game than the Pro-Bowl. It never features the BEST players at a position. If it went the way of the dodo bird, it would be better for everyone, including the players..

would have been nice to see Collins get the nod but who cares really.

More than anyone else, McCourty not making it is just stupid. Hightower I'm fine with not making it, since DeAndre Levy is the real snub at OLB. The fact that he didn't make it tells you everything you need to know about how incompetent the voters are at evaluating defensive performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down